LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Opinions on saddle interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-09, 06:38 PM
BLACKASH
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on saddle interior

Looking at buying a Black/Saddle custom luxury 2005 LS430. Have only seen this combination in pictures. Will have to travel seven hours to pick up car. Will this car be worth the trip? Is the color scheme as impressive in person?
Will I not be impressed when I see it?
Post pics if you have them
Old 02-03-09, 06:44 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You've said you've only seen pics, so what would MORE pics do? You really can't tell from pictures the "color" shading because picture's white balance are always off and skew the color slightly. What I would say is, run down to your local Lexus and ask to look at the SC430 they may have in saddle. Saddle was aplenty on the SC430. I would say more than 50% of the SC430 I've seen have the saddle interior.

I almost got a black/saddle LS430, but missed it by two weeks. It was already sold. I was not even looking at saddle as an interior color because I didn't know it existed until one day I had gotten a call about a silver I believe it was, with black/saddle interior. I didn't want silver exterior.

Anyway, I think saddle is a very love it/hate it sort of color. I personally think it's different and black/saddle I think is the best combo of contrast and schematic variance. My wife use to have a burgandy 745i with "saddle" color interior and it's a nice rawhide color.
Old 02-03-09, 07:05 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I personally have seen few cars with this combo....it is the actual combo I was looking for but never found the exact car!! Very nice combo in my opinion!!
Old 02-04-09, 06:47 AM
BLACKASH
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
You've said you've only seen pics, so what would MORE pics do? You really can't tell from pictures the "color" shading because picture's white balance are always off and skew the color slightly. What I would say is, run down to your local Lexus and ask to look at the SC430 they may have in saddle. Saddle was aplenty on the SC430. I would say more than 50% of the SC430 I've seen have the saddle interior.

I almost got a black/saddle LS430, but missed it by two weeks. It was already sold. I was not even looking at saddle as an interior color because I didn't know it existed until one day I had gotten a call about a silver I believe it was, with black/saddle interior. I didn't want silver exterior.

Anyway, I think saddle is a very love it/hate it sort of color. I personally think it's different and black/saddle I think is the best combo of contrast and schematic variance. My wife use to have a burgandy 745i with "saddle" color interior and it's a nice rawhide color.
To be more specific, I was hoping to see the saddle interior with other exterior colors.

Last edited by BLACKASH; 02-04-09 at 06:50 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-04-09, 07:39 AM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SADDLE LEATHER IS HOTT! Black on Saddle is a good color combo too. Go ahead and buy it!
Old 02-04-09, 07:52 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yes....saddle is nice! I like it on blk and white. Very clean and different....
Old 02-04-09, 08:02 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

is saddle that weird orangish brown color. if so, i had my mother just about convinced that she needed to go buy a 1-2 year old sc430 until i pulled up a list of the available cars in her area for between like 30-40k with low mileage and 19 of about 20 were all saddle interior. i was a little embarrassed because of all the praise i had just given lexus and i guess we mutually agreed that the saddle (orange/brown leather) interior was not very cool.
Old 02-04-09, 08:14 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^ Yup.....
Old 02-04-09, 08:18 AM
rcpeters
Driver

My SC430 has saddle interior and I would not have bought one in any other color. However, I don't think saddle would look so well in the LS cars. Maybe with a gold or brown exterior, but any other color would be kinda gaudy, in my opinion. Our Mystic Sea Green LS430 looks nice with the greenish-gray interior.

Old 02-04-09, 09:56 AM
AlexusAnja

Like I said... love it or hate it. Like "mustard" either you like it, or you don't... none, "oh, it's okay..."
Old 02-04-09, 10:06 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

but mustard is awesome!!
Old 02-04-09, 03:27 PM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

If Saddle is a love it/hate it color ... does it affect resale value?
Old 02-04-09, 05:28 PM
ghenley
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed that you're in GA. I saw a Black/saddle LS 430 at Atlanta Ultra Cars in Alpharetta Ga (atlantaultracars.com), but don't know if they still have it.

Greg
Old 02-04-09, 06:41 PM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

ghenly ... thank you.

Blackash is my brother. We'll go see it if it is still there. That way he can see what saddle interior looks like in person without travelling 7 hours. Thanks.
Old 02-04-09, 07:19 PM
AlexusAnja

Default Perceived value

Originally Posted by BlackUltra
If Saddle is a love it/hate it color ... does it affect resale value?
All depends on the buyers looking and if they believe their is value in the color and rarity of the saddle. For me, I like it, so if it were $1000 more than comparable, I would buy it. For those that don't like it, they would pass even if $500 less than comparable. Like anything in life, one mans garbage is another man's treasure.. and vice versa.

Quick Reply: Opinions on saddle interior