LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Introduction - First time Lexus owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-14, 08:45 PM
CMDSlick
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction - First time Lexus owner

Hello All,

I just joined the club here after purchasing a '93 Lexus LS400. My family has always owned Toyotas and spotted this beauty and couldn't pass it up. It has 34K miles. I'm not mistyping. It was a garage deal and I was able to ****** it up on the cheap. Now I want to make some basic modifications and keep it in the family.

I have been looking on the forums for the last week after getting the vehicle and am looking forward to continuing perusing the posts and learning much.

Old 07-05-14, 09:46 PM
rick1987
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice find!

Before going crazy with mods I would do some maintenance to it. Cars that sit for a long time fall apart. You should check all your seals, hoses, and belts.
Old 07-05-14, 10:42 PM
CMDSlick
Driver School Candidate

Yeah I bought it from a local dealer who did a complete run-through as well as the the local Lexus dealer who did the same. The car is solid. The few issues were taken care of (airbag sensor and instrument cluster). So it should be solid.

At this point going to replace the head unit and keep the stock speakers for now. Needs the window tint replaces on all the windows too. Later I want to upgrade the wheels and front indicators with clear, as well as lower the car an inch or two.
Old 07-07-14, 07:29 AM
etex
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just my take, but sounds like you are about to start ruining a prime vehicle.
Old 07-07-14, 08:15 AM
billydpowe
Lexus Champion

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts

nice find, too bad you have to mess with it...
Old 07-07-14, 08:40 AM
UNCNOR
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by etex
Just my take, but sounds like you are about to start ruining a prime vehicle.
Second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-14, 04:53 PM
DOBones
Driver School Candidate

Looks just like the '93 I recently picked up, great find!
Did you get vehicle history? I ask because your pic looks like gold badging with silver grille shroud, I don't know if they came that way, but there are a lot of things I don't know lol.
Old 07-07-14, 06:32 PM
usoff89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out (https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...-lexus/home.do). There you can sign up for free and get a full dealer service history report. Which, in your case shouldn't be much.

But don't listen to these old farts on here. If you want to slam it, I'm all for it.

Good luck!
Old 07-07-14, 07:49 PM
CMDSlick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by usoff89
Check out (https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...-lexus/home.do). There you can sign up for free and get a full dealer service history report. Which, in your case shouldn't be much.

But don't listen to these old farts on here. If you want to slam it, I'm all for it.

Good luck!

Thanks.

That link was great... found out that the original owner had the Lexus silver emblems changed out for the gold... apparently he wanted to have a little extra bling. But that was before he even picked it up from the dealer. Also they did the tinting, which now needs a re-tint.

but you're right... there wasn't much there.
Old 07-07-14, 08:13 PM
UNCNOR
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by usoff89

Good luck!
Why not "slam" a Ford or Chevy and leave the LS400 to us old farts?Remember,they don't make them anymore.
Old 07-07-14, 08:41 PM
mccrimmon
Lead Lap

There is nothing wrong with tasteful mods that can always be returned to stock. Nice purchase OP. Good luck!

Last edited by mccrimmon; 07-07-14 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-08-14, 12:45 PM
RugbyDad
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mccrimmon
There is nothing wrong with tasteful mods that can always be returned to stock. Nice purchase OP. Good luck!
There is nothing WRONG with him doing ANYTHING to his car regardless of reversibility. I mean I'm not the slammed type, but to each his own.

To the "old farts": Isn't exclusivity and rarity the main allure of just about anything on the planet? If he does anything to it from an interior LED swap all the way up to a ls460 front end swap, wouldn't that make there less stock ucf's, only adding to the rarity and exclusivity allowing you and any others to appreciate stock that much more? Seems counter-intuitive. Sorry, just my 2 copper abe lincoln looking right coins.
Old 08-04-14, 07:37 PM
aomdedude1
Driver

Originally Posted by RugbyDad
There is nothing WRONG with him doing ANYTHING to his car regardless of reversibility. I mean I'm not the slammed type, but to each his own.

To the "old farts": Isn't exclusivity and rarity the main allure of just about anything on the planet? If he does anything to it from an interior LED swap all the way up to a ls460 front end swap, wouldn't that make there less stock ucf's, only adding to the rarity and exclusivity allowing you and any others to appreciate stock that much more? Seems counter-intuitive. Sorry, just my 2 copper abe lincoln looking right coins.
Could not agree more, and to the OP, WOW that is an impressive find my friend. Completely beautiful LS400!! I would love to see more pics!! Engine bay shots, interior!?

Nice find... go bananas on modding it if you wish, if not keep her stock. Either way it's awesome!
Old 08-05-14, 08:59 AM
mccrimmon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RugbyDad

LOL Wow. Calm down. I was basically saying the exact same thing. I wasn't saying he should ONLY do modifications that could be reversed. I was simply saying that most mods CAN be reversed if and when you want to return the car to stock.

Last edited by mccrimmon; 08-05-14 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-11-14, 09:37 PM
CMDSlick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aomdedude1
Could not agree more, and to the OP, WOW that is an impressive find my friend. Completely beautiful LS400!! I would love to see more pics!! Engine bay shots, interior!?

Nice find... go bananas on modding it if you wish, if not keep her stock. Either way it's awesome!
I'll try to grab some shots.

Already replaced the head unit and even kept the factory sub... didn't use the $300 harness either! ;-) Sounds great...

Also got myself a steal with some TSW wheels and thinking about some other mods.

Quick Reply: Introduction - First time Lexus owner