Key Programming 2002 LS430 - Page 3 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Key Programming 2002 LS430

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-09, 10:26 AM   #31
rcpeters
Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California
Posts: 186
Smile In Summary


Lots of info in this thread. I just finished programming my replacement key.
1. Bought it on-line from Remote Supermarket, about 60 bucks.
2. Got the key cut by a local locksmith shop that does auto keys. Cost less than 20 bucks.
3. Followed the instructions provided by the vendor, after a couple failed attempts, finally got it to lock and unlock the doors, but would not allow the car to start.
4. A second set of instructions from the vendor, explained the transponder programmng. That worked, now the key is fully programmed and I am pleased.

rcpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-09, 12:33 PM   #32
et025
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: hi
Posts: 77
Default

wow you had the easiest time yet.

turbotodd - $98 was just for them to program the key?
et025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-09, 03:44 PM   #33
SH212
Dances with goats
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: FL & NY
Posts: 1,235
Default

russ would you care to post those intructions?
SH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 11:07 AM   #34
illumin8n
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ca
Posts: 13
Default

I got a key from ebay for my moms LS430 2004, the dealer programmed it. The only problem is you can't start the ignition without the key in the slot (while with the original key, you can just turn the switch with the key in your pocket and it'll start).

Is this just how thing's work, or did they do something wrong? Maybe the key is screwed up?
illumin8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 02:25 PM   #35
et025
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: hi
Posts: 77
Default

i recently purchased from Remote Supermarket also. Did the same method as LSin75075 and it worked first time for both. I think I saved myself some stress from troubleshooting why it didn't work. Don't give up hope for those experiencing problems.

key shipped was $60
key cutting was $40
first try success priceless.
et025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 05:54 PM   #36
David M
Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 185
Default

To repeat an earlier poster, does it work (and which process) for the 2006 LS430???
Could anyone post a pic of a transponder versus a pic of a remote?

Could I buy a used key off ebay ($20-30) and get it to work? They say the keys are already cut, so does that make them useless for us?

I have one key that looks really, really old but works fine to crank the LS with the key in my pocket but we only got one and no remote thingy like other Toyotas have. Will an ebay key work?
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 06:39 PM   #37
AlexusAnja
Moderator
 
AlexusAnja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NY/NJ
Posts: 4,171
Default Used

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
To repeat an earlier poster, does it work (and which process) for the 2006 LS430???
Could anyone post a pic of a transponder versus a pic of a remote?

Could I buy a used key off ebay ($20-30) and get it to work? They say the keys are already cut, so does that make them useless for us?

I have one key that looks really, really old but works fine to crank the LS with the key in my pocket but we only got one and no remote thingy like other Toyotas have. Will an ebay key work?
Key already cut means it's used and you'd have to get the metal key replaced and cut to make it work for your vehicle. A similiar post is alive now about this and Ebay is buyers beware. The key may not work to be programmed.
AlexusAnja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 10:27 AM   #38
zont
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 5
Default

Dear friends! Maybe somebody can help me with the problem? First of all, sorry for my english.

I have 2001 LS430 for Europe, and only 1 key like a fish :-) In manual named "Smart key". The car can recognize me - the lights on mirrows turns on and in a few seconds the doors opens. But function "Keyless go" does not work, I cannot turn the ignition without inserted key. What is wrong and how to make it work? Thank you.
zont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 08:36 AM   #39
lawls430
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1
Default 2003 LS430 Key and Remote Programming

After several attempts and a review of all the instructions. This is what programmed by key and the remote.

Lexus LS 430

Program transponder:
1. Make sure all doors and windows are closed.
2. Insert Master key into the ignition cylinder.
3. Cycle the ignition cylinder from On to OFF five times.
4. Open and close the driver side door 6 times.
5. Remove the Master Key and insert the new duplicate key.
6. The new key will be registered after 60 seconds. The THEFT light on the dashboard will go out, indicating that programming has been completed.

Note: Steps 3 and 4 were done very quickly( ie. 15 seconds). Slower did not work after numerous attempts.


Programming Remote:
1.Driver door open, other doors closed, no key in ignition
2. Insert and remove key in ignition twice (without turning it on)
3. Close and open drivers side door twice
4. Insert and remove key from ignition
5. Close and open drivers side door twice
6. Insert key in ignition and close driverís door
7. Turn ignition to on then off(once)
8. Remove key. The locks will cycle once
9. Within 1 second after locks cycle - Press lock and unlock on the key at the same time for 2 seconds.
10. W/in 1.5 seconds press lock on the key for one second.
11. To stop programming- Open and close drivers door. Put key in ignition and pull out.
lawls430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-10, 06:20 AM   #40
Druble2
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawls430 View Post
After several attempts and a review of all the instructions. This is what programmed by key and the remote.

