LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

TRAC Code 43

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-14, 04:07 PM
tnguyenmdc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael
I read the service manual over and over again regarding the TRAC code of 43. I was not exactly sure if a scope had to be connected. Well reading through the manual, I did not think a scope was needed and the x-axis is time but there is only pulse action in signal. I can do this with just a simple voltmeter as indicated in the manual I have attached above. I think what it says on the service manual above was to see if the power is going into the TRC relay module if so the TRC must be replaced, otherwise, check for wire harness to see if there is any disconnect or short.

With that in mind, last night I took the TRC down and to see if the power comes to the TRC. I have verified the power does come to TRC. So I took down the TRC and took it apart to see if there is any visual signs of damage. There were no visual signs of damage on the circuit boart but noticed that LScowboy's name was written all over the circuit board.

There are same type of Nichicon capacitors on the TRC board as follows:
1 x 220 microF, 10 volt
3 x 10 microF, 50 volt - (one hidden)
1 x 47 microF, 50 volt
1 x 100 microF, 10 volt - (one hidden)
total of 6 capacitors.

I can try to replace them as I have done it before with the ECM board but there are two capacitors hidden inside a circuit board bracket, which I do not think the bracket is removable.

Now I am stuck again. I need an advise from guru like LScowboy or Yamae. And I am going to ask the forum readers once again. Is there anyone who has TRAC light on with a code 43? Is there anyone who has done a caps replacement on the ABS & TRC board? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am attaching few photos of the board for your reference.

Can you tell me where the TRAC ECU is located, and how to get to it?

Thank you,
Old 01-08-14, 05:20 PM
Michael
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Location of TRAC ECU

tnguyenmdc,

TRAC ECU on my 93 LS is located under the glove compartment, next to the ECM.
Old 05-22-16, 02:51 PM
pishta
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tnguyenmdc
Can you tell me where the TRAC ECU is located, and how to get to it?

Thank you,
On my SC400 (im sure its about the same location) its behind the glove compartment:
SC instructions: REmove bolster under glove compartment (where your toes would hit under dash) it just pulls down by 4 clips. Then you need to remove 4 screws: 2 under knee bolster (youll see them when you pull out toe board) and 2 in the glove compartment under little square covers. once these are removed, pull upper portion of glove box frame down and the whole thing will come off. Now you can see a duct running across the module mount bracket, remove 1 screw and pull duct off. REmove fan control ECU and then you can remove the TRAC/ABS computer with 2 screws and a pull down clip. ECU will be behind this either flat or sideways.