LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Blower motor, radio and panic button all of the sudden do not work?

Old 05-11-14, 05:05 PM
BluesImage
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower motor, radio and panic button all of the sudden do not work?

I have a 1995 LS400 with 159,000 miles and every week something goes wrong. Now I went out of town for 2 days left car in a parking garage and when I get back the blower fan stays on low and has no other fan speeds & my radio turns on but no volume but if you turn it all the way up you can barely hear the music playing. Have no idea what to do......but since they all do not work now is the problem tied together. Plus my horn stays on so I have to have the fuse out of it all the time. I replaced the clock spring and the horn relay and it still stays on............somebody please help.
Someone told me it might be connected to some security system causing at least the horn problem...........when the panic button would work the sound came from some not very loud high pitch horn and not the regular loud horns.
Old 05-12-14, 05:36 AM
fixmiester
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default strange symptoms

May be inadequate voltage getting to your dashboard. Start at the battery terminals to be sure you have at least 12.5 volts with car off, 13.5 with car running. Then check fuse panel for any bad connections, or voltage drop across fuses.
Old 05-12-14, 06:06 AM
BluesImage
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fixmiester
May be inadequate voltage getting to your dashboard. Start at the battery terminals to be sure you have at least 12.5 volts with car off, 13.5 with car running. Then check fuse panel for any bad connections, or voltage drop across fuses.
Thanks I will check the voltage.
Old 05-12-14, 12:20 PM
aptoslexus
Advanced

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

You may want to check this out: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...tor-need-help/

"The fix was.....I reconnected the phone ECU that I was about to take out, turns out the AC blower motor is tied into the overall Mute system in the car. When you get a phone call the stereo volume goes down, AND the AC blower motor only runs at low speed."
Old 05-13-14, 10:40 PM
ldrbro
Driver School Candidate

Disconnecting both wire harnesses under the false floor on the right side brought my blower motor back to life - happy happy joy joy! Love this forum...
Old 05-15-14, 07:28 AM
BluesImage
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aptoslexus
You may want to check this out: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...tor-need-help/

"The fix was.....I reconnected the phone ECU that I was about to take out, turns out the AC blower motor is tied into the overall Mute system in the car. When you get a phone call the stereo volume goes down, AND the AC blower motor only runs at low speed."
Thanks yes I saw a similar post in the lexus owners club the other day that covered this. Thanks
Old 05-16-14, 12:29 AM
dashan
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BluesImage
Thanks yes I saw a similar post in the lexus owners club the other day that covered this. Thanks
Take some pics when you do yours and post them here.