LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

How to tell if LS430 is equpped with Ultra Luxury Package?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-16, 09:32 AM
steelers6
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonRN87
In the UL models ONLY there are 3 switches in the dash panel you are referring to. (The one in front of the shifter) Two are for the air suspension (the 2 on the left) and one for the ECT transmission settings (the one on the right).

In ALL OTHER trim levels (including the rare Sport package equipped models that you asked about) there is only ONE button in this panel. (Which is the ECT transmission setting switch.)

So, to sum up, yes the additional two buttons are unique to the UL trim level cars only. Hope that clarifies things for you and doesn't cause any additional confusion lol.

Also, if you were curious, no the Sport package cannot be combined with the Ultimate Luxury (nor the Custom Luxury) trim level cars.

Oh, and one more thing, welcome to Club Lexus!
From 01-06 which yrs come with air suspension????
Old 08-09-16, 05:37 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

All years did with UL.
Old 08-09-16, 06:52 PM
steelers6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tom57
All years did with UL.
Thanks man,the more and more i research these cars im seeing that all models can have the UL,i saw a 02 with the UL, i know theres a lot of other owners of these cars out there other than the ones on this forum,but this knowledgeable forum is a great starting base as far as FACTS about these cars, and everything ive read about these cars either hear or somewhere else clearly states, the Lexus LS430 2001-2006 is simply one of the very BEST cars EVER made....
Old 08-09-16, 06:56 PM
steelers6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tom57
All years did with UL.
Were there ever any changes in the body styles between 01-06,tweaked the headlights,taillights,etc????
Old 08-09-16, 07:05 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by steelers6
Were there ever any changes in the body styles between 01-06,tweaked the headlights,taillights,etc????
'01 - '03 is the first body style of the 3rd Gen LS. '04 - '06 there were some mid-cycle changes to body, head and tail lights, Generation 4 Nav system, satellite radio ready, etc.
Old 10-28-16, 01:32 PM
Scootymad
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine must be half UL then. I've got the rear centre console controls and cooler box, air purifier, Lexus Premium Sound (dunno if that means Mark Levinson or not), but I don't have adaptive cruise, sat nav, or air suspension
Old 10-31-16, 10:03 AM
TXDJ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootymad
Mine must be half UL then. I've got the rear centre console controls and cooler box, air purifier, Lexus Premium Sound (dunno if that means Mark Levinson or not), but I don't have adaptive cruise, sat nav, or air suspension
I have an 01 UL and I personally wish it didn't have the air suspension. In your case maybe someone modified it in the past?
Old 10-31-16, 09:55 PM
KO21
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootymad
The spelling of the word "centre" might indicate a non-US market vehicle, different country, different amenity package maybe.
Old 10-31-16, 10:51 PM
Scootymad
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Good spotting, yes I live in New Zealand but my LS is a JDM model (not a Celsior). It does have lowering springs in it but the steel spring shocks are factory as there's no controls for air suspension.
Old 08-17-17, 05:04 AM
JWChip
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thequickad
Model Lineup

The 2006 Lexus LS 430 comes in just one trim level ($56,525), and it's loaded with luxury and convenience features. Among them: a power moonroof with auto open/close, a power rear sunshade, and lighted rear-seat vanity mirrors. Leather-trimmed upholstery comes standard, of course.

this is

Several leather upgrades are available, however, including Ecru ($1,460), Black Semi-Aniline ($2,100) and Saddle Comfort Nappa ($2,100); all three require the purchase of an additional upgrade package, and Saddle Comfort Nappa is restricted to models painted Black Onyx or Flint Mica.

The Premium Package ($1,390) adds climate-controlled front seats with fans that circulate heated or chilled air, heated rear seats, and sonar-based Intuitive Parking Assist.

The Modern Luxury Package ($4,980) bundles a Mark Levinson audio system, navigation system, reversing camera, Bluetooth communications technology, climate controlled front seats, heated rear seats, and Intuitive Parking Assist.

The Custom Luxury Selection ($5,935) includes the Mark Levinson audio, navigation system, rear backup camera, Bluetooth, Dynamic Laser Cruise Control, Intuitive Parking Assist, climate-controlled front seats, rear seat heaters, headlamp washers, and power door closers.

