LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

I'm back! got a new Celsior!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-13, 08:23 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

any pictures of your old car?
Old 10-16-13, 09:30 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingsoup
Hey Black_Ls, I'm from Ontario actually!

I use a company called Trendy information now to buy my cars from auction, they have tools like most export companies to browse USS auctions etc in Japan.

I recommend Derek from Pacific coast auto, hes a BC guy who lives in Japan, he does a ton of cars for AB and BC, great reputation. We use customs brokers in BC who handle the car release and there are a variety of shipping options to get your car from BC to Toronto. Auto transport or Rail transport. A lot of people who do importing hang out on a forum called Import Era, ask some Q's on that site for more help in the importing of cars. I also recommend Brave Auto in Japan, they do the best quality cars I've ever seen. Also Nikkyo is a big exporter and has lots of stock listing on their sites (a really nice 1994 Mitsubishi GTO I almost bought, dirty cheap!)

On more reading it looks like my car might have the Radar based cruise control, I'm so excited!! just need some more info on how the system works.
Right on, looks wicked... More and more I keep thinking I just might bite the bullet and go JDM in a car like this for a summer cruiser, well, depending on price unless I can get a souther US car for similar/less.

I'm glad to see another Ontarian doing it up.

Originally Posted by EmpPenguin
Looks good, but would look much better with the driver's seat on the correct side of the car.
I agree... but you can't win them all. And for most canadians [less the westies] we'd prefer a southern US car, but sometimes it's not feasible buying a heap with a bunch of mileage for a 'clean' chassis and importing it vs. a Wrong hand drive car with a fraction of the mileage and less or the same cost as the heap.

Originally Posted by Sc0pe
But it is on the right side of the car! *badum tss*

Any info on the wheels? They look like standard LS wheels with not-so-hidden lugs.
Except the fact that they're 19's...
Old 10-17-13, 01:55 PM
Kingsoup
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHOA! its right hand drive? ACK!!! hee hee
You know its harder to drive this car then the smaller WRX's and stuff, shes a big ole car to be making double left hand turns in, feels weird! on the occasion that I drive on two lane roads, I'm usually with someone who can help tell me if its safe to pass, 4+years of driving RHD and I haven't had problems really! takes a bit of getting used too, but in a lot of ways I feel more normal in RHD then my other LHD cars and truck now!

Picture of my old car is the last one on the list on the main page, it has the 18" OZ's on it I'm looking to transfer to the new car (the guy who bought the 93 didn't want them)

I have no info on those wheels at all, they do sort of look like the stock wheels eh? just bigger and oh so shiney!! Its not usually my thing the big pimpin VIP thing, but maybe in person they'll be cool, but I'm ready to put the 3 piece OZ's on with nearly new tires if they don't strike me fancy!

This car is high km compared to what you can get on Auction. I've seen lots of 20,000-30,000km cars that are Grade 4.5, basically brand new. A guy in BC bought one recently still with the plastic on it, look up Pacific Coast Auto video on the white UCF21 they imported. US car is tempting too, but no way can you find one as mint as the ultra low km Japan cars. I'm not sure if this one will have the hydraulic cooling fan like my last one. Bearings went in the pump and I just could not source a replacement so I had to switch over the entire massive bracket and clutch fan from the LS400 to replace it, what a pain!

Last edited by Kingsoup; 10-17-13 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-17-13, 09:35 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingsoup
I have no info on those wheels at all, they do sort of look like the stock wheels eh? just bigger and oh so shiney!! Its not usually my thing the big pimpin VIP thing, but maybe in person they'll be cool, but I'm ready to put the 3 piece OZ's on with nearly new tires if they don't strike me fancy!

Well, they're pretty close. I know a member here who wants some stock-ish looking wheels that look larger haha. Those 18" OZs from the car in your sig would be sweeet You'd just need to go moar low and throw on some meatier tires
Old 10-13-15, 11:21 PM
Kingsoup
Pole Position

It ended up taking me almost 2 years to complete this thing and make it legal. It had been in a side impact in Japan and had many problems. The front calipers needed a super careful rebuild, (took me twice) I mis diagnosed it as a bad booster, many hours later (had to cut out from firewall, took 4hrs with a grinder)...the seat head rests had been taken out, missing clips, so were sunshades, many hours....dash was mis-aligned, took whole thing off, many hours! Steering rack was leaking, I tried my hand at rebuilding it, 4 sets of lexus parts, new rod from Japan, 125$ in hydraulics shop assesments, nothing worked, bought used rack from Japan in end, 750$ later and 8 months of my life. Oh yeah coolant froze solid when moving it to new house at -30c, valve exploded in my face showering me with coolant at -30c, delightful. HID's burnt out, wiring bad, bumper missing parts, inner fenders missing, tailights not working right, missing trunk parts.

Air suspension replaced with Megans and spacers to fit the OZ 3 piece wheels, I almost don't hate it anymore, after all that work, so many hours, I can drive it now, and its not too bad, was it worth the effort though...hmmmmm )
Old 10-16-15, 05:22 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

^ wow that's a lot of work! didnt seem too bad in the pictures. at least you can now enjoy the drive!
Old 10-20-15, 02:47 PM
Kingsoup
Pole Position

Kind of shows what happens when kids go hella-flush on a car what you end up with. Should have waited and gotten a bone stock old Man mobile as a nice platform to start with.

The Megans ride quality is not bad considering it is quite flat in the corners, I think it would be a lot better if I didn't run the AA compound treadwear 220 ultra stiff sidewall 18" tires, something softer would suit the car a lot better.

Its a nice car, I think I'll keep it for a while, all those hours in the garage over the years thinking about driving it some day, nice to have the option!
Old 07-08-16, 09:07 AM
ConradS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there, I'm thinking about bringing over a celsior, but need cruise. Did you ever figure out a workaround to the 106km/hr limiter?
Thanks,
Conrad
Old 07-08-16, 09:50 PM
JradCelly
Rookie

Glad you are getting another ls ! I love my 91 celsior and if I was ever to sell this one that model you you picked up would be the one I get. Love the body style . Mmm!

As soon as it comes over switch all the fluids out that's what I would do ! But I'm sure you already know that.

Can't wait till it hits the port man congratulations! !