LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

+2004 LS and Smart Access

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-05, 06:25 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default +2004 LS and Smart Access

Doesnt the 2004+ have Smart access like the new 06 GS? Also does it let you start the car with the key being in your pocket?
Old 03-03-05, 06:31 PM
ffitzgerald
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart Access

Starting in Dec 2003 the only 2004 LS 430 cars brought in all had Smart Access..
Old 03-03-05, 07:51 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it on my 2005 LS. It doesn't always work well, but from what Longo tells me I need to bring it back in to get it checked out.

Some times, while driving, the car starts beeping telling me that the key can't be detected...and some times....no matter what I do it doesn't stop, unless I turn the car off and restart it. But this has only happend a few times since I got the car.
Old 03-03-05, 07:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by GammaLex
Doesnt the 2004+ have Smart access like the new 06 GS? Also does it let you start the car with the key being in your pocket?
yup, all 04+ come with smart access. the ls430 was the first one. the new gs is just following
Old 03-04-05, 08:22 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
yup, all 04+ come with smart access. the ls430 was the first one. the new gs is just following
The Smart Access was "available" from 2004 in the LS. It was a $1000 option in '04 and is now part of an option package;, not standard.
Old 03-04-05, 09:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by lkirchner
The Smart Access was "available" from 2004 in the LS. It was a $1000 option in '04 and is now part of an option package;, not standard.
umm, so there there are 04 ls430 still using the normal keys? interesting, haven't seen it so far yet
Old 03-04-05, 05:01 PM
pvo
Lead Lap

umm, so there there are 04 ls430 still using the normal keys? interesting, haven't seen it so far yet
My car is one of those.
Old 03-04-05, 06:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by pvo
My car is one of those.
ah gotcha. sorry about that, wrong info from my side
Old 03-04-05, 08:13 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So with that option it had a push button start or the usual ignition that can be used without a key?
Old 03-04-05, 09:28 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

So with that option it had a push button start or the usual ignition that can be used without a key?
Its the ignition without the key set up. Wish it was a push button option though.
Old 03-05-05, 07:46 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OGS
Its the ignition without the key set up. Wish it was a push button option though.
You are right. The Lexus has the ignition start and it makes you wonder what's the big deal. My SL 55 has the push button start on the shift **** and it is truly trick.
The one thing that I do not care for on the Lex is that without the key on your person you cannot open the trunk from the outside. You have 2 choices; get the key or go to the inside of the car and open it from there. Is this a program change or another clumsy design like not being able to change a route on the nav when in motion?
Old 03-05-05, 11:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

like others have said it's not push button, but it's just you don't need to kep to turn the ignition
Old 03-05-05, 11:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

You are right. The Lexus has the ignition start and it makes you wonder what's the big deal. My SL 55 has the push button start on the shift **** and it is truly trick.
The one thing that I do not care for on the Lex is that without the key on your person you cannot open the trunk from the outside. You have 2 choices; get the key or go to the inside of the car and open it from there. Is this a program change or another clumsy design like not being able to change a route on the nav when in motion?
umm..... i am only curious (not to challenge you). if you are outside the car, you better have the key wth you, so opening trunk shouldn't be a problem. if you are inside the car, then you can just hit the trunk open botton.

why would you be outisde the car wanting to open the trunk but don't have the key?

again i am just curious what the scenario would be. i will get the ls430 / new gs one day, so might as well know them
Old 03-05-05, 01:38 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

umm..... i am only curious (not to challenge you). if you are outside the car, you better have the key wth you, so opening trunk shouldn't be a problem. if you are inside the car, then you can just hit the trunk open botton.

why would you be outisde the car wanting to open the trunk but don't have the key?

again i am just curious what the scenario would be. i will get the ls430 / new gs one day, so might as well know them
If you are in the garage as an example washing, waxing, etc and have no intention on moving the car you must carry the key. Or I just did I went to the garage to retrieve something from the trunk; had to go back to get the key. I know it's minor but it is truly a pain.

Boy am I getting spoiled :
Old 03-05-05, 10:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

If you are in the garage as an example washing, waxing, etc and have no intention on moving the car you must carry the key. Or I just did I went to the garage to retrieve something from the trunk; had to go back to get the key. I know it's minor but it is truly a pain.

Boy am I getting spoiled :
ah gotcha. so even if the key is inside the car say in the cup holder, you can't open up the trunk from outside?

Quick Reply: +2004 LS and Smart Access