LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Looking at the profile of my 90

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-16, 07:10 PM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Looking at the profile of my 90

Sure is a pleasant looking car and roof lines as compared to all the brand new pimple topped cars they make now. Even the 98 on up LS400's are pleasant to look at. Like what happened to designing a nice looking car in modern times. They all so look alike.
Old 06-10-16, 08:46 PM
brybo86
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where's the pic?
Old 06-10-16, 11:11 PM
dicer
Lead Lap

In my head. This site won't hold pictures they have to be hosted some place and that is why on old threads most all the pictures are gone or show a cat or something. The day these forum websites hold the pictures I can then post some. Years ago they did that, and I could post pictures. Disk space is dirt cheap now, there is no reason not to self host the pictures.

Scroll down for missing pictures and cats etc.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...-ls400s-3.html

More cats and blocks
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ls400s-54.html

Last edited by dicer; 06-10-16 at 11:16 PM.
Old 06-11-16, 04:52 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

i say slam it, put 30 inch rims on it and bag it!
Old 06-11-16, 10:26 AM
dicer
Lead Lap

If I was slamming it would be in reverse, it would have 30" of ground clearance, so I could ford some rivers when we get floods etc. I like the factory air suspension, I'm surprised they didn't give them more travel so you could lower real low like when they leak when its parked, and raise it for normal driving.
Old 06-11-16, 10:26 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

A spell back someone mentioned this site for locating old images. May see if what is in memory can be retrieved by this site:
https://archive.org/web/

Here is one for Club Lexus:
https://web.archive.org/web/*/clublexus.com

Click on the year and see what is available for the time period.
Old 06-11-16, 11:17 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

my reply was rhetoric to raise ur hackles
Old 06-11-16, 11:33 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by python
my reply was rhetoric to raise ur hackles
If you want to simply bait, suggest you don't post. Dicer is doing a decent job of moving beyond that past issue, suggest you do the same please.
Old 06-11-16, 11:44 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by dicer
In my head. This site won't hold pictures they have to be hosted some place and that is why on old threads most all the pictures are gone or show a cat or something. The day these forum websites hold the pictures I can then post some. Years ago they did that, and I could post pictures. Disk space is dirt cheap now, there is no reason not to self host the pictures.

Scroll down for missing pictures and cats etc.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...-ls400s-3.html

More cats and blocks
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ls400s-54.html
Dicer,

Couple of educational items for you.

1) We've got a gallery here on CL that hosts your pictures free, always have

https://www.clublexus.com/g/

Upload to your hearts content, even has a handy link feature you can paste right into your thread after you upload them

A second way is that you can also attach them directly using that little "attach files" link when you are creating a post, just select them off your hard drive and don't even need to use the gallery.

As above, you've always been able to attach images directly on this site so you just need to learn to use it.

2) The cats you see are when somebody hosts their pics on another site (the example here is called photobucket) and the pics are gone for whatever reason - person removed them, account expired etc. Photobucket sends us a picture of a cat when they can't find the image that a member here has linked in their post.

This is not CL's problem, but some other site. HOWEVER, new images uploaded to CL solve that by saving a copy when you use the attach an image feature, even if the other image goes away. That was implemented probably a year ago, so over time you'll see fewer and fewer missing images.

So I guess the day has come for you to upload some pictures
Old 06-11-16, 12:31 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

An encouragement to use the Club Lexus galleries as Dave mentions. Been very to read DIY's or other picture threads and see image not found "X" squares.
Old 06-11-16, 01:20 PM
dicer
Lead Lap

I'll have to see if my old camera still works .
Old 06-11-16, 01:53 PM
Rdrcr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd have to agree, the LS400 is a great looking sedan!

Mike
Old 06-11-16, 05:19 PM
aptoslexus
Advanced

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by dicer
Sure is a pleasant looking car and roof lines as compared to all the brand new pimple topped cars they make now. Even the 98 on up LS400's are pleasant to look at. Like what happened to designing a nice looking car in modern times. They all so look alike.
Interesting comment for what was essentially a Mercedes Benz copy. I think a lot of modern cars look so much alike because they have to conform to a lot of safety and fuel efficiency standards and do it within a tight budget. Car design was a lot more interesting when you could just design whatever you wanted.
Old 06-11-16, 06:28 PM
wnyjazz
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Agree on the profile. The '90-'94 tail is my fav.
Old 06-11-16, 07:58 PM
dicer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aptoslexus
Interesting comment for what was essentially a Mercedes Benz copy. I think a lot of modern cars look so much alike because they have to conform to a lot of safety and fuel efficiency standards and do it within a tight budget. Car design was a lot more interesting when you could just design whatever you wanted.
Not even close, especially of that era, Mercedes has made some nice looking cars but their sedans are not one of them.

Lookalike ??????? The best looking NEW car design on the road today is the Challenger and I'm not into mopars all that much, second would be the Camaro, all you have to do is look at the roof line in a profile and you will see what I mean, as compared to all the rest of the pimple tops.
The only pimple top that gets my vote is an SLK but then again they are multipart convertable hard tops.

Quick Reply: Looking at the profile of my 90