LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Winter Floor Mat Options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-10, 06:42 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Winter Floor Mat Options?

Now that I've got my winter wheels, I'm starting to think winter floor mats. I just received a set of Weathertech Extreme Duty floor liners for my Subaru. They look to be great, but they are not available for the LS430. Lexus accessory websites either don't list the factory all weather floormats for the LS430 or say they are (temporarily) unavailable.

Any suggestions for good winter mats that won't shift around or dribble melted snow on the carpet?
Old 07-29-10, 07:41 PM
CG lover
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up a very large and heavy duty set at Costco three years past and they still look like new,, not much of anything gets out of the them to the carpet area,, the wifes does work forward a tad but only by an inch or so,, would certainly buy them again,,

Derry
Old 07-30-10, 06:54 AM
danxp
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

submit a quote request on irontoad... if it's not listed on their website, you just need to ask for a quote...

i think i bought my all-weather set for less than $100 shipped...

good luck.
Old 07-30-10, 07:13 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i have the standard cut weather techs in my LS. A bit on the ugly side, but then again, anything other than carpet is. They do work extremely well though.
Old 07-30-10, 10:55 AM
eddie_k_
Rookie

+1 for the weather techs! I have them, they are ugly but are fantastic!!!!
Old 07-30-10, 12:19 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

I had the standard Weathertechs in my 04 CTS and didn't really care for them. A lot of melted slush dribbled over the side.
Old 07-30-10, 12:26 PM
george1
Driver School Candidate

Ebay has some good mats that are custom cut for LS 430. I have a set and I am very happy with it. They fit great, clear color so you see the original mats below, and have little "wells" to capture dirt and moisture. I paid around $75. So just go to ebay.com and serach for LS430 mats or LS 430 mats.
Old 07-30-10, 01:24 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Mine came with a set of rubber Lexus mats and a set of carpet mats. I like the rubber ones so well I just leave them in full time. I did buy a new set of Lexus carpets but they are being stored for some possible use in the future...or i will just sell them in a few years. I found out the hard way that after about 6-7 years the original OEM mats are no longer sold. And mint sets of OEM mats sell for 25-50% more than original price on ebay at about 10 years : )
Old 07-30-10, 02:36 PM
G_ride
Rookie

I brought my all weather lexus floor mats for the ls430 off of sewell lexus from ebay about a year ago for $85. I'm not sure if they sell have them, but they fit and look perfect.
Old 07-30-10, 03:45 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

^^
The Sewell site no longer lists them. Other dealer sites list the mats as unavailable.
Old 07-30-10, 04:52 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

I think the mats not being avail is related to the Toyota acceleration no brakes deal. I tried to buy rubber mats for my 07 Highlander in June and Toyota said they were temporarily unavailable. I guess I will buy some weather tech mats if the Toyota mats stay unavailable for much longer. They get good reviews.
Old 07-30-10, 09:49 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I have the LS430 rubber OEM mats. They fit nicely, hooks fit very tight. There are deep grooves to catch the water, snow, and mud. I believe they were discontinued (not sure why). Luckily I bought mine. I have catch-all's in my LX...excellent mat, feels like carpet but is chemical/acid proof. These are more highly rated than the weathertechs on the Landcruiser ih8mud.com forum under the FAQ (IIRC, the complaint is the area below one's heel wears out). Unfortunately, catch-all only makes them for trucks/SUV's.
Old 07-31-10, 03:26 AM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really like the Lloyd mats. I have them in all of my cars including the LS430... I leave them in year round. I've used the Weathertech mats before and although they protect very well, I don't like the look of them all that much.

http://www.lloydmats.com/rubbertite.htm
Old 07-31-10, 04:00 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Originally Posted by JimsGX
I really like the Lloyd mats. I have them in all of my cars including the LS430... I leave them in year round. I've used the Weathertech mats before and although they protect very well, I don't like the look of them all that much.

http://www.lloydmats.com/rubbertite.htm
How thick are the Lloyd rubber mats? (Maybe how deep are the little wells is a more meaningful question.) I had a set that looked like that in my Dakota, but they weren't Lloyd and they were thin and nearly useless. I've owned (and liked) Lloyd's carpeted mats before.
Old 07-31-10, 03:24 PM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They're pretty thin and don't offer the same level of protection from melting snow around the edge as a Weathertech, but they're adequate in my opinion. They don't have the raised lip around the perimeter like a Weathertech does. I'd guess they're around 1/4 to 5/16" thick.

Quick Reply: Winter Floor Mat Options?