LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Ideas to make my celsior look better?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-16, 08:16 PM
Ragnar21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas to make my celsior look better?

I have this 94 celsior with the factory air suspension.

I originally wanted to stance it out but i live in christchurch nz and the roads are earthquake damaged. And i discovered the air suspension is annoying to change..

So what im asking is what can i do to make my car look more street worthy without changing the air suspension... what rims/size/tyres should i go for..

Or any other ideas?

Heres a pic of my car.. its completely stock apart from straight pipe exhausts

<br >

<br >

Last edited by Ragnar21; 05-16-16 at 09:24 PM.
Old 05-17-16, 05:48 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

first of all thats not a 94. get some center caps and do something with those hideous exhaust tips
Old 05-17-16, 08:10 AM
UNCNOR
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Learn how to park too!!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-16, 09:30 AM
Shaud843
Rookie

To answer your question I say get center caps and do something with that exhaust IMO it takes away from the car. To each their own though...
Old 05-17-16, 12:57 PM
Ragnar21
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by python
first of all thats not a 94. get some center caps and do something with those hideous exhaust tips

It is a 94, I do have centre caps, took them off myself and the exhaust is fine cheers
Was more after new rim ideas as I don't want stock.

Last edited by Ragnar21; 05-17-16 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-17-16, 12:58 PM
Ragnar21
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UNCNOR
Learn how to park too!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your kind input!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-16, 01:06 PM
Ragnar21
Driver School Candidate

I am quite shocked that I come to this lexus community and all you guys do is attack me for doing my own thing.

I thought car clubs were a good place to hang out and share your rides.
Old 05-17-16, 02:56 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 219 Posts

Welcome, Ragnar21.

Don't take everything to heart. Some things are just jokes, like the parking comment. It's hard to truly understand what is being said, when conversations aren't face-to-face.

Regarding your car, here are a few details:

- Your car has a 1994 production year in the Japanese Domestic Market, but it is referred to as a 1995 model in the US and other countries. This is why some are saying your car is not a 1994. If you look for parts for your car, it is safest to search under 1995-1997 Lexus LS 400s or 1995-1996 Celsiors.
- Regarding the exhaust, it doesn't look stock. It's not terrible, but chrome tips may enhance the appearance.

Again, welcome. I hope this helps clear some confusion between viewers and helps you as well.

Last edited by CELSI0R; 05-17-16 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-17-16, 03:22 PM
Ragnar21
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CELSI0R
Welcome, Ragnar21.

Thanks for the welcome CELSI0R,

Ahh that makes sense, I did not know that!

Yeah my exhaust was stock, but then I wanted to hear the v8 more, so I got straight pipes installed from the resonator to the end.

I have put my center caps back on

I am wanting to swap out my rims for some aftermarket street type ones, but I am afraid it will look silly, anyone know of any decent rims that will look great?
Old 05-17-16, 04:28 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragnar21
Thanks for the welcome CELSI0R,

Ahh that makes sense, I did not know that!

Yeah my exhaust was stock, but then I wanted to hear the v8 more, so I got straight pipes installed from the resonator to the end.

I have put my center caps back on

I am wanting to swap out my rims for some aftermarket street type ones, but I am afraid it will look silly, anyone know of any decent rims that will look great?
You're very welcome.

I just saw your earlier post. I didn't realize you had removed the center caps to look for rims.

I'm not an expert on rims, so hopefully another member can help you out there. However, since the roads are quite rough in your area, I suggest you use rims that need tires with long sidewalls, like the ones you have now. Low profile tires will lead to a lot of discomfort and will need to be replaced more often in your current road conditions.

Good luck!
Old 05-17-16, 06:40 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus and congrats on the Celsior.

Let's be civil. The LS section is well mannered so PD and I are pleased to have all of you contributing your input to fellow LS owners. If the mods don't match your sense of style, please consider the comments before sending them up on the forum.

Dave has posted in other sections of CL about maintaining a sense of community. This is a request we'd like our members to have in mind so that the LS section is pleasant and provides a welcoming atmosphere.
Old 05-17-16, 07:53 PM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

Your car looks just great, and you did ask for some ideas. I'd go factory stock all the way. And give it a super detail job, a good shine and you'll have the one of the best cars there is. The less aftermarket junk that is put on a car the more value there is to it. A super straight non modified LS commands way more $ than a messed up low rider that a person spends thousands on, just look at cars that sell on ebay and craigslist.
Old 05-18-16, 04:27 AM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Welcome to the club. Great you want to make your car unique and appealing to you. Not everyone's cup of tea as some think stock is just find. Why mess with a good thing?
But some will and you just may choose that path. As for rims... might want to check the sticky at the top of the forum:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...eel-setup.html
Lot's of wheel choices there. Copy one you like or come up with your own.
Good Luck.
Old 05-18-16, 08:25 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

people dont mod their cars and worry about resell value..they do it because it puts a personal touch on it...if everyone thought this way we would all have grandpas grocery retrievers..in other words boring cars without personality.
Old 05-18-16, 08:41 AM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

And yes... when I was younger I did the same thing... installed a sunroof in my perfectly stock Camaro... just because I wanted it.
People personalize cars, houses, motorcycles and even body parts...
No foul, no crime.
Have fun and make it yours.

I'm older now and perfectly happy with stock as I don't have the time and energy to personalize.
And some of us think the LS has it's own personality that suits us just fine....and that's OK too.

Quick Reply: Ideas to make my celsior look better?