LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

what do u think is better ls430 or 750li?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-09, 05:59 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tee time... good one there. ha ha.

Interiors or subjective too, I personally like the simple functionality of the 430 over the German counterparts, especially MB. Having the power seat buttons on the door and shaped like the seats are just too much IMO. If you can't figure out the way a power seat system/button works... then you're been driving that Yugo long beyond it's service life...
Old 01-25-09, 08:08 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee
Personally I like (my garage)

As opposed to (their garage)

And that is one of the reason that swayed me to Lexus.

Nothing new here... always bashing the Competition. I on the other hand, respect BMW and MB for styling and performance... Now on the other hand, if we talk about Audi, Caddy, Jaguar, that's another story.
Old 01-26-09, 04:28 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Hey I'm not bashing just stating my opinion and my experience with BMW. My brother also is a BMW tech and works for a local dealer fixing them. I respect what BMW brings to the table but they have issues when it comes to reliability.
Old 01-26-09, 07:24 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so i've got a question about bmw's warranty stuff. if you buy a new one and leave it at stock, will they fix any problem that arrizes with it for the entire life of the warranty?? and how long is this warranty??
Old 01-26-09, 10:15 AM
willmad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes BMW will cover even windshield wiper blades and brake pads for 4yrs/50k.
Old 01-26-09, 10:28 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

sweeeeettt... good to know, especially since i'm really digin' that 1 series twin turbo in line 6, wonder if this motor comes in the convertible as well. now if only the price would come down to under 20k (weekend fun car), hmmmm then it wouldn't be covered under warranty, well back to the drawing boards.
Old 01-26-09, 12:34 PM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sojah
sweeeeettt... good to know, especially since i'm really digin' that 1 series twin turbo in line 6, wonder if this motor comes in the convertible as well. now if only the price would come down to under 20k (weekend fun car), hmmmm then it wouldn't be covered under warranty, well back to the drawing boards.

^^Guy i know at work is also lookin at one of these. He's a BMW guy. Had a 3,5 & a 7 series since we've worked together. He says "the 1 series is the biggest overpriced piece of thrash BMW offers".....exact words. Didnt bother to ask why but i'd assume he knows what he's talkin about.
Old 01-26-09, 12:44 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah i went on bmw's site a while back and did the build your own thing and the freakin' 1 series i pieced out came to like 59k or something ridiculous. on the other hand about a week before i sold my gs400 which was pretty fast mind you,, intake + ecu + full exhaust and high flow cats,, well i got spanked by this little white 1 series bmw that come to find out has a twin turbo inline 6 and weighs a lot less... i bet they are really fun to drive too, expensive, but fun..
Old 01-26-09, 01:03 PM
pete896
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy what you love/like to drive and enjoy it... I have an 04 LS 430 and 08 750i both have a sport package and they drive great... I think every car have issue big are small... BMW and Lexus build great cars.... This is my third BMW and i love it...
Old 01-26-09, 03:46 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just throwing scenarios around, nothing to provide proof on one or the other... but let's say you have an LS430 for 250k and the alternator dies, one power window motor goes, two coil packs junk out, and you have a radio go faulty. In the mind of the Lexus owner who may have high expectations, they would consider it troublesome. On the other hand, if the same were to go on a BMW, they would probably take it as "damn, that was pretty good." It's really all about expectations and what you can live with.

If EVERYONE on the planet expected their vehicles to live up to "no problem" reliability, then there surely would be only two or three manufacturers out there. I have known people who just continue to buy domestic because their expectations are that it be "reliable" up to 100K and they're fine with it. If the transmission blows, it's okay because they had it for a "good" ten years and 100K and they're happy.

For Lexus owners, we MUSt have reliability along with our smooth ride. For a BMW owner, they need the handling and can accept some "minor" issues. That's just how it is.
Old 01-26-09, 07:59 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by So Philly1
^^Guy i know at work is also lookin at one of these. He's a BMW guy. Had a 3,5 & a 7 series since we've worked together. He says "the 1 series is the biggest overpriced piece of thrash BMW offers".....exact words. Didnt bother to ask why but i'd assume he knows what he's talkin about.
I would agree w/ this statement, 1 series is a joke! This car is for the spoiled daddy's girl as there 1st car IMO. The girl who got to have BMW. I can't see a grown man driving this thing! That's just me.
Old 01-27-09, 04:30 AM
Tee

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
I would agree w/ this statement, 1 series is a joke! This car is for the spoiled daddy's girl as there 1st car IMO. The girl who got to have BMW. I can't see a grown man driving this thing! That's just me.
LOL! What is so funny is that is exactly what I see tooling around town, yet i have seen a few guys as well but mostly young girls.
Old 01-27-09, 04:42 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

according to what i read a while back around the time the 1 series debuted in the states it is exactly the same dimensions as the old 3 series (1 series's have been in europe for a long time now, by most of the top manufactures, but the states has never had a market for them). i think 'we' in the states got lost a long time ago and started making everything bigger and badder and more hp bigger tires, less mpg, more towing capacity... don't get me started on this, however i really don't see the issue in driving a small car. just wait a few years and i predict everyone will be driving smaller cars, unless your prince abdullah akbar ameninagenabad or some shiz.

i have seen a lot of women driving them too, but this doesn't sway my opinion that i am convinced it would be an awesomely fun car to drive around as a weekend warrior or what not.

so here is something funny i have noticed. i own a scion xa and an ls430... the largest and smallest 4 doors that toyota ever produced (just guessing). i drive them both the exact same way (for the most part) when i drive the xa people tail gate me fly past me even if i'm already doing 20+ over the posted speed limit on a rainy day going around a curve, its just ridiculous how many people cut me off when i drive that smaller car. next time your driving notice how your attitude changes when you are driving behind a small car as opposed to a larger car or a lexus as opposed to a scion (they're all toyotas)... i think if the car companies would stop making each model faster and bigger than the one before it this would all change, but it would take a few years..
Old 01-27-09, 05:06 AM
Tee

Soja,

Live your life and do you, if you want the Bimmer 1 go get it! I'm sure you will be happy as BMW's are hella fun to drive.

Have you test drove one yet?
Old 01-27-09, 05:17 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i'm not in the market for a bmw, sorry for the mixup. i don't have any additional funds right now, but never the less my weekend fun car list has not changed, and the 1 is on this list..

and i do do me,,, that sounds funny...

oh and i pick the 760 over the ls430...

Last edited by sojah; 01-27-09 at 05:21 AM.

Quick Reply: what do u think is better ls430 or 750li?