LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Just crashed my 90 LS400

Old 07-20-14, 04:49 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It can be fixed, you probably need to find a decent complete parts car for $500 to make it worth it....

This is why i said don't worry about getting one with a perfect body and paint when you were looking.
We all stuff our first cars in one way or another.

Also stay the **** off the phone when driving! Hope you learned your lesson and won't be doing that again.
Old 07-20-14, 05:59 PM
305ls400
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it look easy and fast not so much $$$ to spend fixing it. go to a yunk yard you can get the head lights and hood with the grill low, radiator i change my for an aftermarket and it was only 70. i think you can get it fix looking for parts and doing the labor yourself around 500 or less. i crash my w202, similar to what happen to you and i got it fix for 300 hood lights radiator hoses and other small parts

Last edited by 305ls400; 07-20-14 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-20-14, 08:03 PM
omarg
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if it runs good, fixer up. There are so many complete first gens in junkyards now. Even if you have to paint the hood, at least lexus used a singe stage black back then. Very easy to match compared to any other ls400 colors!
I have some complete headlights+foglights taking up space in my garage. if you want em. Just cover shipping. 93-94 headlights have improved(still bad) beam pattern. Although, i'd recommend new clear lenses. The improvement in night time vision is DRAMATIC!

check out this auction, comes with crappy HID kit for funsies. Aim em low for your fellow drivers... You could always switch back to tried and true halogen for the cost of bulbs.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6000K-HID-CRYSTAL-CHROME-CLEAR-HEADLIGHTS-1993-1994-LEXUS-LS400-CORNER-FOG-/231285552919?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ALexus%7CModel%3ALS400&hash=item35d9b17717&vxp=mtr
Old 07-20-14, 08:05 PM
Boxcuta
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully this will help. I hit a deer myself and pretty much damaged my front end EXACTLY like yours. Pic for reference
The headlights and corner lenses, hood(obviously) were gone, core support bent backwards and twisted, and fan was cracked and missing a piece. I hopped onto craigslist found a guy in Atlanta(I live in Alabama) that had my hood and headlight assembly for $175. Wind up being the same color hood(go figure). I attached a come-along to the middle of the core support by looping a steel wire through the hood latch area and hooked the other end to a basketball pole cemented into the ground. With a little time, hammer, wooden block, and beer we pulled the core support back out had to do some rigging on the headlights but none the less it worked out. Hood was slightly raised.
Once I started the car it would shake until it warmed up because of the clutch fan which I replaced with e fans. Just idea. Sorry to threadjack. That's prob what you're up against.
Old 07-20-14, 08:16 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by omarg
if it runs good, fixer up. There are so many complete first gens in junkyards now. Even if you have to paint the hood, at least lexus used a singe stage black back then. Very easy to match compared to any other ls400 colors!
I have some complete headlights+foglights taking up space in my garage. if you want em. Just cover shipping. 93-94 headlights have improved(still bad) beam pattern. Although, i'd recommend new clear lenses. The improvement in night time vision is DRAMATIC!

check out this auction, comes with crappy HID kit for funsies. Aim em low for your fellow drivers... You could always switch back to tried and true halogen for the cost of bulbs.
6000K HID Crystal Chrome Clear Headlights 1993 1994 Lexus LS400 Corner Fog | eBay
yup im fixing her she ran great before. thank you guys so much for the help. at first everyone was telling me to scrap it. i took it apart somewaht down ot the radiator today after work in 3 hours. Not that much things are messed up. im planning on fixing her hopefully for about 350. and yes i kno the black color is very easy to match didnt know why or how. but i can see almost all other ls400s have slitghtly differnt colored bumpers becuase they were repainted over there lifetime. My dad has everything i need to pain ta hood so if i cannot find a black hood ill just paint it.
Old 07-20-14, 08:17 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 305ls400
it look easy and fast not so much $$$ to spend fixing it. go to a yunk yard you can get the head lights and hood with the grill low, radiator i change my for an aftermarket and it was only 70. i think you can get it fix looking for parts and doing the labor yourself around 500 or less. i crash my w202, similar to what happen to you and i got it fix for 300 hood lights radiator hoses and other small parts
yup im thinking 500 or less now. there isn thtat much thats wrong with the car.
Old 07-20-14, 08:26 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Boxcuta
Hopefully this will help. I hit a deer myself and pretty much damaged my front end EXACTLY like yours. Pic for reference
The headlights and corner lenses, hood(obviously) were gone, core support bent backwards and twisted, and fan was cracked and missing a piece. I hopped onto craigslist found a guy in Atlanta(I live in Alabama) that had my hood and headlight assembly for $175. Wind up being the same color hood(go figure). I attached a come-along to the middle of the core support by looping a steel wire through the hood latch area and hooked the other end to a basketball pole cemented into the ground. With a little time, hammer, wooden block, and beer we pulled the core support back out had to do some rigging on the headlights but none the less it worked out. Hood was slightly raised.
Once I started the car it would shake until it warmed up because of the clutch fan which I replaced with e fans. Just idea. Sorry to threadjack. That's prob what you're up against.
Wow haha basically is the same damage well i pullef the car apart together. there isnt that much broken. im looking at 500 or less. this car was so clean that its not worth it to just dump this car and get another. if i did that id have to take my seats out. thats there the nicest seat ive seen any 1990 ls400 have. not one crack and there super soft. but i just orderd a aftermarcket radiator for 58 + free shipping.
Old 07-20-14, 08:31 PM
Boxcuta
Rookie

Originally Posted by xxmariolxx
Wow haha basically is the same damage well i pullef the car apart together. there isnt that much broken. im looking at 500 or less. this car was so clean that its not worth it to just dump this car and get another. if i did that id have to take my seats out. thats there the nicest seat ive seen any 1990 ls400 have. not one crack and there super soft. but i just orderd a aftermarcket radiator for 58 + free shipping.
Nice job. Yeah its nothing to get the parts just search around your local junkyards, pullapart, shouldn't be over $500 like you said and you'll be rolling.
Old 07-20-14, 08:42 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Boxcuta
Nice job. Yeah its nothing to get the parts just search around your local junkyards, pullapart, shouldn't be over $500 like you said and you'll be rolling.
yup now i want her back on the road asap ahaha. Im tired of taking the bus nd its only been a few days.
Old 07-20-14, 10:40 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

There was a guy in gardena parting out an LS400. Do a search on craigslist. Bought whole bunch of little crap parts for $30. Not sure if he still got it. He was selling whole car minus engine/tranny for $500. Paint was messed up but whole front end was straight. I was told he was going to junk it soon. Hood was like $10, So if you can find him I'm sure you can get what you need for under $100.
Old 07-20-14, 10:46 PM
tientony
Driver

Yikes but still look fixable, it will be on the road again
Old 07-23-14, 11:01 AM
edmorl
Driver School Candidate

definitely looks fixable, just need a parts car or even a clip
Old 07-23-14, 04:46 PM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

That's a damn shame
Old 07-24-14, 12:19 PM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

nope..dont even try..ITS TOTALED! now how much u want for ur ecu ;P
Old 07-30-14, 01:43 PM
THXDOC
Driver School Candidate

BTW I have the headlight and fog lights you need currently listed on eBay and I have a spare upper bumper support member I would sell also. Then you would just need a hood and grille and your core support pulled out at a local body shop. Just ask for a rough pull for alingment. Definitely not totaled. Ps an envelope of 50Lexus push rivets for the bumper cover can be had direct from China for $7.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just crashed my 90 LS400