Lexus LS 430

Program transponder:
1. Make sure all doors and windows are closed.
2. Insert Master key into the ignition cylinder.
3. Cycle the ignition cylinder from On to OFF five times.
4. Open and close the driver side door 6 times.
5. Remove the Master Key and insert the new duplicate key.
6. The new key will be registered after 60 seconds. The THEFT light on the dashboard will go out, indicating that programming has been completed.

Note: Steps 3 and 4 were done very quickly( ie. 15 seconds). Slower did not work after numerous attempts.


Programming Remote:
1.Driver door open, other doors closed, no key in ignition
2. Insert and remove key in ignition twice (without turning it on)
3. Close and open drivers side door twice
4. Insert and remove key from ignition
5. Close and open drivers side door twice
6. Insert key in ignition and close driverís door
7. Turn ignition to on then off(once)
8. Remove key. The locks will cycle once
9. Within 1 second after locks cycle - Press lock and unlock on the key at the same time for 2 seconds.
10. W/in 1.5 seconds press lock on the key for one second.
11. To stop programming- Open and close drivers door. Put key in ignition and pull out.
The programming instructions posted by LAWLS430 on 6/15/10 worked perfectly for me on the first time for my 2002 LS430.

Thank you,

dB
Druble2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 02:55 PM   #41
damon
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,269
Default

Bought a used Ebay OEM Lexus key for a Pre-2004 model LS430. Sewell charged $15.00 to cut a blank key.

Code was HYQ12BBK
I was originally concerned upon seperating the transponder portion that the interior #s did not match exactly. Tried twice with no success & replaced the battery CR1616 and then the 3rd time with the method below was a charm!

Transponder Procedure:

1. Make sure all doors and windows are closed.
2. Insert Master key into the ignition cylinder.
3. Cycle the ignition cylinder from On to OFF five times.
4. Open and close the driver side door 6 times.
5. Remove the Master Key and insert the new duplicate key (Turn to ON!).
6. The new key will be registered after 60 seconds. The blinking THEFT light on the dashboard will go out, indicating that programming has been completed.

Now to program button functions. Must say this process seems very un-Japanese!!

Last edited by damon; 07-06-11 at 03:12 PM.
damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 06:24 PM   #42
Luke27617
Lead Lap
iTrader: (2)
 
Luke27617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawls430 View Post
After several attempts and a review of all the instructions. This is what programmed by key and the remote.

Lexus LS 430

Program transponder:
1. Make sure all doors and windows are closed.
2. Insert Master key into the ignition cylinder.
3. Cycle the ignition cylinder from On to OFF five times.
4. Open and close the driver side door 6 times.
5. Remove the Master Key and insert the new duplicate key.
6. The new key will be registered after 60 seconds. The THEFT light on the dashboard will go out, indicating that programming has been completed.

Note: Steps 3 and 4 were done very quickly( ie. 15 seconds). Slower did not work after numerous attempts.


Programming Remote:
1.Driver door open, other doors closed, no key in ignition
2. Insert and remove key in ignition twice (without turning it on)
3. Close and open drivers side door twice
4. Insert and remove key from ignition
5. Close and open drivers side door twice
6. Insert key in ignition and close driverís door
7. Turn ignition to on then off(once)
8. Remove key. The locks will cycle once
9. Within 1 second after locks cycle - Press lock and unlock on the key at the same time for 2 seconds.
10. W/in 1.5 seconds press lock on the key for one second.
11. To stop programming- Open and close drivers door. Put key in ignition and pull out.


Need an advice. I just got an 04 LS430. Bought a new key. Was able to cut it, program it to open and close doors, but cannot get it to work to turn on the engine. Security keeps blinking. I have followed about instructions at least 20 times without success.

Any tips anyone can share? Maybe 04 had a different procedures?
Luke27617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 06:44 PM   #43
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict
 
caddyowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,812
Default

If your 04 has smartaccess, it needs to be programmed by the dealer.
caddyowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 07:52 PM   #44
Luke27617
Lead Lap
iTrader: (2)
 
Luke27617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyowner View Post
If your 04 has smartaccess, it needs to be programmed by the dealer.
No it doesn't. It has the regular key with three buttons and chip inside.
Luke27617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-12, 02:15 PM   #45
groomerz
Rookie
 
groomerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Il
Posts: 66
Default

The instructions say on -off. after many attempts tried on-acc and it worked i think something lost in translation i have programmed 2 keys on different occations this way
groomerz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Remote master key programming for LX470 Albqlexus LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1997-2007) 8 08-05-14 08:54 PM
Issue with 1998 Lexus GS400 Key Remote Programming dmwalking GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 3 04-02-14 01:38 PM
SC430 Key Programming Issue: Too many? scdroptop SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010) 7 09-11-06 09:06 AM
Key Rumors justinh RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) 5 01-10-06 11:08 AM
Programing Master Key SC430 easyrider SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010) 3 12-07-05 02:04 PM


Tags
2002, cl55, club, duplicate, key, lexus, light, ls430, manual, program, programed, programming, remote, repair, rx300, security, sl500

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved