Old 09-07-08, 01:11 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Help with UL Air ride and controller

I really need some help here.....

its been a whole week.....WTF

I do have the air ride controller...

Last Sunday the car started adjusting in height by itself.....it first statred with the drivers front....then a few days later....the rear passenger will lower on its own....as Im driving or parked .....this damn car is alll over the place....its adjusting on its own

my battery was going dead....so I thaught it would have something to do with it.....but it isnt cause I got a new battery put in yesterday...and the problem is still there...

when I feel the car going up or down from one side while driving.....I can notice cause the car shifts to one side and also because you can see the bars on the controller moving up and down.....what I do is hit the "L" mode,let it drop down ( as Im driving) and then place it back to the setting I was at......this helps.....but the problem comes back
Old 09-07-08, 01:16 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

also, dont know if this had something to do with it.....but Im usually the only one in the car.....but last sunday was my daughters B-day party and had kids in the back seat....

when we arrived at the party, the whole passenger side was slammmed and my drivers was high...

and ever since last sunday, I cant get the car to stay at one position.
Old 09-07-08, 02:51 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a faulty datasystems controller. Either that or it was wired in-correctly.

Originally Posted by GATO
also, dont know if this had something to do with it.....but Im usually the only one in the car.....but last sunday was my daughters B-day party and had kids in the back seat....

when we arrived at the party, the whole passenger side was slammmed and my drivers was high...

and ever since last sunday, I cant get the car to stay at one position.
Old 09-07-08, 05:27 PM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Quick way to tell were the issue it. Unplug the controller. It should take about 5 minutes to do. Ride without for a couple of days to see if its still doing weird things.
Old 09-08-08, 07:09 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I spoke w/ GATO on this, I have the same issues on my car once in awhile. He told me he did unplug the data system. And so far so good....from when I last heard from him.....he is driving w/out the data controller plugged up and he has a few lights on the gauge cluster showing up.....but he said the car has not changed since then, I mean could it really be a bad data controller? I've had mine for over a year......
Old 09-08-08, 10:12 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that's scary.
But I have mine on for 6 mon and so far no problem, except everytime I drive over 60mph, my dash keeps flashing " Heigh Hi " .
What's the setting when you drive, GATO? Could it be you drive too low?
Old 09-08-08, 11:21 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Wow, that's scary.
But I have mine on for 6 mon and so far no problem, except everytime I drive over 60mph, my dash keeps flashing " Heigh Hi " .
What's the setting when you drive, GATO? Could it be you drive too low?

OK, I took a chance when the car was leveled at an ok height and pulled the PLUG......Yep, I disconnected the air controller and so far so good.....well not that its a fix, but at least its stable for now.

Bad controller???

blacksc400, I drive on 5 rear 7 front and sometimes on 7 rear and 9 on front.
Old 09-09-08, 10:13 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

I don't remember from your past post if you plugged in the speed sensor wire?

If you didn't, could that be a culprit also?
Old 09-09-08, 12:31 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Originally Posted by GATO
OK, I took a chance when the car was leveled at an ok height and pulled the PLUG......Yep, I disconnected the air controller and so far so good.....well not that its a fix, but at least its stable for now.

Bad controller???

blacksc400, I drive on 5 rear 7 front and sometimes on 7 rear and 9 on front.
Possibly being it's too low? I drive 5 6 or 7, my current set up is 5 in the front and 6 in the back. because I got fat tires in the front.
Well, I know AIRTIME always drives at 7 or lower.

Last edited by blacksc400; 09-09-08 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-09-08, 02:25 PM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Possibly being it's too low? I drive 5 6 or 7, my current set up is 5 in the front and 6 in the back. because I got fat tires in the front.
Well, I know AIRTIME always drives at 7 or lower.
Well, I drive at 5 on rougher road, 7 only on roads I know is smooth and to show it off a little Anything lower than that, I'll be driving straight lines only.

Also, I guess I'll add this in here for all datasystem users: In the valve screen, are all your heights at the same level? My right rear indicates a lot lower than the left side but when I get out of the car to look, it's perfectly even. Not sure why the screen shows that? I'll take an image of it later.

Last edited by airtime; 09-09-08 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-09-08, 03:40 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Originally Posted by airtime
Well, I drive at 5 on rougher road, 7 only on roads I know is smooth and to show it off a little Anything lower than that, I'll be driving straight lines only.

Also, I guess I'll add this in here for all datasystem users: In the valve screen, are all your heights at the same level? My right rear indicates a lot lower than the left side but when I get out of the car to look, it's perfectly even. Not sure why the screen shows that? I'll take an image of it later.

I know what you talking about, mine does the same.
Old 09-09-08, 06:53 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

I 3rd that....
Old 09-11-08, 09:42 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

well, everything has been nack to normal for the past 2 days...

hmm, maybe it had something to do with that low battery.
Old 12-03-08, 11:52 AM
Lawrenzo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is an '04 UL using the datasystem controller

I've had all the same problems as you guys and am also thinking it could be a faulty controller. I've even tried changing through LS models in the start-up settings.

Like, GATO, I thought a poor battery could have been the culprit so I replaced the battery. It was fine for a few weeks but then the occasional "automatic un-even ride height" returned. I would disconnect the controller, then reconnect it (like GATO), which would solve it for a short while.

The problem that I'm having now is that the right rear corner is having a different valving from the rest of the car. You can really feel it dampening differently. As a test, I raised the height way beyond stock this morning and it filled up fine so I don't think it's a faulty strut. Perhaps a faulty factory sensor or control module that oversees the system? I have the extended FACTORY platinum warranty so I'll eventually bring it to the dealer to check the sensors... just not much time lately.

I will try driving with the controller unplugged for a few days and see if the valving goes back to normal.

I hope it's not a bad datasystem controller because I got it from ebay and don't know if they'll warranty it =/
Old 12-03-08, 12:07 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

yes please do find out and let me know as well....

Quick Reply: Help with UL Air ride and controller