LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

18" tires for the high temps of Saudi Arabia?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-16, 03:26 AM
Nighteye
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18" tires for the high temps of Saudi Arabia?

Hello everybody... I'm new member here" i just joined and i don't know who's to ask about this ..
I need help about wheels.. I have 1998 lexus ls400 and i just bought for it (precious rims 18 inches two widths ).. I will post pictures for them.. So i want to ask about the best tires for them.. I need tires that are comfortable and quit as much as possible.. I have to say also i live in Saudi Arabia and the temperature here in summer 51 c / 122 Fahrenheit... Help to choose the best tires.. Thank you

Last edited by RA40; 02-22-16 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-22-16, 02:44 PM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

High temps, wow, maybe all aluminum bolt on tires? Also good up to a high mach number on the straight aways.
Old 02-22-16, 04:22 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting to see that there is someone driving this car in Saudi. But honestly, your best bet is to ask Nevada, Arizona, Texas LS people about this. But 51C temps? Yikes.

You will need UHP rated tires as a minimum. Heat is the enemy of tires. And forget about quiet. At 18 inches and whatever width you'll run, it's going to be noisy. The higher the speed rating (resistance to heat and warping), the noisier it gets. Good luck.
Old 02-22-16, 11:49 PM
Nighteye
Driver School Candidate

Yeah sometimes the temperature get 51c sometimes and most of the summer between 43c to 48c.. Ok i can forget about the quite but I'm worried about the comfort of the car with the 18 inch wheels.. That's why i need someone who has experience about the tiers or someone who has try the same wheels before.. I need the most comfortable tires for my new wheels..

And in Saudi Arabia (Toyota and Lexus) are the most popular cars here
Old 02-23-16, 03:37 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nighteye
Ok i can forget about the quite but I'm worried about the comfort of the car with the 18 inch wheels.. That's why i need someone who has experience about the tiers or someone who has try the same wheels before.. I need the most comfortable tires for my new wheels..

And in Saudi Arabia (Toyota and Lexus) are the most popular cars here
You could look at some tire websites to get a basic idea about tires. So generally you want to check and see what +1 sizing will run on your LS since that car never came with wheels larger than 17's.

A few LS members have the 18's for wheels/tires and don't seem to have too much degradation in ride. The car already rode pretty good out of the factory.

The thing to make sure is you're getting the highest temperature rating (A) in combination with a higher speed rating on the tires.
Old 02-24-16, 12:16 AM
Nighteye
Driver School Candidate

My friend... Sure my car rides comfortably with the stock wheels..also sure all the tires in Saudi with the highest temperature rating (A) But i was just worried about the comfort of the 18 inch rides so im asking about the most softer tires .. Also i check some websites.. But i still confuse about which tires company should i buy.. So any advices about the tires company brand should i buy...or any one who has try the same size can tell me the most softer tires generally?
Old 02-24-16, 03:17 PM
xMUZZx
Driver School Candidate

"Precious" rims you say? They look like Wald Duchatelets. Are they a true three piece rim?

Here are mine.

Old 02-24-16, 06:24 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nighteye
My friend... Sure my car rides comfortably with the stock wheels..also sure all the tires in Saudi with the highest temperature rating (A) But i was just worried about the comfort of the 18 inch rides so im asking about the most softer tires .. Also i check some websites.. But i still confuse about which tires company should i buy.. So any advices about the tires company brand should i buy...or any one who has try the same size can tell me the most softer tires generally?
You can ask other members here about ride/handling compromises. They have a wealth of information gathered from years of experimenting. Your thread title says "18" tires for the high temps of Saudi..."

It sounded like you were concerned about the temps. Dunno about brands, that's up to you. It's actually better if you go through the threads here and use the search function. This is old territory from what I know.
Old 02-24-16, 06:29 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

What width is the rim? Is your car lowered and or do you have plans to alter suspension height?

This is one study from 2008 about tire/tyres in the Saudi Arabia heat:
http://www.academia.edu/5015671/Inap...ffic_accidents

I would suggest contacting the tire manufacturers technical support for suggestions on inflation pressures for your region.

Tire Rack has a section on Club Lexus that you may also ask about recommended tires for your region:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the...akes-forum-76/
Old 02-24-16, 07:37 PM
xMUZZx
Driver School Candidate

Like previous commenters already said. If you buy tires in your local area they are going to be suitable to your weather.

The side wall is going to be small on an 18" wheel. 35/40 series sidewalls are the most common. The bigger the sidewall the more "comfort" you will have.

buy the biggest sidewall you can fit to have the most comfort and the smallest sidewall for better handling.
Old 02-25-16, 12:20 AM
lextout
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

As long as there name brand and grade A rated, beware of the Chinese card board made ones.