LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

story on how weird the people in japan with luxury cars act!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-01, 08:40 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

here's a interesting article on japanese VIP tuning. if you are not familiar about their ways and stlye, you should check this out.
http://www.velocity.isfaster.com/vip/vip.htm

i know celsiors are LS's, but what the heck are cimas,majestas,crowns,century,and presidents.
are these cars even sold in the United States.

THIS THREAD IS 3YRS OLD!

Last edited by LOTC; 09-26-04 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-25-01, 11:14 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by edogg

i know celsiors are LS's, but what the heck are cimas,majestas,crowns,century,and presidents.
are these cars even sold in the United States.

Cima = Infiniti Q45.
Majesta = Toyota's Crown Majesta, a pretty high class sedan in the Aristo Class, but 100% luxury, not emphasizing on performance.
Crowns = a line of sedans by Toyota. Got Majesta, Royal, Athlete, and Sedan. All different tastes.
Century = Toyota's most expensive sedan. Very luxurious. Got V12 5.0 liter engine.
President = Nissan's most expensive sedan. In same class as the Century.
Old 03-25-01, 11:51 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

GlobeCLK nailed it...

The President is actually our OLD Q45 (pre-97's) with a different front end. Gaultier sells a conversion kit (basically a whole front clip) that converts our older Q45's to lookl ike the President. The President's interior is nicer though.

The Century, as luxurious as it is, is ugly as sin and it's not fast (even with a V12)....

Another thing about the Japanese VIP culture is that they're REALLY into little trinkets and such. There are the folks that do it up "Yakuza" style...just straight up clean and mean looking like Junction Produce type stuff (this is what I'm into)...

..on the other end of the spectrum is what I call the Candy VIPPER (from the term Candy Ravers...you know, the ones who have to dress and live the supposed "Raver" lifestyle instead of just respecting the music...) These Candy VIPPERs have brightly colored luxury cars (like baby blue, pink, etc.) with the ugliest kits you can find (flares, fins, wings, etc., etc...), crazy graphics (sometimes), and overdone interiors with cheezy Florida-style Neon lights and every aftermarket interior mod you could do...basically, they "rice out" their luxury cars...

The top picture is of a MILD Candy VIP car (this one is just a few clicks past the dividing line...there are MUCH worse)..

The bottom picture is more on the other end of the spectrum...clean...

BTW: Nissans are QUITE popular in Japan...they're not like Nissan/Infiniti here (which has a pretty weak image)...I'll post another image of a particularly NICE Nissan on the next post...
Attached Thumbnails  story on how weird the people in japan with luxury cars act!-q45.jpg  

Last edited by Manaray; 03-25-01 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-26-01, 12:07 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default Crown Majesta UZS151

Here is a Toyota Crown Majesta (UZS151)...This one is just bearly on the "Yakuza" side of the line...it's pretty clean but the rear tail is huge (it's hard to see in this picture...and the tires are SEVERELY undersized (which is popular to do in Japan but it's unsafe)...the color is also a little bright (remember, this car is in the shade on a cloudy day...and it was a quick scan...the color is actually a bright turquoise color)
Attached Thumbnails  story on how weird the people in japan with luxury cars act!-uzs151.jpg  
Old 03-26-01, 12:13 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default Nissan Cedric/Gloria Y34 & Y33

This is two pictures of two Nissan Cedric/Gloria. One is a Y34 body style (newer) and a Y33 (older). The Y33 Cedric/Gloria has a pretty popular style kit known as the Grandturismo kit. (The Cedric and the Gloria differ a little in setup but they're basically the same car...)

This is Nissan's BMW 5 series fighter. It's bad *** and even the older (Y32 and Y31) are ones are fixed up a LOT! Definitely one of the Japanese VIPPER's favorite car...

Don't bother even CONSIDERING this car. We don't get it in the US and never will.

Also, props and RIP to Wise Sports...a recent victim of the bad Japanese economy...they made some nice body kits (I was going to get their kit for my GS but they went under before I could get one secured for shipping)

This is "Yakuza" style...all business.
Attached Thumbnails  story on how weird the people in japan with luxury cars act!-cedric.jpg  

Last edited by Manaray; 03-28-01 at 01:13 AM.
Old 03-26-01, 06:15 AM
LEXQUISITE

Talking

that music was tripping me out..

Old 03-26-01, 09:03 AM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What the hell was that in the back of the trunk?
Is that a freakin' 20" sub, no it was bigger than that!
I wonder how that hits?! Hmmmm?!
The music was a trip though.
Old 03-26-01, 03:53 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Default wow look at those nissans and toyotas.

hey Manaray those cars you posted up they all look pretty nice.

hey Lexquisite and Loule that music was tripping you guys out. It is the instrumental beat of the rap song Party Up by the rapper DMX.

i have this song because i like rap and hip hop because i am young and was born in this hip hop generation. i know that kind of music would probably not be you guys is choice of daily music. hey parents hate rap and hip hop too.

Last edited by LOTC; 09-26-04 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-26-01, 08:12 PM
LEXQUISITE

Talking Re: wow look at those nissans and toyotas.

Originally posted by edogg
hey Manaray those cars you posted up they all look pretty nice.

hey Lexquisite and Loule that music was tripping you guys out. It is the instrumental beat of the rap song Party Up by the rapper DMX.

i have this song because i like rap and hip hop because i am young and was born in this hip hop generation. i know that kind of music would probably not be you guys is choice of daily music. hey parents hate rap and hip hop too.
I know the Song, i am not a parent, i am just your average 19 year old guy.

Old 03-27-01, 06:23 AM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

What you talkin' about?
I'm talkin' that song was dope, tight, trippin, etc. you get?
I'm all about the Hip Hop!
I'm 25 not 45!
Peace out (old skhool)!

Old 03-27-01, 04:02 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those cars were pretty nice...and I take personal offense to that "parent" crack...Im 27, and a parent (2 weeks now) and I grew up in the "hip hop generation"..Ive been listening to rap and R&B for about 15 years...you'd be suprised at how many of us "old" people cant live without our beats...

I was just kidding about being offended...
Old 03-27-01, 09:34 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Default music!

its just that my parents really dogg on me when i listen to rap and hip hop, they say what kind of **** music is that. F@#k this and F@$k that and then they say turn that **** off.
Old 03-28-01, 01:32 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default LS400...

1SICKLEX - Hey, you might be seeing one soon! I'm actually crusing all the dealer auctions to find a clean 95-97 (UCF20/21 *MC) LS400 as a "daily driver". If I can find a clean one with low miles with a dark color (black, blue, or forest green), I'll be doing it up with the Exclusive Kit as below...
Attached Thumbnails  story on how weird the people in japan with luxury cars act!-excls400.jpg  
Old 03-28-01, 06:19 AM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Someone beat me before I do something stupid as in buying a Exclusive kit!
Now this thread is getting polluted with the kit.
Manaray I ban you from posting anymore of those pics of the Exclusive kit (just kidding of course!)!
Old 03-28-01, 11:05 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that kit is OUTSTANDING!!!!

Quick Reply: story on how weird the people in japan with luxury cars act!