LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Buying a new 2004 LS430

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-04, 05:20 PM
AggieLS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Hooked

Spent this afternoon at closest dealer test driving the LS430 and I have taken the hook, line and sinker all the way in. Now to decide on package. I don't think the Ultra is for me as my 13 and 11 yr olds would just play all day with it. The premium doesn't offer the ML so that is out as well so I am between the Custom or the Modern. Seems that the $2k plus difference isn't really worth it to go up the Custom luxury but I'd like some other opinions please.

Dealer was saying they sell which ever they have on the lot and folks seem to take the one they have between the two. Thoughts???
Old 03-20-04, 10:11 PM
alantlo
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by lexer
Wow, alantlo, you got a great deal on your LS430. I am looking ofr teh LS430 also. I have a 2001 LS430 and want another one now. Don't mentin the price I bought teh 2001. It was the window price at that time. So far, the best price I found is FleetRates.com. They are in S. CA. Their price is slightly higher than yours. Which dealer you bought yours?
Longo. Ask for Steve Li and tell him I sent you.
Old 03-21-04, 07:18 PM
EdSpider
Driver School Candidate

Default Hooked: What Trim

I have the 01 Ultra and will pick up my 04 Ultra soon. You're are correct, teenagers LOVE those back seat buttons. But so do grown-ups! But to answer your question...

I'd make your decision this way. If laser cruise is important than you have to get custom. But if it's not, make your choice based on what interior leather & wood you like best. For example, if you really like ash (light grey) - you'll get a modern. If you really like the antique walnut, you'll get the custom.
Old 03-22-04, 06:42 AM
AggieLS
Pole Position

Default Ed Spider

That really does seem to be the deciding point between the two packages - interior colors & leather. Shame that it is but that's ok as I think I am going to go with the Custom afterall and I am sure I will find time to use the laser cruise control on the interstate.
Old 03-22-04, 06:47 AM
EdSpider
Driver School Candidate

Default What Color

Good choice. The custom also power door closers. I never tire of showing them off. But I have to know. What color combo do you want? I noticed you're in Illinois like me. I ordered my car in December and hope to see it in April.
Old 03-22-04, 01:04 PM
lexer
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks.

Hi alatlo,

Thanks for teh dealer info. That dealer is the exact one I thought you bought it from since I heard it is teh biggest Lexus dealer in LA. I will check it out.
Old 03-22-04, 03:30 PM
AggieLS
Pole Position

Default EdSpider

I'm thinking of going with the Crystal White or Moonbeam Pearl with the Ecru which is one of the reasons for my package indecision of Custom vs Modern since Ecru is only in the Custom or Ultra. I've had my '98 GS300 in the Silver & Ash since buying new the early after it's introduction and thought I'd want the same color again until I saw the Ash interior in person on Saturday on the LS - I just don't like it that well. Am a little concerned about the light color interior with 11 and 13 yr old but guess it wpould just need more tender care and detailing.

I also may go Black with black but that would be real change for me as I've never in my life had a black interior on my 18 different cars. I really like the way the black exterior looks and since I wash weekly I am not too concerned about it being dirty all the time.
Old 03-22-04, 03:43 PM
EdSpider
Driver School Candidate

Default Moonbeam

I like Ecru a lot, but I'm told it soils easily and shows wear. My 01 was silver with black interior. You might like the 04's black interior. It looks very warm and rich. And you'd be getting the burned walnut wood in Custom. The black edges of the wood sort of run into the leather for a very elegant look. Be sure to ask to see one.

I had a black paint on a MB. NEVER again. You can't make it home from the car wash before needing another wash. It shows swirls after waxing. Just a pain.

For my 04, I choose the black/walnut interior with flint mica (gun metal grey). The grey won't be as high maintenance as black.
Old 03-23-04, 05:55 AM
AggieLS
Pole Position

Default Flint Mica

We saw an RX with the Flint Mica and weren't attracted to it, seemed to have a bluish tint although seeing the web site and color samples before hand I thought we would.

I am going into Chicago this next week and will try to spend a day visiting dealers and trying to see all the different colors in person that I can before finalizing a color selection.
Old 03-23-04, 05:32 PM
fe2
Driver School Candidate

A friend purchased a 2004 LS430 for around $3500 over invoice + the stupid advertising fee ($400-500 I believe). It was for the Premium Package, not Ultra Luxury. I hope to review it soon.
Old 03-26-04, 09:04 AM
twnmango
Driver School Candidate

Tks for all the reply. I'm still having trouble locating a Flint Mica / Blk Interior with Modern Pkg & Sports Pkg.

I may have to go with my 2nd color choice, Mercury Metallic at the end.....but I would much much much prefer the Flint.

BTW, this may sound like a stupid question, but i'm wondering will it be better to lease the car later or earlier due to different money factor and residual value? Should I try to close the deal in March (Going with the Mercury Metallic) or waiting till April (Wait on a Flint Mica) won't make a difference on monthly payment?

Tks!
Old 03-26-04, 09:11 AM
EdSpider
Driver School Candidate

Default Flint Mica/Black

I've been waiting since late December for that color combo. Finally, the dealer says he should get one in the first week of April. Yup, Flint Mica/Black is hard to find. I wanted Ultra. He did get a custom in after about 1.5 months, but I'd rather wait. It was sold instantly.
Old 03-29-04, 06:14 PM
AggieLS
Pole Position

Default Decision Help

Ok all, need to run this scenario by you and find where the pitfalls lie. I've got my '98 GS300 fully paid for and spouse has '01 MDX that comes off lease in Sept. Current thinking here is sell/trade GS on new GX/RX for spouse now and then get me the LS when the MDX comes off lease in the Sept. We'll use our home equity loan @5% and cash from GS sale to buy the GX/RX and then lease the LS for three years till the next generation comes out. Thoughts???

Had initially thought GS for LS and then realized it makes more sense to do it this way, I think. I did take a gander at several dealers and am now leaning towards Black interior now with Black, Flint or Silver exterior for my LS.
Old 03-29-04, 06:32 PM
EdSpider
Driver School Candidate

Default Lease LS

Glad to see you warmed up to that stunning black./walnut interior. Lease the LS. Be happy.
Old 03-29-04, 06:34 PM
gteach26
Rookie

If you haven't already, take a look at peoplefirst.com for your car loan.

They are run by chase bank and with excellent credit they can get you a better interest rate than 5%. I hate to dip into my home equity for any purpose unless it is for a home improvement. The folks over at chase have good financial calculators on their site and will send you a blank check that you can use to finalize the transaction at the dealership.

It SOUNDS like an easy process and from a huge, reputable company.. I haven't used them yet for a car purchase but I plan to come January.

Good luck!