LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Lowering 2004 LS430 Ultra

Old 08-03-05, 01:27 PM
sp85800
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering 2004 LS430 Ultra

Hello fellow CL members, I have a 2004 LS430 Ultra with air suspension. I am very happy with the ride I get on the 17's. However I notice the gap in the wheel welds for the back and front are drastically different. The rear wheels sit nicely in the back, but the front has a substantial gap. About 4 fingers in height. Many people suggest that I get an Air Ride Controller, like the one listed below:

Air Ride Controller

I am not interested in this because I am worried about voiding my warranty.

I know that there must be a way to do this and I would greatly appreciate any assistance that anyone could provide.

Thank you
Old 08-04-05, 12:57 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont want to sound retarded but have you thought about getting bigger rims? It would fill up the gap, and 17's are super small get some 20's
Old 08-07-05, 06:35 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

20's will fill the wheel well more but raise the car and still have that gap. Id go with the AR controller.
Old 08-22-05, 06:50 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sp85800
Hello fellow CL members, I have a 2004 LS430 Ultra with air suspension. I am very happy with the ride I get on the 17's. However I notice the gap in the wheel welds for the back and front are drastically different. The rear wheels sit nicely in the back, but the front has a substantial gap. About 4 fingers in height. Many people suggest that I get an Air Ride Controller, like the one listed below:

Air Ride Controller

I know that there must be a way to do this and I would greatly appreciate any assistance that anyone could provide.

Thank you

dont mess with the suspension in this car.19 inches will suffice. the gap in the front is there for a reason.
Old 08-22-05, 09:43 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by digital_b
dont mess with the suspension in this car.19 inches will suffice. the gap in the front is there for a reason.
Its honestly more a personal opinion regarding suspension and front gap. I personally cannot take that nose up, tail down look so I understand the original poster.

SP - Carson Toyota can provide the air ride controller for a decent price and the installation can be fully reversed which means you warranty can stay in tact.

The 19s with fat setup are a perfect all around choice for the Celsior, but IMO lowering is a must.

Here are some pics of a 2002 model with 19s and no lowering that we did for a client, make your own aesthetic judgement.

Good luck with your ultimate choice

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175954
Old 08-22-05, 09:55 PM
IS0LD0UT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Its honestly more a personal opinion regarding suspension and front gap. I personally cannot take that nose up, tail down look so I understand the original poster.

SP - Carson Toyota can provide the air ride controller for a decent price and the installation can be fully reversed which means you warranty can stay in tact.

The 19s with fat setup are a perfect all around choice for the Celsior, but IMO lowering is a must.

Here are some pics of a 2002 model with 19s and no lowering that we did for a client, make your own aesthetic judgement.

Good luck with your ultimate choice

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175954
That needs to be slammed
Old 08-23-05, 01:52 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If u don't want to hot wire the air suspension control unit to ur air suspension struts....u can always go for coilovers......like TEIN CS setup

I think the LS430 really sits up too high......it needs a 2-inch drop at least
It'll look totally different

Please excuse my friend
Old 09-30-05, 04:00 PM
Celsius
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, how is this AR controller installed?
Old 10-06-05, 04:54 PM
solarea100
Rookie

Originally Posted by sp85800

Air Ride Controller

Thank you
Did you ever get this done? How difficult is the install?
Old 10-27-05, 11:50 AM
Rocman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by solarea100
Did you ever get this done? How difficult is the install?
I am currently having a nightmare with it. I got my kit, and took apart the whole passenger side like instructed. None of the Harnesses would fit. So I contact the supplier, and my car sits for almost 5 months. I got the new harness and it is the same one.
Now, I can understand one time, but the second time means there is something going on.
I said to myself, what the hell, and I took apart the drivers side and looky, looky, I found the harness that works. So I put it all together and now my Nav screen does not work. AARRGGHH!!!! I am going to go buy another battery because mine is dying from all this fooling around. I could not get that damn thing to work right either, but I will try. I have come this far already.
Old 10-27-05, 12:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocman
I am currently having a nightmare with it. I got my kit, and took apart the whole passenger side like instructed. None of the Harnesses would fit. So I contact the supplier, and my car sits for almost 5 months. I got the new harness and it is the same one.
Now, I can understand one time, but the second time means there is something going on.
I said to myself, what the hell, and I took apart the drivers side and looky, looky, I found the harness that works. So I put it all together and now my Nav screen does not work. AARRGGHH!!!! I am going to go buy another battery because mine is dying from all this fooling around. I could not get that damn thing to work right either, but I will try. I have come this far already.
man sounds like a big pain.... maybe i should just get coilovers...
Old 10-27-05, 01:20 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Lets play a fun game... find the difference between the two above posts
Old 10-27-05, 03:06 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Well, I checked all my fuses and the Nav screen will not power up. So I have disconnected the harness and sending to the dealer. Man, this sux!
Old 10-30-05, 01:21 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

you think maybe now you will listen to my advice? leave the damn height alone. you cant change it and you can only mess up your car. the air ride is adjustable from the cockpit and automatically at 60mph. if you dont like the stock air ride set up then buy an ls without it. it will save you a lot of misery.
Old 10-31-05, 12:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i would probably just get the tein cs myself

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lowering 2004 LS430 Ultra