LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Seat & Center Console Armrest Covers

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-17, 04:30 PM
Superfast1
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Seat & Center Console Armrest Covers

After 20 years, the leather on my driver seat & center console armrest start showing some wear & tear. I've stopped by some local re-upholstery shops & they all quoted about $1500 for the front seats & center console armrest. I'm thinking about going w/ the seat cover's route so does anyone know of a good vendor or two selling nice leather covers? I've checked on eBay but didn't see anything decent enough. Please provide link(s) if you've made the purchase. Thank you very much.
Old 03-23-17, 10:33 PM
winter4w
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfast1
After 20 years, the leather on my driver seat & center console armrest start showing some wear & tear. I've stopped by some local re-upholstery shops & they all quoted about $1500 for the front seats & center console armrest. I'm thinking about going w/ the seat cover's route so does anyone know of a good vendor or two selling nice leather covers? I've checked on eBay but didn't see anything decent enough. Please provide link(s) if you've made the purchase. Thank you very much.

I remember seeing pictures of someone who got some good seat covers that almost looked like OEM however that was a while ago and I can't seem to find it.

I'll be interested in finding some good seat covers also however, the best road to take would probably to take the leather off a parts/salvaged car.
Old 03-24-17, 10:07 AM
DerekD1010
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're better off looking at craigslist and your local car junk yard to find seats and an armrest in good condition and replacing it yourself.
Old 03-24-17, 03:10 PM
Superfast1
Advanced

Yeah, I have been looking but haven't found any yet. Thanks.
Old 06-11-17, 11:37 AM
Superfast1
Advanced

I have been looking for a set of good used OEM leather seats for my 97 LS400 but still couldn't come up w/ one yet. Does anyone know where I can purchase a set of seat covers (leather or even non-leather) that fit the contour of the seats & look decent enough on the LS? I think going to this route is easier than finding a good used set of OEM. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 06-11-17, 12:16 PM
Superfast1
Advanced

Just surfed the net & found a website by the name Lseat.com. They do make replacement leather seats for the LS400 for $600 ($300 for the front seats & $300 for the rear). I don't think the color will exactly match the OEM so am going to ask if they also make the cover for the armrest console. I'll also ask them to send samples & going from here.
Old 06-11-17, 06:40 PM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

https://www.leatherseats.com/
Old 06-11-17, 08:37 PM
Superfast1
Advanced

Yep, I saw that one too. Thanks.
Old 06-16-17, 06:42 AM
Cbb129
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've read good things about ProElite 500 covers if you don't wanna spend a lot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRO-ELITE-SE...3D281715479639
Old 06-16-17, 07:39 AM
notguilty
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found a local shop that replaced the damaged panels in my seat and the armrest, cleaned and dyed it all to match for less than $500. Unless the entire seat is trashed you may be able to go this route.
Old 06-16-17, 11:59 AM
Superfast1
Advanced

Yeah, that's a thought. A few years ago, I had one of the local shops replaced the armrest console's cover in my Mercedes Benz CL500's for $120 & he used the same leather Mercedes Benz used so it's an exact match. I'll swing by that shop again & talk to the owner & see what he can do. Completely forgot about it. Thanks
Old 06-21-17, 08:17 AM
Rokas
Pole Position

I got these Dickies seat covers at Walmart. They fit pretty much perfect, especially the back seat (it's just big enough to where it covers what you can see of the back seat if you were looking into the car standing behind it). The front seat straps aren't long enough to loop underneat the seat (there's no space anyway) so the only problem is they tend to move around a lot when you get out of the car. But this is simple to fix - just tether the seat cover to something. You can even take off the front plastic panel under the seats, put the covers in there, and put the cover back to hold them - or just shove the cover in there).

$35

For the center console, I was thinking of either re-upholstering it myself or just cutting out a piece of the leather and replacing that part with some black leather just laid in (for a two tone effect - imagine a rectangle with rounded edges or something like that [has to look right]).
Old 06-26-17, 10:40 AM
Superfast1
Advanced

Rokas- I don't see the Dickies seat covers on Walmart's webpage so do you have the model, part #? Please also provide a better pic. Thank you.
Old 07-01-17, 04:45 AM
Rokas
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Superfast1
Rokas- I don't see the Dickies seat covers on Walmart's webpage so do you have the model, part #? Please also provide a better pic. Thank you.
I have a picture of the box that I'll dig up later. I didn't see "Dickies" on the box but rather on the tags of the covers themselves.

I don't have very good pics but if you ask for a specific angle, I can take new ones.

Old 07-01-17, 04:49 AM
Rokas
Pole Position

I had to point out something I noticed. The above picture of the backseat is misleading. That pic was taken immediately after I put them on so they weren't positioned right. It's off center in this pic (meaning, it needed to move towards the camera a little bit). When I moved it over, it does cover the little bits of leather you see.

Quick Reply: Seat & Center Console Armrest Covers