LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS430 Garage Opener won't program...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-08, 04:50 PM
Moogy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LS430 Garage Opener won't program...

This is driving me nuts. I had no problem with my previous house, but with our new place, the garage door opener just will NOT program.

I've replaced the battery in the transmitter, and no matter what, the HomeLink system just won't grab the signal; not even to the point of identifying whether or not it's a rolling signal.

The current opener (from the previous owners) is a crappy Genie, but it does work fine with the remote.

I'd hate to have to consider changing the opener just to get my HomeLink system...

Any ideas?
Old 04-26-08, 07:35 PM
motohide
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you try to clear out the three Lexus Homelink buttons before programming it? It may have all 3 of the slots already programmed with other codes? A rolling code remote must be programmed differently than with a normal single code remote. (refer to Homelink or user manual...I can't remember exactly how)

Also, if the unit is rolling code, you do need to press a button on the receiver side, then use your programmed Homelink to input as a new remote within 30 seconds. It's quite a tricky process takes a few tries after the Homelink remote on the car is programmed. Also the receiver will kick out an old remote if you have more than 4 or 8 remotes, oldest first... So you have to make sure you use up all the slots with the existing remotes you do use.
Old 04-27-08, 09:54 AM
Moogy
Pole Position

No, I haven't tried clearing them. I have the 1st button still programmed for my other house, and am trying to get the second for the new house. I had no problem doing the 1st at all; not sure why the 2nd would be an issue?

I can't even get to the point where it thinks there's a rolling code. I'll hold it down for 20 seconds while holding the GD opener button, and it just slowly blinks the whole time; that's it. Sometimes the blinking will "pause" but other than that, it's all the same behavior - it never gets anywhere...
Old 04-27-08, 03:13 PM
motohide
Pole Position

Humm... If the remote is working and on fresh battery as you say, and the Lexus Homelink is not taking the code, I can only suggest you visit a Lexus dealer for inspection or replacement or consult Homelink for incompatibility.

I'm stumped...

I have a rolling code in two of 3 slots 1 and 3, and both took the transmission fine (though it took a few tries at first....) Seems like you are pretty familiar with the process (and is similar for all Homelink devices) I think the fastest solution will be claiming warranty replacement and trying it with a new Homelink unit installed. You can tell the dealer that such malfunction is a home security issue and should be dealt with immediately? I think...
Old 04-27-08, 08:16 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Moogy
No, I haven't tried clearing them. I have the 1st button still programmed for my other house, and am trying to get the second for the new house. I had no problem doing the 1st at all; not sure why the 2nd would be an issue?

I can't even get to the point where it thinks there's a rolling code. I'll hold it down for 20 seconds while holding the GD opener button, and it just slowly blinks the whole time; that's it. Sometimes the blinking will "pause" but other than that, it's all the same behavior - it never gets anywhere...

I'm guessing the first house didnt have a rolling code feature.

You have to press the learn button on the receiver, then press the garage door opener button on the car to complete the programming (after the step you did.)
Old 04-27-08, 10:40 PM
motohide
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
I'm guessing the first house didnt have a rolling code feature.

You have to press the learn button on the receiver, then press the garage door opener button on the car to complete the programming (after the step you did.)
I think he means the Homelink on the Lexus won't accept the signal from original remote control (Step 1: Programming the car) ...thereby not able to even get to the step 2(registereig Homelink unit on the car to the opener.)
Old 04-28-08, 06:04 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by motohide
I think he means the Homelink on the Lexus won't accept the signal from original remote control (Step 1: Programming the car) ...thereby not able to even get to the step 2(registereig Homelink unit on the car to the opener.)
if my memory serves me correct, you wont know you completed step one, until you've completed step two.
Old 04-28-08, 01:50 PM
Moogy
Pole Position

motohide is correct - the manual specifically says that you address the rolling code issue after the initial signal has been "installed", which is what is not happening.

I'll hold down button #2 and the remote at the same time. The homelink button is solid for nearly 20 seconds then it starts to slowly blink; it never quickly blinks. Somtimes it'll pause or stagger in its slow blinking pattern, but that's the most I get from it...
Old 04-29-08, 09:16 AM
FYOUNES
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

attached is the GARAGE DOOR OPENER
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
garagedo.pdf (12.5 KB, 914 views)