LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Lower 2001 LS430 with air suspension???

Old 02-15-05, 12:52 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I asked before too!! Who is going to do the install???? Is it DIY!
I want one for my UL too!
Old 02-15-05, 08:41 PM
Smoothride
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy

BlackSC400

Installation is not that hard, if you have ever gave a car a tune up or installed a radio, you can do it, give me a call and I can walk you through it. I also have figured out all of the buttons out, so I can tell you haow to adjust it also (the directions are in Japanese).

Deniska,

Yes, always do an alignment after you lower, or raise a car, it will affect you camber, caster and toe-in. I always pick my own specs and have the tech. hit them on the mark.

By the way, my car looks really good dropped, the nice thing about the controller is business during the week, party during the weekend, kinda like a mullet
Old 02-16-05, 12:21 AM
SMC
Rookie

Default Lowering without the controller

For air suspension only! For those who do not want to shell out cash for the controller...

You can lower the car by adjusting the height control sensor and acceleration sensor. I'm guessing this is how the dealer adjusts the height of the car as well. There is one height sensors per wheel. You do not even have to take out the wheels, BUT DO PUT THE CAR ON JACK STAND WHILE YOU ARE ADJUSTING THE SENSOR UNDER THE CAR. 4000lb of metal smached on human skull is not a pretty picture.

Basically, for the first timer, it's easier to locate the sensor by taking out the front wheel, and looking for a thin rod attached to an arm and a wire connector. The both end of the thin rod will have nuts tightening it. By losening the nuts, you can shorten or lengthen the rod. By shorten it, you will lower the car. The rear is easier to locate from the back of the car, it's only done by one flower shaped nut. Same principal!

Again, JACK UP THE CAR WHEN YOU ARE UNDER IT!!! Not sure if the air suspension pump works when the car is off, but it definitely does when the car is on! You do not want the pump to be working when you are adjusting the height sensor under the car, again, if caution is not taken, this will be the biggest mistake you make in your entire life.

SMC
Old 02-16-05, 01:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

question

http://www.tein.com/lexus.html

if you look down, for the ls430, it says that the tein cs will fit even with the air suspension. does that mean the system will fit no problem?
Old 02-16-05, 10:53 AM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SMC
For air suspension only! For those who do not want to shell out cash for the controller...

You can lower the car by adjusting the height control sensor and acceleration sensor. I'm guessing this is how the dealer adjusts the height of the car as well. There is one height sensors per wheel. You do not even have to take out the wheels, BUT DO PUT THE CAR ON JACK STAND WHILE YOU ARE ADJUSTING THE SENSOR UNDER THE CAR. 4000lb of metal smached on human skull is not a pretty picture.

Basically, for the first timer, it's easier to locate the sensor by taking out the front wheel, and looking for a thin rod attached to an arm and a wire connector. The both end of the thin rod will have nuts tightening it. By losening the nuts, you can shorten or lengthen the rod. By shorten it, you will lower the car. The rear is easier to locate from the back of the car, it's only done by one flower shaped nut. Same principal!

Again, JACK UP THE CAR WHEN YOU ARE UNDER IT!!! Not sure if the air suspension pump works when the car is off, but it definitely does when the car is on! You do not want the pump to be working when you are adjusting the height sensor under the car, again, if caution is not taken, this will be the biggest mistake you make in your entire life.

SMC
So what happens to the Hight & Sport buttons ? do they still function? have you lowered your car via this method?
Old 02-16-05, 10:52 PM
SMC
Rookie

The height button raises the car back to pretty much stock normal height! Air Suspension is
B E A uuutiful!

The sport suspension mode still works, makes the car even sportier if the car is lowered. I've not found a use for it since the lowered car setting drives like my brother's GS430 with Tien already.

Rominl, interesting find for Tien. I'm not certain if there's a use for Tien with air suspension if the AS is working like this. One guess is that maybe lowering the car with this modification is bad for the air suspension. Anyone else lowered AS as described? What's your experience with it? How many miles have you driven with it lowered? Any prematured damage that one should expect?
Old 01-24-06, 12:15 AM
KuroLS
Driver School Candidate

do you have any info on it...how to use it and how low does it go...i have it installed in my LS and i cant get the front to sit on the tires like the back, the lowest i got the front is about lil lower than an inch above my 19's on 35series stretched...
Old 01-24-06, 04:30 AM
lnguyenh
Pole Position

Forgive me for a dumb question but how do I know if my car has air suspension or not? Is it standard or optional on these cars? Thanks
Old 01-24-06, 09:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by lnguyenh
Forgive me for a dumb question but how do I know if my car has air suspension or not? Is it standard or optional on these cars? Thanks
if you have ultra edition, then you do
Old 09-23-07, 08:55 AM
SMC
Rookie

In short, the answer is yes!