LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

mannheim and other auctions

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-09, 12:29 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default mannheim and other auctions

is there a way to find out what the ls ultra from 04-6 is going for for free? I was searching online to find auction prices and got nowhere. I am considering another ultra for when my IS 350 lease is up. thanks in advance
Old 02-03-09, 12:57 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

i tried this once and got to a web page for manheim that required a dealer login to see the inventory. so apparently you have to be an authorized dealer, have your company/ dealership request the access for you, and pay the 500$ membership fee. then you are allowed to log in. i tried to search for some usernames & passwords and none of the ones i found worked. so try to find someone who has access and persuade them to search for you or show you the site...

i have a business card of someone who has manheim access and supposedly they charge 500-1000$$ depending on car to take someone up there as a guest and allow them to purchase a vehicle.
Old 02-03-09, 01:01 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

yeah I ran up against that as well. I would gladly pay 1000 to someone local to me to be able to go to the mannheim or other high end auction.
Old 02-03-09, 01:10 PM
d-cannon
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know a company that charges just a $1,500 markup on any vehicle you want. They are very honest and go over everything about the car with you before it hits the auction block. They put their hands on the vehicle, and will answer any question you have.
Old 02-03-09, 01:12 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

well then i would ask around at some used car dealerships up your way then, it doesn't hurt to just ask a dealer, whats the worst they could say, 'no'? but i would not pay more than a G for their help in the purchase.
Old 02-03-09, 01:13 PM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the best bet are manufacturer lease returns. All the large manufacturers have these very often. Many of the local mom and pop dealers goes to these to buy and resell them. One local person advertise his personal service in my city $500 flat. He will give you a listing of what is available and you give him your max bid, or if you choose go with them. Before I purchase my LS, I had contemplated a Mercedes S55 and the listing prices I got was fairly cheap. About 10k less than person to person sales. However, I was not able to travel to San Fransisco with the person to check the cars out in person so I had opted out.
Old 02-03-09, 01:19 PM
d-cannon
Rookie

Originally Posted by airtime
I think the best bet are manufacturer lease returns. All the large manufacturers have these very often. Many of the local mom and pop dealers goes to these to buy and resell them. One local person advertise his personal service in my city $500 flat. He will give you a listing of what is available and you give him your max bid, or if you choose go with them. Before I purchase my LS, I had contemplated a Mercedes S55 and the listing prices I got was fairly cheap. About 10k less than person to person sales. However, I was not able to travel to San Fransisco with the person to check the cars out in person so I had opted out.
$500 is great! Also remember the gavel price does not include auction fees and expect to spend a couple of dollars on reconditioning.

BTW, airtime, you have a PM.
Old 02-03-09, 01:26 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by d-cannon
I know a company that charges just a $1,500 markup on any vehicle you want. They are very honest and go over everything about the car with you before it hits the auction block. They put their hands on the vehicle, and will answer any question you have.
if they are a national company could you give me their info? thanks in advance.
Old 02-03-09, 01:36 PM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't forget to check your local Craigslist too. Here is one from my city
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/1019680866.html

Last edited by airtime; 02-04-09 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-03-09, 06:37 PM
WoRKeDiT
Driver

I got my 04 ls430 ul from. Manhiem last month it was a lease turn in with 30k milesi paid 23k for it it would have been cheaper but someone else ran me up on the bid. It was the only ul there and it was white. Pretty clean just some scratches on the rear bumper. I just got the rear bumper re shot.
Old 02-03-09, 06:53 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

thats a good price on an ultra. I miss mine even on crappy days like today when its really slippery out. the white ones look really really good but all I insist on is an ecru interior this time. I had silver with black which everyone loved but me. black interiors are too depressing and I am too old to be trying to have a 'mean' looking car. dark blue or silver or black with ecru is something I can live with.
Old 02-04-09, 08:37 AM
rcpeters
Driver

Sometimes, a used car dealer will show you the mannheim auctions when you are considering the purchase of a car from them. I have found the information to be very depressing though when I challenged the trade-in value the were offering me. They would show me how much they could buy be a lower mileage car for and that was several thousand less than the low trade-in amount they had offered me. Of course, like someone else said, there are costs on top of the auction price.

My advice, buy directly from an individual after doing a lot of research. Stay away from dealers, especially CAR MAX and used car lots, except to decide on the car that you want to buy. Both of my cars were purchased from used car dealers as I could not find the colors I wanted else where. I probably paid 10-20% more than I would have from a desperate individual, but I saved a lot from not buying at a Lexus dealer. Their prices always seemed to be at retail or more.

Old 02-04-09, 08:46 AM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

I have my family friend's dealer account to access manheim.
If you pm me, I can tell you what the general prices (average price with average miles) are for regions (northeast, northwest, etc.)
btw, I picked up my car from manheim too. And I had run VIN numbers on all the ones I was looking at for that particular day so that I knew exactly where to go
Old 01-04-15, 03:51 PM
longo32
Driver School Candidate

I.m with you on the interior color (black) to me it's like crawling into a Welsh Coal Mine. They do look a little better with a silver exterior, but "black on black" looks like a funeral pace car.
Old 01-04-15, 04:27 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Back from the dead.

Quick Reply: mannheim and other auctions