LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Lexus LS430 at NY auto show

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-03, 10:17 PM
Rolexus600
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus LS430 at NY auto show

I got a sneak preview today of the NY auto show. My friend who is a Cadillac Salesman let me in to see what Cadillac had to offer. I naturally wandered and went to Lexus halfway through. I sat in all of them and lastly...the LS430 with the Ultra Luxury package. Talk about leaving an impression...Even Mercedes with its liberal use of wood (or plastic or whatever it may be) paled in comparison. Besides being gorgeous, amazingly comfortable and ergonomically supreme in my opinion, its initial quality seems unrivaled. I'm no stranger to Lexus but this was like nothing else. Heres one thing I loved although it may seem relatively mundane when actually choosing an automobile......when you adjust the electronic tilt you will automatically notice the fluid operation of its movement. It feels like.....well, ...quality! I notice it was silent as it moved and moved rather effortlessy. With Mercedes, Bmw, Infiniti and Cadillac it seemed almost as if it struggled to adjust and groaned as if the mechanism was being taxed of its power. There were numerous other things that I loved but that struck me first as I got into the seat. I have to give you guys respect for choosing what is not only classy but sensible. It just seems like it makes sense to put hard earned cash down for something that will serve you well. I am not easily impressed but how could you not be impressed by a fully optioned Mercedes Benz S600? I certainly was but then I visited The LS430 after that.......like i said.....there is nothing else...just nothing else like it!

I definitely can not leave this Earth without owning one some day!

...very simply.....nothing compares........but I think you guys figured that out before me! good luck with them and be safe!
Old 04-18-03, 08:49 AM
2jzgte
Lead Lap

Ever been to japan? My father took me with him on a business trip once. They have a Toyota/Lexus called the Century, it beats the crap out of all our LS's put together.
Old 04-18-03, 09:19 AM
Rolexus600
Driver

No, never been to Japan but I did see some stuff about the Century recently on caranddriver I believe. I was referring to what is available in the States and I would imagine something like that would be alot more money. From what I recall, it resembled an American car on the outside and had a European flare to the inside. I'm sure its wonderful...but from what you'd be able to see at a car show.....LS430 takes the cake!