LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

50k Service at Dealership - AC Filter Not Done?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-08, 11:20 AM
bigcory
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50k Service at Dealership - AC Filter Not Done?

In your experience, is the AC Filter generally included in the cost of a 50k service?

So in the sup. service manual, it states in the 50k service, the ac filter should be changed. I called an made an appointment with the dealership for the service. Had a couple small concerns I wanted to address with a tech as well.

Got the car back and today I went to stick to fabric sheets under the air filter, to make the car smell like a fresh laundry basket, and they never changed the filter. I called the service rep at the dealership and she told me, sorry, that is not included in the service. I explained that it said it is part of the 50k service. I also had specifically asked when I called, if the cost of the AC Filter was included in the $180 50k service. The lady scheduling the appointment told me yes. So bascially I feel like I paid $180 for an oil change.

Extra funny, because almost immediatly after I called the dealership, I got a recorded automessage from the Owner/Manager to call if I had any comments or concerns.... so he just might be getting a call.
Old 10-18-08, 07:55 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bad air?

Originally Posted by bigcory
In your experience, is the AC Filter generally included in the cost of a 50k service?

So in the sup. service manual, it states in the 50k service, the ac filter should be changed. I called an made an appointment with the dealership for the service. Had a couple small concerns I wanted to address with a tech as well.

Got the car back and today I went to stick to fabric sheets under the air filter, to make the car smell like a fresh laundry basket, and they never changed the filter. I called the service rep at the dealership and she told me, sorry, that is not included in the service. I explained that it said it is part of the 50k service. I also had specifically asked when I called, if the cost of the AC Filter was included in the $180 50k service. The lady scheduling the appointment told me yes. So bascially I feel like I paid $180 for an oil change.

Extra funny, because almost immediatly after I called the dealership, I got a recorded automessage from the Owner/Manager to call if I had any comments or concerns.... so he just might be getting a call.
I've never done it as dealership, so I don't now, but I thought the Lexus oil change alone was $150, so I would have thought $180 would include something $30 more, like perhaps the air filter? I don't know.. those prices are just crazy. I've had the 60K service and now the 110K service and the A/C was not changed in either of them. Keep in mind, I change that filter myself, so maybe it was because they looked clean that they were not changed, but my experience with dealers is, if it's called for during that interval, they change it no matter what.

If you're a loyal customer, then call back and complain about it. Maybe you'll get some other deals thrown in to satisfy your business.
Old 10-18-08, 09:05 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

The thing that really gets me isn't even the fact that I asked the lady scheduling my appointment if the cost of the filter was included in that. It's that the matience manual specifically states to change the filter at 50k. I would think the dealership would follow the manual exactly.

Anyone else have any experience with this?
Old 10-19-08, 01:53 AM
lexuscrazy
Rookie

Originally Posted by bigcory
The thing that really gets me isn't even the fact that I asked the lady scheduling my appointment if the cost of the filter was included in that. It's that the matience manual specifically states to change the filter at 50k. I would think the dealership would follow the manual exactly.

Anyone else have any experience with this?
If it states that the filter would be changed and they told you so over the phone(before it got serviced), then call the Lexus head office and complain. They will most definitely do something about it. IF not re-imburse you the invoice amount!
Old 10-20-08, 10:22 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

So i spoke with the service rep that helped me. She basically told me too bad. I then emailed the dealership from their website and got a reply from the Service Admin. She bascially told me the same thing, but after a very light push, she agree'd to provide me with the air filter.

I'm a happy camper now.