LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

94 ls400 no shifter/heated seats/ radio button lights working

Old 09-22-16, 10:04 PM
chrissn3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 ls400 no shifter/heated seats/ radio button lights working

Radio with buttons not lit up.

Shifter console not lighting up.

Shifter console lit up with my camera flash.

I replaced some burned bulbs for the heated seats and traction control. I also fixed the cigarette lighter outlets. All seemed to be working. Now it seems as if for some reason I no longer have lighted buttons or a lighted shift indicator. I know it's not the bulbs, but that's it. Everything still works as usual, just not the lights. I have attached pictures. This sure is annoying. I'm betting it has to be something simple. * Car is on with headlights on as well. Dimmer has no effect and the fuses seem okay.
Old 10-03-16, 08:31 PM
chrissn3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up bringing the car to church for a fellow member to look at over the weekend. I myself spent a lot of time trying to figure out what went wrong. I even bought a test light, which didn't seem to help much. He told me it was a 7.5 amp fuse that was blown. He found it right away. He said on the fuse diagram (inside the car) it was the one marked panel. Now if I can figure out what makes the car sit like a low rider when it is shut off. The mechanic that did the oil change said some travel suspension is busted. They said it was a Lexus only part, and that they would have to contact Lexus, but they have not gotten back to me.
Old 10-04-16, 07:44 AM
CELSI0R
Racer

Received 280 Likes on 218 Posts

If the air suspension is busted, the most cost effective approach is to convert the car to struts. There are kits available for this.

Repairing the OEM air bag system can be quite costly.
Old 10-23-20, 01:25 PM
papifritas
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default did the buttons light up?

Originally Posted by chrissn3
I ended up bringing the car to church for a fellow member to look at over the weekend. I myself spent a lot of time trying to figure out what went wrong. I even bought a test light, which didn't seem to help much. He told me it was a 7.5 amp fuse that was blown. He found it right away. He said on the fuse diagram (inside the car) it was the one marked panel. Now if I can figure out what makes the car sit like a low rider when it is shut off. The mechanic that did the oil change said some travel suspension is busted. They said it was a Lexus only part, and that they would have to contact Lexus, but they have not gotten back to me.
my 94 ls400 also does not have buttons lighting up on radio (the radio and clock lights up just no buttons) and the shifter also does no illuminate and the light in my glove box also does not light up...i pulled the panel fuse in the driver side fuse box just above the break pedal and the fuse looked fine...anyone have any ideas? i looked at the buttons closely and it’s hard to tell if they are supposed to light up or not...any help would be appreciated cheers
Old 10-23-20, 04:06 PM
YODAONE
Lexus Champion

Received 406 Likes on 345 Posts
Default Improving illumination of shifter plate

If you wish to improve illumination of the shift plate with standard bulb, see:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...r-plate-2.html

The general concept is to use outdoor-rated pressure sensitive foil to improve reflectivity of reflecting surfaces (over black plastic)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...unk-light.html