LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Stuck in pasco washington with my LS/road trip gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-16, 06:04 PM
CynderES
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres some better pictures guys. Washed and waxed in the dark after work enjoy!

Old 02-04-16, 06:28 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking good after its trials and tribulations. But uhhh.... you know... you gotta get rid of that stuffed string thing off the back end. It's not classy. Not Lexus. This car's about dignity and class. Wash the underside too. I do that all the time in the winter zone
Old 02-04-16, 06:35 PM
CynderES
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MattyG
Looking good after its trials and tribulations. But uhhh.... you know... you gotta get rid of that stuffed string thing off the back end. It's not classy. Not Lexus. This car's about dignity and class. Wash the underside too. I do that all the time in the winter zone
It isnt classy at all lol, i hang a stuffed my little pony toy on the back of every car i drive as a rememberance to a friend of mine who died of a heroin overdose in 2012. He was a big fan of ponies. I just need to find a better place to hang it, i dont wanna scratch anything. I hit the wheelwells since i just went though salt and stuff but i need a good deep scrub on the bottom when i can get ahold of a pressure washer and jackstands at the same time, harder than it sounds hahahaha
Old 02-04-16, 06:50 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well one of the best ways to remember people is to just remember through pics etc. You could certainly put that pony inside the car.

Just saying that nobody will know what the significance of that hanging off your rear bumper unless you're trying to do the "rebel" thing. It's just gonna be an ole Lexus with a pony toy on a string hanging off its back end.
Old 02-04-16, 06:53 PM
CynderES
Driver School Candidate

probably going to go through the tow hook on a shorter string or on the rear speaker tray, too much **** it can break hanging where it is. but shes clean now, thats all i care about for tonight :3
Old 02-04-16, 07:18 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 219 Posts

Nice photos.

You could always hang the pony off the mirror inside the car. Much better for it, in terms of weathering, etc.

I also see that you're still missing a center cap. Still considering the purchase of one? :P
Old 02-04-16, 07:20 PM
CynderES
Driver School Candidate

Celsior
purchased one, came here with a huge gouge. going through the returns process...
as soon as my money gets refunded i am gonna purchase another one, its just gonna take a minute... soon though!
Old 02-05-16, 02:43 AM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

Looks nice, and that poor little pony gets dirty back there, and his leash could abrade the bumper and wear off some paint. And someone that doesn't know the meaning of it could think you don't like horses. I think it would be better to have it inside too. Even riding on the cup holder or the rear shelf like someone mentioned.
Old 02-06-16, 05:19 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

surprised you kept the original turbine wheels on it. most people don't. nice job for keeping it historically accurate
Old 02-06-16, 09:48 AM
CELSI0R
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by CynderES
Celsior
purchased one, came here with a huge gouge. going through the returns process...
as soon as my money gets refunded i am gonna purchase another one, its just gonna take a minute... soon though!
Sorry to hear that!

Good luck, purchasing another.

Originally Posted by Stereorob
surprised you kept the original turbine wheels on it. most people don't. nice job for keeping it historically accurate
The turbine wheels are the best.
Old 02-06-16, 02:06 PM
CynderES
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stereorob
I didn't like the turbines at first, but they have grown on me. Got the pony relocation kit so she's in the package shelf now
Last night i tore off the timing cover and inspected the water pump, turns out the lower part of the pump by the cast in pipe was leaking. TB looked OK and was dry. Resealed the water pump from the outside with the toyota black RTV just to be safe, flushed the coolant and put red in her to get out the green and radiator stop leak, and put her back together! everything is safe and good now, gonna put off the TB until this summer/next summer with how good it looked.
Old 02-06-16, 02:45 PM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

Did you drain the block at the 2 pet ***** on right and left side? If not you did not get all the old stuff out, and also did you run the heater when flushing?
Old 02-06-16, 02:52 PM
CynderES
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dicer
Did you drain the block at the 2 pet ***** on right and left side? If not you did not get all the old stuff out, and also did you run the heater when flushing?
hit both petcocks, did not run the heater when i flushed it. hopefully there isnt too much in the core, i dont wanna redo it :/
Old 02-07-16, 05:08 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I didn't like the turbines at first, but they have grown on me. Got the pony relocation kit so she's in the package shelf now
Last night i tore off the timing cover and inspected the water pump, turns out the lower part of the pump by the cast in pipe was leaking. TB looked OK and was dry. Resealed the water pump from the outside with the toyota black RTV just to be safe, flushed the coolant and put red in her to get out the green and radiator stop leak, and put her back together! everything is safe and good now, gonna put off the TB until this summer/next summer with how good it looked.
once green has been introduced to the system i would use all makes all models instead of the red. also if u didnt use a machine to flush the system,chances are u didnt get all of the green out. my opinion is ur setting urself up for failure by not changing the pump out. good luck

Last edited by python; 02-07-16 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-07-16, 09:07 AM
oldskewel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

hit both petcocks, did not run the heater when i flushed it. hopefully there isnt too much in the core, i dont wanna redo it :/
I think that as long as the heater is set on hot (anything other than full cold), the heater valve will be open at least a little. And that will allow things to drain. They commonly say you need to run the heater on full heat, but the thing that actually matters is that the heater valve opens.

Glad you got back safely, and nice of you to honor your friend like that.

Quick Reply: Stuck in pasco washington with my LS/road trip gone bad