LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Check VSC VSC off

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-09, 07:16 PM
mukarram20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I meant was I do not see VSC light flash!

Also, is the DLC3 connector is the same place that you connect a regular scanner to check engine light, correct?
Old 09-29-09, 10:20 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently encountered this problem 30 mins ago. I was driving and out of the blue the "Check VSC" light came on. Anyways, where exactly is this DLC3 plug? Can someone please go a little out of their way and take a picture for me? Or draw a reference picture as to exactly where the plug is with respect to the driver's side underdash??? Thanks.
Old 09-29-09, 10:49 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

OK so I took the plastic cover off. It was a bit of a hassle cause I was afraid of breaking it cause I wasn't sure how it was held together. Took 2 screws off and there was 2 tabs securing it in place.

So I was crawling under there for a bit and have no idea where this plug is or what it looks like. I did manage to take a picture, can someone please guide me from there if I'm close?

Old 09-29-09, 11:14 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry about the multiple post guys, I think this DLC3 plug is aka the OBDII scanner port? I think I've reached that conclusion from futher Googling.

Now if that's the case, I've tried to plug in pin 3 and 13 (which is the same as pin 3 on top and pin 5 on the bottom) and do not see this vsc thing. Instead my AFS OFF keeps blinking.

I have an 04 LS430. Perhaps the location of this TS and CG is different?
Old 09-30-09, 09:09 AM
mukarram20
Driver School Candidate

Ah.. yes.. mine too. My ABS OFF keeps blinking as well. I do not see VSC blinking!

What am I doing wrong?
Old 09-30-09, 05:40 PM
PilotSmith
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikevanle
Sorry about the multiple post guys, I think this DLC3 plug is aka the OBDII scanner port? I think I've reached that conclusion from futher Googling.

Now if that's the case, I've tried to plug in pin 3 and 13 (which is the same as pin 3 on top and pin 5 on the bottom) and do not see this vsc thing. Instead my AFS OFF keeps blinking.

I have an 04 LS430. Perhaps the location of this TS and CG is different?
The DLC3 / OBDII port is located directly under the steering wheel under the dash. There is a black cover over the white port that may hide it. Nothing needs to be taken apart to access it. Just remove the port dust cover and you are there.
Attached Thumbnails Check VSC VSC off-imgp5331.jpg   Check VSC VSC off-port.jpg  
Old 09-30-09, 06:19 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

PilotSmith, yup yea I figured it was that. But the question still remains as to which pin is the CG and TS. CG = common ground, so I'm pretty sure I can hook that up to any ground with a VEERRRYYY long wire if I can't find the pin. Now which one is TS, and what does it stand for?

----------

On another note, I decided instead to just reset the ECU by unplugging the battery for about 30 mins. It got rid of the CHECK VSC error. I'm able to turn on/off traction control. However the damn CHECK VSC came back after about 30 mins of driving. So I guess problem still exists to be fixed.
Old 09-30-09, 07:39 PM
PilotSmith
Driver

You lost me. Why do you want to run a long ground wire? All you need is a 2 or 3 inch piece of wire. The TS pin is on the top , three over from the left. The CG pin is on the bottom, 5 over from the left. Just insert one end of the wire into the TS pin and the other end into the CG pin and turn the ignition to the on position. The VSC light will start to flash soon. A few seconds after it starts flashing just turn off the key and pull out the wire. I followed the directions on the sheet that I posted with the diagram and that worked for me. I also think the car has to be on a level surface when you do that. Like you already found out, if you just unplug the battery the VSC light will come back on after driving a short time. Make sure you use a wire that fits snug in the port terminals so you have a good connection when you jump the two terminals. Don't start running wires into the port at random or running them to a ground if you are not sure what you are doing. If you short something out you could be looking at a very expensive repair.
Old 09-30-09, 08:49 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

What year do you have? I'm running into the same issue as mukarram20 I think. When I jump pin 3 and pin 13 (pin 3 up top and pin 5 on the bottom) I get the AFS OFF blinking.

The only thing I can think of why it wouldn't work for me is that the CG and TS is in diff locations.
Old 09-30-09, 10:15 PM
PilotSmith
Driver

2001 LS430. Perhaps someone can post if the pinout changes for different years...
Old 10-01-09, 11:31 AM
BFOLEY
Driver School Candidate

Can you shut the engine light of this way
Old 10-01-09, 11:33 AM
BFOLEY
Driver School Candidate

I have an 05 and when i try this i get hight high message
Old 10-01-09, 05:17 PM
03 LS 430
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PilotSmith
You lost me. Why do you want to run a long ground wire? All you need is a 2 or 3 inch piece of wire. The TS pin is on the top , three over from the left. The CG pin is on the bottom, 5 over from the left. Just insert one end of the wire into the TS pin and the other end into the CG pin and turn the ignition to the on position. The VSC light will start to flash soon. A few seconds after it starts flashing just turn off the key and pull out the wire. I followed the directions on the sheet that I posted with the diagram and that worked for me. I also think the car has to be on a level surface when you do that. Like you already found out, if you just unplug the battery the VSC light will come back on after driving a short time. Make sure you use a wire that fits snug in the port terminals so you have a good connection when you jump the two terminals. Don't start running wires into the port at random or running them to a ground if you are not sure what you are doing. If you short something out you could be looking at a very expensive repair.
LS OWNERS U R MAKING IT REAL HARD ON UR SELF...REAL SIMPLE AGAIN..TOP..COUNT FROM THE LEFT THREE HOLES INSERT WIRE PAPER CLIP OR WHAT EVER...U WANT TO USE AS A JUMPER..BOTTOM COUNT FIVE FROM THE LEFT AGIAN INSERT.WIRE..TOP IS THIRD HOLE..BOTTOM IS FIVE..JUMP THE TWO..TURN ON CAR DONT START...A.B.S. LIGHT STARTS TO FLASH..AND DISPLAY READS V.S.C. TEST..LEAVE ON FOUR BOUT FIVE TO TEN SECONDS..TURN OFF CAR AND THEN PULL OUT THE JUMPER..START CAR AND DRIVER AROUND THE CORNER NOTHING SHOULD COME BACK ON...THATS WHAT I DID AND THATS WHAT WORKS FOR ME..IF THE A.B.S. LIGHT DOESNT BLINK WHEN U TURN THE CAR ON ..THEN U HAVE NO CONTACT...THATS Y I USED THE PAPER CLIP TO MAKE SURE THERES CONTACT...THANK U GUYS FOR THE POST..IT WORKED FOR ME BY FOOLOWING DIRECTIONS.
Old 10-01-09, 05:22 PM
03 LS 430
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mukarram20
ah.. Yes.. Mine too. My abs off keeps blinking as well. I do not see vsc blinking!

What am i doing wrong?
the v.s.c test should show in the display area..u didit right bout not long enough wait ten seconds.
Old 10-01-09, 05:23 PM
03 LS 430
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bfoley
can you shut the engine light of this way
no pal. U need a scanner..

Quick Reply: Check VSC VSC off