LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Where to find Data Air Suspension Controller?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-08, 09:17 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexxuss
You can adjust two positions with a stock suspension: High and Normal. With a controller you can set much more and play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGDlsNO0F9Q

DataSystem ASC680 is the right choice:

http://www.datasystem.co.jp/catalog/pdf/asc.pdf

Harness H-087D for LS430 < 2004 (UCF30) and H-087E for >= 2004 (UCF31) needed. All European LS 430 have air suspension, in the U.S. the Ultra Luxury series. Visit http://www.f1kits.com/ to get your controller from Japan if you can speak English only.
lol,...why did you post that video? That guy has an aftermarket setup, not a datasystem controller. I have a asc680 and that **** is slow. It takes at least 3-4min to raise and about 1-2min to dumpt. On top of that, you cant drive in L which is the lowest setting. You dont get independent 4 way. Its just left or right front and both rears on the same valve.

"L"

you can only see-saw front to back (keep it mind it took me almost 5min to get the front that high)
Old 02-12-08, 06:11 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
send an email to chung@prestigioussociety.com

got all my stuff from them including the controller for my ls460l
He wanted $770 shipped

Jonny
Old 02-12-08, 07:44 AM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

L-Tune = $680 shipped for CL member as of now. YMMV.
Old 02-12-08, 10:48 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So how low can you go with the stock air suspension without the controller?? How many finger gap?

Jonny
Old 02-12-08, 01:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
He wanted $770 shipped

Jonny
PS does everything air shipped. so you pay more but you get your stuff much faster than waiting 2 months for boat. if carson has it for 680 air shipped? that's great price man
Old 02-13-08, 08:04 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

can anywone post a vid from normal driving height to super low mode (like as low as it will go) iam willing to watch the entire video just curious PLEASE !! post one up !!
Old 02-13-08, 08:05 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by racinstyle
lol,...why did you post that video? That guy has an aftermarket setup, not a datasystem controller. I have a asc680 and that **** is slow. It takes at least 3-4min to raise and about 1-2min to dumpt. On top of that, you cant drive in L which is the lowest setting. You dont get independent 4 way. Its just left or right front and both rears on the same valve
hmm please explain
Old 02-13-08, 09:30 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
can anywone post a vid from normal driving height to super low mode (like as low as it will go) iam willing to watch the entire video just curious PLEASE !! post one up !!
Since the pictures that I posted, my cars suspension has undergone a lot of fabrication. They have been modified to take an aftermarket air management system. So now everything runs quick at the push of a button. I'll see if i get the guy that bought my controller to post up a vid.

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
hmm please explain
Its madd slow because of the follow. All the lines are hard lines that are less than 1/8". All four bags run on 1 small compressor and very small vavles. You can see em under your passenger side headlight. Its about the size of a mans fist. Take all that into account...try filling 4 bags with that equipment. See how long it takes you to raise or dump the car.
Old 02-15-08, 12:32 AM
newuser
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does this unit control just the ride height or can it adjust the suspension setting as well? (ie. softer or harder ride)
Old 02-16-08, 12:40 PM
denroll
Driver

Just the ride height.

Installing mine in a few minutes from now.

Curious, though: What function does the original normal/high suspension setting switch do with this unit in place?
Old 02-16-08, 04:41 PM
airtime

Originally Posted by denroll
Just the ride height.

Installing mine in a few minutes from now.

Curious, though: What function does the original normal/high suspension setting switch do with this unit in place?
How about taking some snapshot of the install and pointers. Mine won't be here until a couple of weeks, otherwise I would do a complete writeup. Thanks.
Old 02-16-08, 04:50 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by denroll
I'd like to know this too.

also, is it really hard to just drop it a little on the front until my data comes in??

with the data system, on a 04-05 can you tuck front tire a little? I'd like to drive with no finger gap....is that posssible??
Old 02-16-08, 11:28 PM
1phat1
Driver School Candidate

i can give u information where i bought mines call joel at 808-841-8818
Old 02-17-08, 09:39 AM
airtime

Originally Posted by GATO
I'd like to know this too. also, is it really hard to just drop it a little on the front until my data comes in?? with the data system, on a 04-05 can you tuck front tire a little? I'd like to drive with no finger gap....is that posssible??
You can adjust the sensor rods in the front. Literally takes only a few minutes to do once you get the hang. Only pain in the *** is that it may cause the back to be un-balanced at times as one front corner affects the opposite side rear.

To adjust the front, turn the steering wheel completely to one side (let say you start off with turning right) You will now to be able to access the right sensor without removing your tires. I had the same question when I first started and here is an image of what the rod looks like. (should be in position #1 to lower it) The rod is double sided. Twisting it in one direction will "expand" the sensor, while the other will contract it, thereby lowering the sensor lever. However, even at the lowest, it may not suit your taste so you may have to cut about 1/4-1/2" off each side of the rod to give you a bit more lowering. Also note there is a locking nut on the top and bottom of the rod you need to loosen before twisting to adjust. Some others have fabricated their own rod. I tried but could not find a reverse treading die (the clockwise die is easily found). Once you figure out how easy it is, it will take you only seconds to access and adjust as needed.

The rears are even easier. Just crawl under the back wheels and you will see an adjustment bar one each side. Loosen the 10mm bolt and slide the sensor down. Tighten and you are ready to go.

This is important. It takes time for the compressor to adjust the height. Just wait a minute or two to see the result, it is not immediate. I think the lowering is a bit faster than the lifting but still slow.

Good luck.

Last edited by airtime; 02-19-08 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Adding rear lowering image
The following users liked this post:
FortuneLS (04-15-18)
Old 02-19-08, 09:33 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

wow, thats some awesome stuff Airtime thanks alot!

Quick Reply: Where to find Data Air Suspension Controller?