LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

climate console circuts shorting?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-03, 07:02 PM
wolver1ne
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default climate console circuts shorting?

I've recently encountered problems with my climate control, radio, external side power mirrors, interior dome light, and cigarette lighter. They went Kapputs!

Now I recently had a diagnostic test done on all of the interior electronics, and the results were..."FUSES BLOWN CAUSING INOPERATIVE CLIMATE AND RADIO CONTROLS. CIG. LIGHTER ASSEMBLY IS FAULTY AND BLOWING FUSES. THIS HAS BURNED OUT THE CLIMATE CONTROL LCD DISPLAY, THE BLOWER MOTOR, AND A/C AMPLIFIER. REPLACEMENT OF THESE PARTS (ALONG WITH A NEW ASHTRAY/LIGHTER ASSEMBLY) IS NEEDED TO REPAIR.

Where I come from, items written between parenthesis usually mean the only serious notation...
could I be right in thinking they're throwing a snow job at me for a $2100.00 payout?

I've torn apart my console and inspected each of these componants and noticed the cigarette lighter looked fine, wires an all. That allone they said was going for $250.00 uninstalled...

I forgot all the prices on the other componants but I'm sure I can fond them "much" cheeper here through ClubLexus Forums.

What do you all think? Anyone got any Ideas? So far... the resto of my 91 LS 400 is getting real close to complete.

now if only I can find some used origanal rims nobody wants clutering up there garage space....
Old 07-15-03, 07:56 PM
jasonmo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got some orginigal rims from my 92 ls400. if you want I would be willing to sell them...pm me if you interested. I changed my rims to 17'