LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

So this happened yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-16, 10:46 AM
m0ist
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So this happened yesterday

Came home from a late night at work to discover my LS400 was hit, with no note left on the car...

I'm assuming some sort of utility truck backed into it with all the construction going on. What a guy..
Old 05-05-16, 11:06 AM
Shaud843
Rookie

Man that sucks, hate how people don't even have the decency to leave a note. No cameras around?
Old 05-05-16, 11:12 AM
timmy0tool

Received 416 Likes on 371 Posts

most likely they didn't even know. these big trucks don't feel a thing when they hit things. sorry to see!
Old 05-05-16, 11:16 AM
m0ist
Rookie

Originally Posted by Shaud843
Man that sucks, hate how people don't even have the decency to leave a note. No cameras around?
In that last picture you can see a camera right above that door.. unfortunately for me it is facing the wrong way

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
most likely they didn't even know. these big trucks don't feel a thing when they hit things. sorry to see!
I agree, I'll bet the guy either didn't know it happened or was new and got scared.
Old 05-05-16, 11:31 AM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

That's a total waste and really infuriating...
Hate that it happened...
At least we know the guilty culprit is green with some paint missing.
Old 05-05-16, 02:40 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

that's rough, at least there shouldn't be any structural damage. This is why you keep solid insurance.

A new fender and door shell and you're on your way.
Old 05-05-16, 03:00 PM
Rdrcr
Pole Position

That really sucks! Hate that!

I feel your pain (though to a much smaller degree). My driver side door received a fresh door ding and two scratches yesterday...

Mike
Old 05-05-16, 04:37 PM
jaaa
Lead Lap

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Rdrcr
That really sucks! Hate that!

I feel your pain (though to a much smaller degree). My driver side door received a fresh door ding and two scratches yesterday...

Mike
Yeah, me too. I just got hit in the rear at a stop light with my brand new painted rear bumper. I was mad enough when he hit me, but when I got out of the car and he asked me "why did you go into reverse and hit me?", I kind of lost it for a while.
Old 05-05-16, 04:49 PM
RugbyDad
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaaa
Yeah, me too. I just got hit in the rear at a stop light with my brand new painted rear bumper. I was mad enough when he hit me, but when I got out of the car and he asked me "why did you go into reverse and hit me?", I kind of lost it for a while.
Why did you go in reverse? Lmao.... classic.
Old 05-05-16, 10:43 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

And this is why we have dash cams.
Old 05-06-16, 08:43 AM
mappo
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting that the color of the boards being put on that building are the same color as the transfer marks on your car. Coincidence?
Old 05-06-16, 10:46 AM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

One reason I never park a car I care about on the street. I have had that sort of thing happen in Safeway parking lots too. It is very maddening. The only good thing about it is, if its an older car and it goes to the persons insurance company they just total the car out, because that is probably over $4000 damage is some states. Then if you decide to keep it, it then has a salvage title, and no one will want to buy it for much $ at all.
Old 05-06-16, 12:18 PM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Had a Sam's cart slam into the front corner panel of my LS430 2 weeks after I bought it. Couldn't prove it but the cart corners lined up perfectly with the dents.
Then I remembered as I was heading into the store one of the 'cart boys' was heading out to pick up some stray carts. I always park in the boonies so dings and such don't happen.
So much for that....
Old 05-06-16, 02:13 PM
Rdrcr
Pole Position

Wow. Just wow.
You gotta love people...

Mike
Old 05-08-16, 05:59 AM
m0ist
Rookie

Originally Posted by dicer
One reason I never park a car I care about on the street. I have had that sort of thing happen in Safeway parking lots too. It is very maddening. The only good thing about it is, if its an older car and it goes to the persons insurance company they just total the car out, because that is probably over $4000 damage is some states. Then if you decide to keep it, it then has a salvage title, and no one will want to buy it for much $ at all.
Talked to the construction company and they are "investigating". I really hope they pay for the repairs...even though it doesn't look terribly wrecked, the passenger side door is not able to open.

Body panels for a 95 are a LOT harder to find than I thought

Quick Reply: So this happened yesterday