LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Help!!! (what does the UL package have)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-05, 05:43 AM
jlhornbe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! (what does the UL package have)

I need a car ASAP, and have been looking for a 2001-2002 LS430 for 6 months. I have one available from the dealer, came in yesterday off a lease. 2002 BLk/Blkn44K Ultra Luxury, to me for 39,900 + tags etc. It seems too good to be true!!! Big question is what does the 2002 UL package consist of?
Old 03-05-05, 06:05 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

JL,

Welcome to ClubLexus! I'm moving your post to the LS430 sub forum.

There is a model library on the Lexus site that is mostly accurate that should tell you what you want to know.

http://www.lexus.com/cpo/model_detail/ls/430/2002.html
Ultra Luxury Selection

- Mark Levinson® 11-speaker 240-watt[4] Premium Sound System
- Lexus DVD Navigation System[5]
- Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel with voice-command button
- Front climate-control seats with heat and cool ****
- Lexus Link
- Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close, pinch protection and sliding sunshade
- Dynamic Laser Cruise Control[6]
- Adaptive Variable Air Suspension
- Heated rear seats with power recline and massager
- Intuitive Parking Assist System
- Perforated aniline leather-trimmed seating surfaces (comfort leather trim for Ecru)
- Rear air conditioner with air filter
- Rear-seat audio controls
- Laminated side glass
- Power rear and manual rear-door window sunshades
- Door closers
Old 03-05-05, 11:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

interesting, i don't see the rear fridge?
Old 03-05-05, 01:21 PM
jlhornbe
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Dave! I went down and checked it out. Needless to say, in a couple of hours I had become a proud owner of a 2002 LS430, 42,700 miles. It is being CPOed now, and has everything listed and then some (yes the refrigerator is there!)

Once I have it in my driveway I will release the details, but I got it at Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria VA. The folks were great, and we took care of business professionally and painlessly!
Old 03-05-05, 10:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by jlhornbe
Thanks Dave! I went down and checked it out. Needless to say, in a couple of hours I had become a proud owner of a 2002 LS430, 42,700 miles. It is being CPOed now, and has everything listed and then some (yes the refrigerator is there!)

Once I have it in my driveway I will release the details, but I got it at Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria VA. The folks were great, and we took care of business professionally and painlessly!
congrats on your new car. it's an amazing car and i am sure you will love it
Old 03-11-05, 08:21 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Well?

Originally Posted by jlhornbe

Waiting on the details... Get out your camera and post some pics. We'd all like to see your new ride.
Old 03-11-05, 10:17 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
interesting, i don't see the rear fridge?

It has it, in rear center!!
Not a fridge tho.. only a cooler
Old 03-11-05, 02:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by blacksc400
It has it, in rear center!!
Not a fridge tho.. only a cooler
yeah i know it has it. i was wondering why it's not in the UL list that davegs4 posted up
Old 03-14-05, 11:18 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Default Cooler

I think Lexus might have intentionally left this item off the list because it is a useless piece of crap. Sorry for my boldness... I found out that the air coming from the A/C unit is diverted into the so-called cooler box. Well, if you have the a/c set on 82 degrees, the contents in the box will get the same air. I took some drinks out of my house fridge and put them into the cooler box. After two hours of highway driving, I stopped to get a drink... they were room temperature. What good is that?

Old 03-14-05, 12:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by DDLexus
I think Lexus might have intentionally left this item off the list because it is a useless piece of crap. Sorry for my boldness... I found out that the air coming from the A/C unit is diverted into the so-called cooler box. Well, if you have the a/c set on 82 degrees, the contents in the box will get the same air. I took some drinks out of my house fridge and put them into the cooler box. After two hours of highway driving, I stopped to get a drink... they were room temperature. What good is that?

haha really? that's how it works? weird coz' it doesn't make much sense then. what's the difference than just putting the drink say on the rear seat floor?
Old 03-14-05, 01:33 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

yeah i know it has it. i was wondering why it's not in the UL list that davegs4 posted up

sorry about it...
well, it is a useless crap, but added some cool factor
Old 03-16-05, 01:30 PM
cschow
Rookie

haha really? that's how it works? weird coz' it doesn't make much sense then. what's the difference than just putting the drink say on the rear seat floor?
The difference is that you get to put the drinks in a compartment instead of the floor, and there is a little bit of insulation so that the drinks do stay cooler than they would if you had placed them on the rear floor. But yes, it would have been much nicer if it was an actual frig instead of a box which can receive cold air from the rear air conditioner.
Old 03-16-05, 01:52 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

well, even if it had a real fridge, it is too power consuming. It really don't make any sense. tho..
Old 03-16-05, 09:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by cschow
The difference is that you get to put the drinks in a compartment instead of the floor, and there is a little bit of insulation so that the drinks do stay cooler than they would if you had placed them on the rear floor. But yes, it would have been much nicer if it was an actual frig instead of a box which can receive cold air from the rear air conditioner.
very interesting. so basically that's just a air circulated insulated cooler huh?
Old 03-17-05, 06:08 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Default Yup

rominl,
That's how I see it too. I told the people at Lexus about my disappointment and they were supprised that the temperature wasn't kept well below the circulated air temperature. Since there is an opening in the cooler box to allow air in there, my only logical assumption is that the air is the SAME as the A/C or HEAT air. Have you ever tried to drink a 77 degree Coke? It burns the crap outta your throat. Soft drinks just aren't good things to bring along on a trip if you plan to use the cooler box. Water?... I guess... But honestly, what type of drink would want to drink that is room temperature?

Quick Reply: Help!!! (what does the UL package have)