The Ultra Luxury Selection ($11,320) features all that plus Adaptive Variable Air Suspension, SmartAccess keyless entry and ignition, and a number of amenities for rear seat passengers, including: sunshades for the rear passenger doors, a rear-seat adjuster with memory, climate-controlled rear seats with a massage feature, and a rear air conditioner with optical deodorizer. The Custom Luxury and Ultra Luxury packages can be paired with the Pre-Collision Safety System, in which case Dynamic Radar Cruise Control is substituted for the laser system.

The Sport Package ($220) combines a handling-tuned suspension with 18-inch wheels and summer tires. The same package with chromed wheels costs a bit more ($1,920).

The LS 430 comes with a 278-horsepower 4.3-liter aluminum V8 and a six-speed automatic transmission. (The same engine was rated 290 horsepower last year, which might lead some consumers to wonder how Lexus let those 12 horses get away. What has in fact happened is that the Society of Automotive Engineers, or SAE, has revised its test procedures for horsepower and torque, and as a result some of the numbers are coming out lower this year. So in fact all the ponies are still in the stable; but the racing commission is counting them differently. There is no change in performance over last year's model as it's the same.)

Interesting - I definitely have the premium package - however I have the 18 rims - but no sport badge ? I had the sport sway bar installed - does this mean I have the sport suspension it notes?
Old 08-17-17, 05:08 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by JWChip
Interesting - I definitely have the premium package - however I have the 18 rims - but no sport badge ? I had the sport sway bar installed - does this mean I have the sport suspension it notes?
I'm not sure where and if it started that 18" rims indicate sport package, it does not, the majority of LS', at least the later ones like '05-'06 have 18" rims which were optional (just look at cars.com)....anyway one can simply call Lexus on the 800# and ask them to email the build sheet, it will show how the car came and the list price, with the factory and port installed options...

for example, this is from mine, option FT

the build sheet is useful to verify that the interior is LA07 / cashmere (although it doesn't really help and doesn't indicate that all the interior parts are ivory)

FT 18" All-Season Tires with Alloy Wheels

edit this here shows that option FT listed for $800

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/lexus/ls430/2006/

I believe that the sport package was a $220 option and maybe required 18" rims, a no-brainer for most of us here, but it was not desired by the typical new LS430 buyer, it might have given the car summer tires. You can also see that this link conflicts as it shows the sport suspension at $800, has a typo as chrome wheels
I think the mid 2000's was a time when car cos. were NOT ripping customers off. BMW would have a sport package at $1400 that people always said was worth it for the seats alone, let alone the external oil cooler, springs, shocks, sway bars, wider rims and staggered summer tires (yep all that for $1400 or so)

I thnk what I'm trying to say is car companies priced these packages as a delta, not trying to sneak fluff in for big $$$$. If the sport package on the LS430 necessitated 18" rims, they required the $800 rims plus an addl' $220 for the sport suspension. Today, they may have 18" rims for $800, and the sport suspension which includes the rims for $2000, burying the cost and increasing the margin, call it F sport or something and throw on badges and maybe some special exterior stuff (like on a RX450h)...

Last edited by Johnhav430; 08-17-17 at 05:41 AM.
Old 05-29-18, 06:18 PM
steelers6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TXDJ
I have an 01 UL and I personally wish it didn't have the air suspension. In your case maybe someone modified it in the past?
Do you know if the LS430's without air suspension ride as good as the ones with air suspension and also is seating just as comfortable??? Thanks in advance...
Old 05-29-18, 07:27 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by steelers6
Do you know if the LS430's without air suspension ride as good as the ones with air suspension and also is seating just as comfortable??? Thanks in advance...
If that were true, why would anybody have bought the UL?
Old 05-29-18, 08:11 PM
steelers6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jayclapp
If that were true, why would anybody have bought the UL?
That was a question I asked,a simple yes or no would've been sufficient,I'm guessing you don't really know...
Old 05-30-18, 06:32 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Plenty of other reasons that people would buy the UL, but the answer in my experience is No. I had one with and one without, the air suspension does change the ride. However, you have to remember that these even at their newest year (2006) they are still 12 years old. So, I'm sure that at this point the ride differences wouldn't be huge if both cars had original suspension and average mileage.

Quick Reply: How to tell if LS430 is equpped with Ultra Luxury Package?