LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Check VSC VSC off

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-16, 12:41 PM
davidsteak
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default worked perfectly

the OBD port jumping technique worked perfectly, Thanks! my mechanic wanted to replace the yaw sensor, a $1k+ repair.
Old 01-18-16, 05:43 AM
veeman5
Driver School Candidate

Default Thank you!

Procedure worked exactly as described back in 2008 on my dad's 2001 LS430. Thank you very much!
Old 02-18-16, 09:45 PM
RobertR69
Driver School Candidate

Posting my experience with this for the benefit of others. Had the check engine light come on with the "check vsc" text when I bought my car last week. The dealer (VW) I bought it from said they checked it out and could find nothing wrong. I called a local Lexus dealer's service department and explained it and they said as long as the car is driving ok it's not a big deal. Anyway, on my way home I stopped at an auto parts store to get the code. It came back as c1336. I tried to do the zero-point calibration as described, but had no luck with that. I took it to a local repair shop that specializes in Japanese cars. After checking it out, turns out there was nothing major wrong. Evidently the electrical systems are so sensitive that if the car sits for extended periods of time (like, say, on a dealer's lot), they'll start throwing these codes even if the battery tests "good." For me it was just a matter having the codes reset/cleared, with instructions to never let the car sit for more than a week without running it.
Old 04-15-16, 09:50 PM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Having a problem here. In the past, I replaced the TPS and got the VSC flashing lights, so I did the paper clip jumper and it worked fine. I've recently had some pinging under throttle, and an unrelated CEL came on due to a faulty bank 1 O2 sensor #2 (no big deal, it's old).

In an effort to check the ignition coil packs and see if one of em was possibly causing my pinging, I unplugged one while the engine was running and plugged it back in. Now I have the VSC light, but I can't reset it with the paper clip. Tried three times, allowed it to jump the terminals for up to 30 seconds. Still got the damn VSC crap. Would this be because of the active CEL from the O2 sensor?
Old 04-18-16, 05:51 AM
gt1209
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ancdmd
Having a problem here. In the past, I replaced the TPS and got the VSC flashing lights, so I did the paper clip jumper and it worked fine. I've recently had some pinging under throttle, and an unrelated CEL came on due to a faulty bank 1 O2 sensor #2 (no big deal, it's old).

In an effort to check the ignition coil packs and see if one of em was possibly causing my pinging, I unplugged one while the engine was running and plugged it back in. Now I have the VSC light, but I can't reset it with the paper clip. Tried three times, allowed it to jump the terminals for up to 30 seconds. Still got the damn VSC crap. Would this be because of the active CEL from the O2 sensor?
1. Did you use the correct method to reset VSC light? I think there are 2 methods proposed in this forum. I can't remember which one is correct but you might want to double check.
2. Did you park on a leveled surface? My driveway was inclined so it didn't work for me the first time. It worked for me after I reset the light with the vehicle parked on a leveled surface.
Old 04-18-16, 06:47 AM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes I made sure I was using the correct method, and the car was parked on a level surface.
Old 04-18-16, 09:18 PM
fensterlip
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went through that several times and then finally replaced the troublesome O2 sensor and the problem went away.
Old 07-27-16, 01:32 AM
doanvien
Driver School Candidate

Default P1349 even O2 sensors and OCV replaced

Hello from Vietnam.

I have really learned many tip and hints and methods from this forum to DIY on my car, such as I have replaced some bulbs for the interior, I did cleaning the MAF sensor, I connected an outsource media which was compatible with the CD Changer (Yatour YTM06) for playing music from SD card/USB...

Thanks about that.

My problem here below is really need your helps:

Last month, I had big repair on my LS430: I replaced the radiator, some hoses, and gasket (full) for the engine and transmission box, I changed the steering pump (with a re-man one), I restored the wheel alignment and also do the check with brake system after many years of "fighting".
The car then run pretty well (smoother, stronger and stabler) but the VSC light has lid up with the triangle and "Check VSC".

