LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Lexus Ls400 95 wont start after injector replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-20, 08:43 PM
lorexa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Ls400 95 wont start after injector replacement

Hey guys on Lexus forums I’ve been a lurker for a while now trying to scrummage through the information that could best apply to my situation and my recent problems have had me perplexed for a year and before I take it to the dealership I thought maybe you guys could help break the ground on my issue that I have.

I have a Lexus ls400 95 it has the 1uz-fe engine with obd2. My whole issue with this car began with the starter it quickly gave wind at 180,000 miles. I thought about taking it to the local mechanics shop but labor and part pricing totaled at over $1,500 so I decided to work on the car solo myself with little mechanical experience.

i tackles down the starter myself while also painting valve covers and fuel rails and practically restoring the whole car with new hoses completely clean intake manifold, throttle body and valve covers. Broke a knock sensor port but before putting it back together made sure it was connected as well as possible. Okay so I made only one major change to the vehicle which was larger injectors by 12cc per cylinder. I don’t know what I was thinking other than finer mist = more power and that’s all that ran through my childish mind. Anyways they were dense and compatible with the car but quickly learned they weren’t plug and play. After the brand new starter replacement with the larger injectors the car took 3-4 seconds of cranking before it caught fuel to start. It ran rough because it was to rich and quickly fouled plugs but was also in limp mode and the car wouldn’t allow itself above 2,000 rpms. Other than that the car ran great I had new the larger injectors were my culprit so I decided to take the injectors back off the car and use the stock injectors but after the replacement the car would crank but not start. So I put the larger injectors back in the car again and had the same problem a crank but no start. So I again put the old injectors back in the car and I’m giving it one last big hurrah by asking for anyone’s advice on my issue I have checked for compression I have 165 on each cylinder I also have spark and an injection pulse so I’m running out of hope I recently found a blown fuse under the steering wheel name FUEL opn* I replaced it and it changed nothing. I’m just a kid I’m lost I need this car I dont know how much longer my 91 ford pony can last if I can’t fix this Lexus so please any help would be great thanks for anyone reading this