LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Electric Mirror Control Illumination

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-12, 08:39 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts
Default Electric Mirror Control Illumination

Shouldn't the electric mirror control be illuminated at night with the lights on? I just noticed that mine is not. If so, what is required to get it illuminated? Is there a bulb to replace and does that small panel surrounding it just pop out? Thanks all.
Old 04-19-12, 08:51 PM
Lynzoid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Pops out yes. Some special lamps yes.
Old 04-19-12, 08:51 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just checked and mine is not illuminated either. So, either we both have blown lights, or there is no light for some reason for the mirrors. Strange because the mirror adjustment and parking assist are illuminated. I see that the center light is lite on the folding control, but that's it.

I would say it's probably not illuminated. If there is no light to illuminate it, it would not be worth the effort to do it.
Old 04-19-12, 08:56 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
I just checked and mine is not illuminated either. So, either we both have blown lights, or there is no light for some reason for the mirrors. Strange because the mirror adjustment and parking assist are illuminated. I see that the center light is lite on the folding control, but that's it.

I would say it's probably not illuminated. If there is no light to illuminate it, it would not be worth the effort to do it.
My folding control is lite as well. Anyone else notice if there mirror control is illuminated? It's hard to imagine that we both have switches with blown bulbs. Maybe you are right and it just isn't.
Old 04-19-12, 09:06 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

I found an old thread from 2009 titled "05 LS430 mirror switch light" Apparently there is a bulb there. The little pocket draw comes out and there is a phillips screw that releases the switch. The bulb is around $13 (at least back in 2009). I'm sure it's not a big deal.
Old 04-20-12, 05:53 AM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mirror switch does light up! Mine does 100%! just yesterday I popped out the panel and took that switch apart for cleaning.
In my car two things do not light up: hazard lights button and temperature control adjustment on drivers side. Eventually I will tackle 'em....
Old 04-20-12, 06:23 AM
Lynzoid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I did all in one go - mirrors, hazards, seat ventilation, suspension controls. All were out. Using catalog i ordered lamps (all different part no.s !) and replaced all.
It's all illuminated now.
Old 04-20-12, 07:05 AM
agibson
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my switches are lighted, however the panel for the trunk and gas cover release are not. should these be illuminated and if so how do you change the bulb? I have tried to remove this section ( key lock out for the trunk) but cannot figure it out.
Old 04-20-12, 07:07 AM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Thanks everyone!
Old 04-20-12, 07:12 AM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by agibson
my switches are lighted, however the panel for the trunk and gas cover release are not. should these be illuminated and if so how do you change the bulb? I have tried to remove this section ( key lock out for the trunk) but cannot figure it out.
My trunk and gas cover are lit.

Last edited by Bocatrip; 04-20-12 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-20-12, 07:18 AM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by agibson
They should light up. There are no bulbs behind the buttons, the are overhead in front of the buttons. Same bulbs are in many nooks and crevices of the car (door handles, sunroof switches etc).
Old 04-20-12, 12:11 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Basically if it can be pushed, pulled or turned it supposed to be lit. My seat heater switches bulb just blew so now I have to make a trip the dealer to pick up a bulb for that and the hazards.
Old 04-20-12, 12:51 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr
Basically if it can be pushed, pulled or turned it supposed to be lit. My seat heater switches bulb just blew so now I have to make a trip the dealer to pick up a bulb for that and the hazards.
Glad you mentioned this. Before I go out to replace the mirror control bulb, I will check everything to see if it is lit up. Why make a second trip? Can these bulbs be purchased through Toyota if I give them the appropriate info or do they need an actual part number?
Old 04-20-12, 05:26 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

I just finished checking all my buttons for illumination and other than the electric mirror control, the following are also out:

Driver's side master window lock button
power sunroof sliding button
power sunroof tilt button
dashlight dimmer twist button
headrest up down buttons (both)

Are all these buttons illuminated?
Old 04-22-12, 09:34 AM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
I just finished checking all my buttons for illumination and other than the electric mirror control, the following are also out:

Driver's side master window lock button
power sunroof sliding button
power sunroof tilt button
dashlight dimmer twist button
headrest up down buttons (both)

Are all these buttons illuminated?
I don't believe none of those buttons are illuminated so if you're in the dark and need to adjust them then you SOL. lol. As for the part numbers, i went to Toyota to try and get the seat heater bulb but the guy told me he would need an actual part number to cross reference so off to the Lexus dealer i go. This way i can Check out the new GS while im there.

Quick Reply: Electric Mirror Control Illumination