LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Lower 2001 LS430 with air suspension???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-04, 07:47 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Question Lower 2001 LS430 with air suspension???

How can u do it? Or it's not even possible......
Old 04-13-04, 09:04 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Lower 2001 LS430 with air suspension???

Originally posted by Lonely Toothbrush
How can u do it? Or it's not even possible......
YES ! !
Old 04-13-04, 09:15 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It might be possible with an air suspension controller from Japan. You should ask {-.-} about it.
Old 04-14-04, 01:55 AM
Higuma
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

L/T -

My 1996 Celsior with Air Suspension is lowered by using the factory adjusters as opposed to an air controller...

The controller is worth about $ 400 usd... and then you'll likely need a electrical harness as well for another $ 100 or so...

I will post a link later if no one else does first....

With mine I simply adjusted the air suspension level arms till I got what I wanted...

Here's the end result... no expensive electronics...
Attached Thumbnails Lower 2001 LS430 with air suspension???-car-height-record.jpg  

Last edited by Higuma; 04-14-04 at 01:59 AM.
Old 04-14-04, 01:59 AM
Higuma
Driver

Default That being said..

That being said - if I want to adjust it up before winter I have to crawl under the car with wrenches or run it at high height which raises the car about 3cm total....

With the controller you can adjust the height from in the car... With the newer UCF 31s and the higher end controller you can dial in firmness, lowering at speed and a few other things I think...

Cheers,
Old 04-14-04, 11:06 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

How's the ride with air ride controller? Stiffer or softer? I can't do coilovers?
Old 04-14-04, 11:18 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Also, how low can the air ride controller go?
Old 04-15-04, 08:31 PM
Lvangundy

Nice wheel choice..
Old 04-16-04, 02:09 AM
Higuma
Driver

I believe that the new AS air controller (old model is 664) will also adjust damping as well if you have the sport or regular switch on the car... I will look at a magazine tonight and post a url for a site...

The air controller will allow you to go right down to the bottom of the shocks or right up to the top I believe...
Old 04-18-04, 05:48 PM
Higuma
Driver

Default Here's the link..

Here's the link for the suspension controller... it translates not too bad with babel fish...

http://www.datasystem.co.jp/catalog/ase/ase.html

Cheers,
Old 02-13-05, 01:18 AM
SMC
Rookie

I lowered my 2001 UL by adjusting the sensor! It looks gorgeous! I can feel the ride being firming, seriously it's not just me. I had my brother driving the car and he confirms that it feels the same as his GS430 with Tien CS. In summary, I love it. I can get the stock heigh be hitting the height button in the center console. For those who are slamming the ride with the same method, what are your thoughts?

Also, a question, for this kind of lowering (through the factory sensor adjustment) does the alignment need to be performed again?

Thanks

SMC
01 UL
94 Supra TT6
Old 02-13-05, 05:42 AM
Smoothride
Rookie

Default Easy to do

Look for a Group Buy in the vendors section, even though it's over, there is lots of info there. I just bought my R-Spec 680 controller for my 02 LS430 and installed it yesterday, I still need to reassemble the glove box. It will do exactly what you want it to for about $700 plus another $50 for the wiring harness. Get with Steve Ganz (SupraTRD here on the board) from carson toyota and he'll hook you up. Also look for a post from IS Pilot about ride controller installed, there's all the info that you need, good luck.

Yes you'll definitely want to do an alignment, camber increases as you go down and you'll wear the inside of your tires.
Old 02-13-05, 09:09 AM
SMC
Rookie

Default Does lowering decrease the lifetime of air suspension

Thanks for the info Smoothride. I read from anther thread that lowering the air suspension increases the stress on the air suspension and decrease the life expectancy of the shock.

For those who have lowered, how many miles have you driven your car for? Any problems?

Thanks

SMC
94TT6
Old 02-13-05, 11:59 AM
Smoothride
Rookie

I've lowered mine with one of the controlers and it hasn't hurt my suspension any, but I've only driven 14 miles . I really don't see how it would hurt the air part of the suspension too much, about the only thing that I'd be worried is if you drive around on very low settings and always bottom out the suspension, that is bad for everything, especially the wheel bearings, they are taking quite a beatings as does everything also in the system. I'm not worried about anything, except figuring out how to really use the controller, the directions are in Japanese
Old 02-15-05, 10:57 AM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SMC
I lowered my 2001 UL by adjusting the sensor! It looks gorgeous! I can feel the ride being firming, seriously it's not just me. I had my brother driving the car and he confirms that it feels the same as his GS430 with Tien CS. In summary, I love it. I can get the stock heigh be hitting the height button in the center console. For those who are slamming the ride with the same method, what are your thoughts?

Also, a question, for this kind of lowering (through the factory sensor adjustment) does the alignment need to be performed again?

Thanks

SMC
01 UL
94 Supra TT6
What exactly do you mean.. by adjusting the sensor??

Quick Reply: Lower 2001 LS430 with air suspension???