LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Anti camera stickers

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-15, 09:19 AM
fastegg
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Anti camera stickers

I recently got some of these anti-speed camera camera stickers. They dont show up when flashed... And yes, they work perfectly...
Attached Thumbnails Anti camera stickers-img_1817.jpg   Anti camera stickers-img_1827.jpg  
Old 05-01-15, 10:46 AM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

but wait... why get these stickers unless... YOU'RE SPEEDING?!?!?!?!?!

don't you know that every time someone EXCEEDS THE POSTED LIMIT more than 30 polar bears are violently murdered in front of their families!?!?

oh wait, that never happens... keep speeding then
Old 05-01-15, 11:02 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

won't the police cite you if they saw it? headlights alone will be enough to cause unreadable glare.

glad we don't have speed cameras in the states...yet. maybe we do in cali but i have not seen any. most if not all red light violation camera enforced intersections have been removed in the greater los angeles county!
Old 05-01-15, 12:31 PM
RugbyDad
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Timmy, they are most definitely in the states already. AFAIK Ohio is littered with them. Haven't seen them in NY yet thank God but I'm sure they're coming.

On a side note, don't the speed cameras or red light cameras have recording ability? As in they don't need a flash to capture your license plate? As in all of this tomfoolery is moot?

I was watching top gear one day and they said the speed cameras in GB have recording ability. Idk if this is across the board for speed cameras but it would certainly be disappointing to think you've got the system beat to still be cited thanks to video capability.
Old 05-01-15, 12:39 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

That's great except illegal in most states in the US (which I am aware you are not in).
Old 05-01-15, 01:54 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

does anyone here have experience with the Veil G5 anti-laser coating? radarbusters.com did a test with it and found that it reduced the distance at which a lidar or radar gun can obtain a reading by like 70-80 percent. assuming it wasn't faked which it didn't appear to be... you just apply it to the front of the car and it dries clear, i don't see how a cop could tell that anything's been done. if it does work as well as advertised then it's probably illegal
Old 05-01-15, 06:24 PM
fastegg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Stroock639
but wait... why get these stickers unless... YOU'RE SPEEDING?!?!?!?!?!

don't you know that every time someone EXCEEDS THE POSTED LIMIT more than 30 polar bears are violently murdered in front of their families!?!?

oh wait, that never happens... keep speeding then
We don't have polar bears in Australia....
And over here, if your doing 3kmh over the limit your snapped... and their mobile cameras on tripods and they move them around all day and night.... So you don't know where they are... and they always seemed to be in places where the flow of the traffic is 10-15kmh over posted limits....
... Ive been saved twice since putting them on....
.. And video speed cameras are coming.. not here yet but their coming so anti photo stickers wont work... but for now, they have saved me $500 and my license....
Old 05-01-15, 06:26 PM
fastegg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
won't the police cite you if they saw it? headlights alone will be enough to cause unreadable glare.

glad we don't have speed cameras in the states...yet. maybe we do in cali but i have not seen any. most if not all red light violation camera enforced intersections have been removed in the greater los angeles county!
Headlights dont cause anything... I think its the infrared in the flash maybe...
Old 05-02-15, 07:07 PM
YoshiMan
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Just remove your plates, and drive around with a paper grocery bag on your head with two holes in it
Old 05-03-15, 08:18 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

Far more than just "speed cameras" and being used by law enforcement agencies.

One system has multiple cameras mounted on the police vehicle that photo and digitize license plate numbers of vehicles around it as the police vehicle is driven, records location and vehicle speed of vehicles whose license numbers are captured, automatically checks captured license numbers against databases to see if there are outstanding warrants, if the vehicle is stolen, etc., and notifies the police officer if there is a suspect vehicle that should be stopped. And, of course, the system notifies the police officer when a license plate cannot be read by the system or if a vehicle is speeding.

Insurance companies are getting into the act too. New insurance company systems capture information about driver behavior including speed limit adherence via the OnStar-like systems that are in some vehicles - essentially capturing information that is also stored in the vehicle event data recorder. The programs are voluntary and participants get discounts on their insurance premiums. I checked last year to see if we could participate since both our vehicles have Toyota's OnStar-like "Safety Connect" (SOS button on the ceilings) but found that Toyota is not currently participating in these programs.

I live about 100 yards from my community's city hall and police station so I may see more police vehicles than most people. Their current favored vehicle is obviously the Ford Explorer Police Interceptor in both marked and unmarked versions with multiple cameras mounted on the exteriors. I don't know if our police force is using a system like I described above but I wouldn't be surprised since they are unusually high tech in other ways. The city implemented WiMax (super long range WiFi) over ten years ago to enable all city vehicles to transmit and receive data at high speeds.

My take is that, over time, speed limit enforcement will be largely "privatized" by the new insurance industry systems. Those who participate will adhere to speed limits and pay less for their insurance. Those who do not participate will pay more for their insurance.

Last edited by Kansas; 05-03-15 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-03-15, 10:18 AM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

yeah it annoys me that they're using the explorer now, every time i see a white one i always gotta go check it out. if the people who decided on what the speed limits should be got to drive nicer cars they'd realize how ridiculous it is that a bugatti veyron is treated as equal to a 20 year old ford f150 with 15 psi in its tires and a dog hanging out the window