LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

ML amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-08, 10:21 AM
JemmyTran
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having Window Tint Problems!!!!!!!!

yO I am gonnna need your help on this one. I just got my windows tinted yesterday and now my CD and radio is not working I heard of the NAV not working but my NAV is working fine. At times I will hear the music and then it kinda makes a static noise and shut off sound but the audio is still going. Man was I mad. I got my windows double tinted because the guy told me that it will come out the same and the price will be alot cheaper so i went with the double tint. I dont know if its has anything to do with the double tint in the back window or not? Should i get my back window re tinted to single tint? I dont know what to do!!! Please help
Old 04-06-08, 12:08 PM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I know this sounds stupid but did you try rolling all the windows down to see if your radio reception is any better?

Not sure where your radio antenna is located as some cars are on the rear window defroster location so rolling down the window would not help.
Old 04-07-08, 12:09 AM
JemmyTran
Pole Position

Well they told me 3 days till roll down the windows but then again the cd player has the same problem and correct me if i am wrong the cd player doesnt need the antenna to work thats what the audio guy said. at first the music comes on for a couple seconds then makes a static noise and shuts off now it doesnt even have any sound. Does anybody else have this problem
Old 04-07-08, 12:11 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

your tint might have that magnetic compound in them that supposedly reflects UV rays better, but don't quote me on that
Old 04-07-08, 11:29 AM
Boomer01
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is your tint metallic? I know that will cause reception problems.
Old 04-07-08, 12:44 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe too much water sprays on the window when they tinted, and shorted the speakers??

I heard this happen all the time on Mercedes.
Old 04-07-08, 09:09 PM
JemmyTran
Pole Position

well when i select the volume for the navigation it still says "Guidance will be set at this volume" So i guess the speakers are still working and the guy checked all the power going to and from the speakers and says everything is ok. if by any chance too much water sprays shorted the speakers what am i supposed to do
Old 04-08-08, 06:12 AM
scottmcc
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adjust your fader and balance control to the rear passenger speaker only.. See if the CD player stays on without shutting off..

If that works then adjust to the left rear speaker, etc..IF the problem is with your speakers this process will locate the faulty speaker(s)
Old 04-08-08, 08:48 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds like an AMP issue.
Old 04-08-08, 09:35 AM
JemmyTran
Pole Position

well when i select the volume for the navigation and it says "guidance will be set at this volume" it only works on the front driver speaker I am not sure if it is supposed to work on all the speakers or just that one? Do you know where the amp is located and how to check to see if it is the amp?
Old 04-08-08, 07:05 PM
JemmyTran
Pole Position

Does anyone know where the ML amp is located in the 2001 LS430? and what signs to know for sure that the amp is blown
Old 04-09-08, 07:18 AM
JemmyTran
Pole Position

Default ML amp

Does anyone know where exactly the ML amp is located in the 2001 LS430 and specific details of how to get to it? Also have anyone else experienced a blown amp in their LS yet? any help is appreciated!!!
Old 04-09-08, 11:09 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I merged your threads. A quick use of the search engine yielded a few links, including:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=315255
Old 04-09-08, 11:55 AM
scottmcc
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at my previous post regarding adjusting your balance and fader controls..

If you have a short on one of your speakers this will help you pinpoint it..

Yes, the nav voice only comes out of the drivers speakers.
Old 04-09-08, 12:43 PM
JemmyTran
Pole Position

Thanks for all your help. I tried adjusting the balance controls and still no sound on any of the speakers everything works fine the radio turns on and cd player works but just no sound comes out. when i adjust the nav volume it only comes out of the driver speaker only. i guess it is my amp but can it just go out like that? it happened right when i picked up my car from the tint shop i got in the car and the radio came on for a sec and shut off. I thought it was their fault so i was complaining. I found a used amp for $400 and called the dealer they said $1900 is it really worth it getting a new one?

Quick Reply: ML amp