LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

2005 question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-04, 12:29 PM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 question?

Looking to get into a 2005 LS430 with the ultra luxury package. Really like the crystal white, what are my interior choices for that color. Does lexus offer a white on black with any specific package. Seems like im getting different answers from lexus website and my dealer. Also want the 18" 5 spoke sport wheels can i get them with the UL?

Last edited by DeniskaGS4; 09-13-04 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-13-04, 12:48 PM
XZLR8
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking at an '05 as well. The information that I am getting is that any LS is available with the 18" 5-spoke "Sport Design" wheel, either chromed or polished. I'm still trying to get a definite answer on whether there is a different 18" wheel option availble for the '05 ETS package, but there doesn't seem to be at this point. It's odd that there would be basically one wheel for the entire model, I think...

I downloaded the PDF file from the Lexus website for the '05 model year. It states that Crystal White may have Cashmere, Ash, Black, Ecru or Saddle Leather.
Old 09-13-04, 01:09 PM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Originally posted by XZLR8
I'm looking at an '05 as well. The information that I am getting is that any LS is available with the 18" 5-spoke "Sport Design" wheel, either chromed or polished. I'm still trying to get a definite answer on whether there is a different 18" wheel option availble for the '05 ETS package, but there doesn't seem to be at this point. It's odd that there would be basically one wheel for the entire model, I think...

I downloaded the PDF file from the Lexus website for the '05 model year. It states that Crystal White may have Cashmere, Ash, Black, Ecru or Saddle Leather.
Why is my dealer giving me the wrong infomraiton then? grrr.. Can someone confirm that I can get a crystal white UL with Black leather?
Old 09-13-04, 01:35 PM
XZLR8
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DeniskaGS4
Why is my dealer giving me the wrong infomraiton then? grrr.. Can someone confirm that I can get a crystal white UL with Black leather?
I'm just telling you what the Lexus PDF file says, so I would of course encourage you to confirm it elsewhere as you are doing. What MAY be the confusion though is that is does state that the Ecru and Saddle colors REQUIRE the UL package, whereas the others do not. I take that to mean that you cannot get Saddle interior without getting the UL package. Perhaps a dealer is reading that to mean that ONLY those two colors are available with the UL package? (I think I have just confused this even more!) I'm just guessing, obviously....

Go to the Lexus website and click on "Brochures" in the LS section, then download the PDF file. Page 15 is the color selection chart. Show that to your dealer and ask them why it's different from what they are telling you.

Best of luck.
Old 09-13-04, 01:39 PM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Originally posted by XZLR8
I'm just telling you what the Lexus PDF file says, so I would of course encourage you to confirm it elsewhere as you are doing. What MAY be the confusion though is that is does state that the Ecru and Saddle colors REQUIRE the UL package, whereas the others do not. I take that to mean that you cannot get Saddle interior without getting the UL package. Perhaps a dealer is reading that to mean that ONLY those two colors are available with the UL package? (I think I have just confused this even more!) I'm just guessing, obviously....

Go to the Lexus website and click on "Brochures" in the LS section, then download the PDF file. Page 15 is the color selection chart. Show that to your dealer and ask them why it's different from what they are telling you.

Best of luck.
Thanks for your help... Anyone in the forum have a white/black white/sadle ls and can post some pics.. I wanted this combo on my sc430 but it was not avialable for 2003. I had the ecru on my white gs400 and the interior was hard to keep clean.
Old 09-13-04, 02:34 PM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

You can also "build you own" car on Lexus' website for the 2005 models.

Mike
Old 09-14-04, 04:52 PM
houstonnw
Rookie

For 2004 the UL or CL package required the Nappa or Analine leather. For a Crystal White exterior you could only get Ecru or Saddle.

Sorry I can't post a pic but I've seen the Saddle interionr in a LS and it is overwhelming. A lot of baseball glove orange, with everything else black - dash, carpets, doors, etc.

The Ecru is not available without the leather upgrade IIRC.

I just checked the Lexus "build your own" and they confirmed that UL/Crystal White can only get Ecru or Saddle.

I have a 2004 Crystal White/Ecru and have just assumed that I have a new "hobby" of keeping the interior clean!
Old 09-14-04, 05:42 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Maybe the issue with limited colors is the perferations from the air conditioned seats. Maybey they do not perforate all the other colors??
Old 09-14-04, 05:46 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

The air conditioned seats come on every LS430. The color selections are due to your Ultra Luxury choice. And in California we only get it in Crystal White/Ecru. Once I saw a Saddle interior and it is indeed, ahem..overwhelming.
Old 09-14-04, 06:45 PM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

I was able to find a white on sadle photo on auto trader.. My initial choice was white on black but sadle is growing on me.. sorta reminds me of the designo interior on the mercedes..

Looks like the choices are White/Sadle if I want the UL or White/Back with CL.. its too bad you can only get the air suspention with the UL. From my understanding the ls comes with regular,air,sport suspentions whats the difference between them?

Last edited by DeniskaGS4; 09-14-04 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-14-04, 09:41 PM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Originally posted by Longo Lexus
The air conditioned seats come on every LS430. The color selections are due to your Ultra Luxury choice. And in California we only get it in Crystal White/Ecru. Once I saw a Saddle interior and it is indeed, ahem..overwhelming.
Why is ecru the only color choice for white in CA? is it the same in ny/nj? Seems like ecru & sadle are the only two choices for the ultra luxury no matter what exterior.. I wonder why black is no longer an option on the UL?

Last edited by DeniskaGS4; 09-14-04 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-14-04, 09:54 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

U can always custom built one and takes 4 months to get here i think.
I found a brand new 2004 GS430 parchment white with black interior...............that's the most beautiful GS i've ever seen.
Old 09-14-04, 10:49 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally posted by DeniskaGS4
Why is ecru the only color choice for white in CA? is it the same in ny/nj? Seems like ecru & sadle are the only two choices for the ultra luxury no matter what exterior.. I wonder why black is no longer an option on the UL?
Probably because it's what the majority wants in Southern Califonia. The black is still available here, but only with certain exteriors..like Black for example. Check with your local dealer and ask them to check their "Production Report". It might be different there. And like Lonely Toothbrush said, you MIGHT be able to special order, but it does take at least 3 months. Also, you might have to pay a little more as opposed to taking what the dealer has in stock. If you ask your local dealer, I'm sure they'd be happy to work with you on getting what you want.
Old 09-18-04, 12:21 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so if you can afford an ultra what is the big deal about special ordering? on benzes it costs 1000 dollars extra if you do it with an s class and thats less than it was 3 years ago when they charged 1000 for EACH part of your special order.

Last edited by OneOfOne; 09-18-04 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-19-04, 03:26 PM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Test drove the Audi A8L and the LS430, the choice was clear. Drove an 04 UL and liked it right away. Dealer will try to locate a White/Sadle UL for me. Black interior is not an option on the UL. Did not get a clear answer if the 05 will have the 18" 5 spoke wheels?

Last edited by DeniskaGS4; 09-19-04 at 03:27 PM.

Quick Reply: 2005 question?