I did run the car to my mechanic, who did all the replacement and maintenance for me all the time.
First day, the code is P0420 which was caused by the catalyst system and other code which I forgot which caused by the old Oxygen Sensor near the exhaust.
I have them fixed and then, they have no fault code anymore.

I drove the car home without any problem. Next morning, I run the car to work and it seemed to be ok. But that night, the VSC light has automatically lid up again.

The day after, I put the car to that garage. The new fault code is P1349. So I accepted to replace 2 solenoids (or OCV, VVT) for both bank 1 and bank 2.
The code still there after a short drive and then, they cleaned up a bit inside the camshaft and other parts. Go for test drive after finish and clear all code -> Check VSC again.

I just realize the VSC light always lid after the second start. I mean, if they clean all the fault code -> my Lex run well until I turn off the engine. Then start the engine (second start from the last fault code clearing), drive a bit -> VSC will shout -> and also the code P1349 appears.

Til now, we and the mechanic have done a lot of research and repair but without success. I have taken the car home with the "Check VSC" (it still run pretty good, but not as good as when there is not such a Check VSC on the cluster)
I even have ordered a mini scanner to read the fault code of the car by my self (but it is still on shipping way).

A little bit thing, I have tried other method: jump 2 pin of the OBD II connector, unlock the negative battery, put the EFI fuse out for couple of hours, clean the MAF... but always the second start will bring the Check VSC back.

My next step I intend to do is clean the Oil control filter -> but I cannot locate when it places.

If someone has experienced this and got the solution to fix this, please help me. I really appreciate.
Old 07-27-16, 07:43 AM
911LE
Instructor

Received 226 Likes on 157 Posts

The oil control valve filters are under the front cam bearing caps. Not at all easy to get to or change.
Old 07-27-16, 06:37 PM
doanvien
Driver School Candidate

Yes! I found out this diagram last night and figured out the filter is located underneath the cover, thus hard for me to do.

Anyone with any solution please help! Thanks!

Old 07-28-16, 07:55 AM
hyperopt
Lead Lap

Did you or your technician tried to reset the ABS ECU? Did that on mine using Techstream and the VSC went away and had not come back.
Old 07-28-16, 07:58 AM
doanvien
Driver School Candidate

I havent tried that! Can u show me how and what I need to have to do so?

I just take the negative battery off and take the efi fuse out for ... an hour.
I just ordered a brand new ocv for bank 1 (driver side), the one they replaced for me was second hand one, so I think it was not the right part! Will take 5 business days for shipping.
Let's see what it will be?
Old 07-28-16, 08:21 AM
hyperopt
Lead Lap

Do the procedure mentioned here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...echstream.html

That procedure will clear the stored data related to ABS including VSC data.
Old 08-01-16, 08:33 PM
doanvien
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hyperopt

That procedure will clear the stored data related to ABS including VSC data.
Hi there,

Good news from me!

I bought the Vgate VS890 scanner to scan all dtc fault of the car. And it always shows P0430 and P1349 (vvt or ocv).
I did order a brand new ocv (part code: 15340-50010) and the dealer sent back to me 15340-50011. I made a question why the code is different then he replied that 50010 was the old code and the manufacture has changed to the new code 50011. It contains in a Lexus Genuine Part box.

I replaced the old ocv (second hand, was installed last week from the mechanic) with the brand new one, then used the vgate to clear all fault code.

I drove 50km since then and no VSC light anymore. But i scanned one more time to ensure and the fault P0430 still there. Code shows "wiring" and with my narrow knowlegde, I think the oxygen sensor is not connected probably (i replaced 2 brand new oxygen sensors last month)!

Will change to other thread to solve.

Anyway, BIG THANKS for all of your suggestion.

Funnything: my number plate is 8090 -> so the scanner is Vgate Vs890.
And the model of car is LS430 -> fault code P0430 go along.

What a Destiny )
Old 05-19-17, 06:39 PM
mac14
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default auto lock

i have 98 gs300 every door lock automatically when the car is moving, but now i notice no ne of the doors lock of unlock. any have any ideas

Quick Reply: Check VSC VSC off