LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Midwest LS400

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-13, 10:06 AM
maxk
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Midwest LS400

Hey guys,

Recently picked up a 2000 Black LS400. I previously owned the red headed step child of the Honda Civic, the EM2. Unfortunately it was deemed a total loss due to a hail storm in my hometown, Wichita, KS Here's how she looked just before I parted out and sold her.

I had it for about 4 years, but it was still so painful to see her go. Anyways, I am very happy with the LS so far. I have always wanted to step up to a nice big body platform as I said with the Civic, saw my opportunity and ran with it.

I have a lot of plans for the Lexus for the future, I should be changing it up this week. So far I've tinted it with 20% film, replaced all of the lighting with LED's, a badgeless grill, and some exhaust work to prep for a drop.

All of my pictures so far have been with the iPhone, but come next week I should have it sitting a little better so I assume I'll get my DSLR out and take a few shots of the newest updates.

UPDATE: 11/13/13 //

I have had the coils on for a few weeks now and have been working on fitting the wheels and getting the stance sitting where I'd like it. The coils so far have been awesome. They're not too stiff and not too soft. I cut the strut towers out, but still have banging in places under the tower from the UCA. I'd really like to shorten the front knuckles and run more camber up from so I can drop it more, because I am pretty unsatisfied where it sits now. With it dropped to where I would like it however the rubbing is just too much. At the moment I am still running Style 95's in the front and stockies in the rear because after cutting and rolling the rear quarters, the wheels still do not fit. I tried them on after putting the coils on/cutting/rolling and they were close.

It was close, but not yet there, so I ordered Megan Camber/Toe arms which gave me so much adjustment. Unfortunately after installing I noticed that all they did was push the bottom of the hub out barely giving me a couple more mm's to work with up top. Here is how far it was able to go down after camber. It's sitting on the rim so I couldn't drive it like this

So as of now, this is how it looks lol. Embarrassing, Oh whales.

I am going to press the studs out of my 25mm adapters and mill them down about 5mm and hopefully that will give me the clearance I will need to fit the rears how I'd like. Also have some Celsior Visors laying around that I should have thrown on in the next couple of days. Hopefully I will be able to get some nice DSLR shots of it once I have all the little kinks worked out.

Oh yeah, and this is already happening

Last edited by maxk; 11-13-13 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-11-13, 10:54 AM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Nice find... hope it serves you well and welcome to the Club.
Old 10-11-13, 03:16 PM
YoshiMan
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Welcome aboard! yours looks very nice
Old 10-11-13, 03:31 PM
usoff89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice! Can't wait to see it dropped with those style 95's on there.
Old 10-11-13, 08:42 PM
Jeremiah87
Pit Crew

Looks good so far, any interior shots? Can never go wrong with a black LS400.

Also speaking of Honda red headed step child, I feel ya on that I drove the minivan aka the EP3. Had an 05, that chassis got no love lol. It really was a cult car. I felt that way as well as the EM2 but I saw more of those modded than the EP3s...but neither chassis were the "Honda-Tech" favorites.

*I like the choice on tint percentage (20% is golden, dark enough to provide privacy but still functional to see out of at night even in dark areas) and the LEDs are a nice touch. In for more photos and updates.
Old 10-12-13, 10:35 AM
Kaiyin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Max

(it's John from MN, btw )
Old 10-13-13, 10:38 AM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Good to see another ict member.
Old 11-13-13, 07:16 AM
maxk
Driver School Candidate

Bump, update on original post
Old 11-19-13, 06:53 AM
maxk
Driver School Candidate

Finally got all the wheels on, might need to do a little more tweaking to my height, but all in all, I am pretty happy with it. Need to go get my exhaust all welded up though, it's hurting pretty bad lol.

Only two iPhone shots for now.
Old 12-04-13, 07:34 AM
maxk
Driver School Candidate

Random shot from the other day. Took the car to OKC last weekend, about a 4 hr drive. Everything went great, except the fact that my exhaust has a giant hole in it now haha. Loving the car so far however!

Old 12-04-13, 10:08 AM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

OH..this pile of dog crap right here!!!! ugh get it the sexual euphemism outta here!!!

-how dare u not let me know u were coming down to okc btw mr krubasck!! lol

Last edited by PureDrifter; 12-04-13 at 07:33 PM. Reason: language...
Old 12-04-13, 10:33 AM
maxk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 240benzo
OH..this pile of dog crap right here!!!! ugh get it the *** outta here!!!

-how dare u not let me know u were coming down to okc btw mr krubasck!! lol
LOL, my bad man, I went to stroud for Cupcake Meet, but then stayed in bricktown and hung out with some friends from TX. I figured you would have been at CCM?
Old 12-04-13, 10:50 AM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

HAD TO WORK ALL DAY..thanks lexus =| haha

cant wait to see it in six months knowing how beast you made the civic!

you must be a little lower than me or just plow over s*** cus my exhaust scrapes driving down lumpy roads as is on 18s
but its just scraped to s*** and no holes yet!!! ha but half my exhaust is missing anyways ;P

Last edited by OKSTANCE; 12-04-13 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-04-13, 11:32 AM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by maxk
Random shot from the other day. Took the car to OKC last weekend, about a 4 hr drive. Everything went great, except the fact that my exhaust has a giant hole in it now haha. Loving the car so far however!

Look at the bright side, you're slowly getting a free straight pipe
Old 12-05-13, 09:45 AM
sleepywgn
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I love this build! I saw it on IG and saw amaze on how clean it is. Great job and welcome!

Quick Reply: Midwest LS400