LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Lexus LS400 profiled as a drug dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-13, 04:59 PM
Dranom
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sc0pe
Hmmm, I think I'll probably do that. 50% windshield (maybe a pretty banner at the AS1 line), 35% front windows, 20% rear everything. Pictures from the interior/exterior?
on mine the wholewind shield is tinted. Last 3 of my cars are like that G35,Q45/f50 and now my LS
ill take a pic tomorrow for you guys
Old 10-04-13, 10:28 PM
Jeremiah87
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by nthach
MIne is bone stock, but I live in a nice part of Oakland. However, 10 minutes east or west of me and you'll see LS400 donks arounds. I don't think OPD bats an eyebrow at me.
I was just passing though East Oakland today and saw one LS400 donk. It was painted candy blue and must have been on 24s. Windows down and a joint by E40 was slumpin though the speakers. Common to see them there but when I see donks I think more of the sideshow than I do a dealer.
Old 10-05-13, 04:52 PM
j5ive
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blame "The Sopranos"...

6:16
Old 10-05-13, 07:52 PM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 312 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by j5ive
Blame "The Sopranos"...

The Sopranos Season 1 Part 1

6:16
Oh yea, he was the best.

RIP my man. forever missed.
Old 10-05-13, 07:57 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dranom
on mine the wholewind shield is tinted. Last 3 of my cars are like that G35,Q45/f50 and now my LS
ill take a pic tomorrow for you guys
Woo! I'll tint the whole thing, it's just I want a cool upper/lower windshield banner haha
Old 10-12-13, 11:38 AM
Mrthekid
Driver School Candidate

i get pulled over and followed alot in mine. one cop tried looking in back window and couldnt see so he asked if he peak in and look to make sure no one was pointing a gun at him lol...im sure he didnt expect to see a skinny white guy to be driving though...i have 5% in back and 20% in the front

Last edited by RA40; 10-12-13 at 02:06 PM. Reason: img tag location
Old 10-12-13, 04:38 PM
Jeremiah87
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Mrthekid

i get pulled over and followed alot in mine. one cop tried looking in back window and couldnt see so he asked if he peak in and look to make sure no one was pointing a gun at him lol...im sure he didnt expect to see a skinny white guy to be driving though...i have 5% in back and 20% in the front
lol same thing happens to my friend Kelly (skinny white dude who looks like a surfer) when he drives around in his pearl white Escalade on 24s. He has some good stories of getting stopped and profiled by the police. He inherited the Escalade when his father passed away.

We also have similar tint set up, I too have 5% in back but up front is 15%.
BTW what color is your interior? Tan interior always make tint look lighter which is the reason I prefer 5% for light colored interiors but if my interior was black I would be happy with 15% or 20% all around.
Old 10-12-13, 09:20 PM
Mrthekid
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jeremiah87
lol same thing happens to my friend Kelly (skinny white dude who looks like a surfer) when he drives around in his pearl white Escalade on 24s. He has some good stories of getting stopped and profiled by the police. He inherited the Escalade when his father passed away.

We also have similar tint set up, I too have 5% in back but up front is 15%.
BTW what color is your interior? Tan interior always make tint look lighter which is the reason I prefer 5% for light colored interiors but if my interior was black I would be happy with 15% or 20% all around.
lol i could only imagine. i dint think my car would get that much attention from the cops ( since its all stock) but i mean i guess they're just doing thier jobs. mine has tan interior but still very dark in the back cant see in at all wether its day or night might be changing it to 20% or 15% all around soon
Old 10-12-13, 09:22 PM
Jeremiah87
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Mrthekid
lol i could only imagine. i dint think my car would get that much attention from the cops ( since its all stock) but i mean i guess they're just doing thier jobs. mine has tan interior but still very dark in the back cant see in at all wether its day or night might be changing it to 20% or 15% all around soon
Dont you just love tint? I love it for the privacy/function and of course the looks.

15% all around would be perfect.

I might have the front 15% removed and replaced with 5% to match the back.
Old 10-13-13, 01:32 AM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Dont you just love tint? I love it for the privacy/function and of course the looks.

15% all around would be perfect.

I might have the front 15% removed and replaced with 5% to match the back.
You gotta get those OEM Celsior rear curtains maaaang. Nothing says privacy/function/baller like a set of (power) rear curtains.
Old 10-13-13, 11:32 AM
Jeremiah87
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Sc0pe
You gotta get those OEM Celsior rear curtains maaaang. Nothing says privacy/function/baller like a set of (power) rear curtains.
Lol I was always on the fence about curtains, but with tan or even grey interior its a no go in my opinion. It only works with black interiors, and if there are tan curtains then that is just not a good look.

I have finally come to terms with my interior...but next car I will be getting black.

I wouldn't mind a rear sunscreen that goes up and down like what you see in the BMWs/Mercedes cars.
Old 10-13-13, 05:13 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Lol I was always on the fence about curtains, but with tan or even grey interior its a no go in my opinion. It only works with black interiors, and if there are tan curtains then that is just not a good look.

I have finally come to terms with my interior...but next car I will be getting black.

I wouldn't mind a rear sunscreen that goes up and down like what you see in the BMWs/Mercedes cars.
Now the rear sunscreen idea sounds verrry cool indeed. The OEM curtains are actually white Here are a couple pictures of them on a UCF1x:

Tan curtains look pretty clean if you ask me, and a little photo evidence

but since you've got the grey interior, I'd say go black or OEM. Check out Junction Produce, Garson DAD and Belezza as they make curtains. Color availability differs between them. Or, better yet, DIY so you can add some J(eremiah87)DM style
Old 10-13-13, 05:50 PM
LScowboyLS
Lexus Champion

Received 81 Likes on 39 Posts

I like tint, but past a certain %, it is just cop-bait!
Old 10-13-13, 06:01 PM
Jeremiah87
Pit Crew

LOL I wish I had grey interior! Even better if black but I have tan/beige interior.

DIY curtains can look sick, just go to Joann Fabric...they have some pretty unique material. Diamond quilt would be different.

And LScowboyLS, true but I have been good so far. Then again my situation awareness is always on....it pays to pay attention.

Tan interior/curtains/etc. in a white car aint bad...kinda looks classy.
Old 10-13-13, 08:56 PM
Natey2
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Some Lexus vehicles (like mine) have them too. It's also nice how it automatically goes down temporarily when you put the car in Reverse.

Sent from an Android device using IB Automotive Group forum reader.

Quick Reply: Lexus LS400 profiled as a drug dealer?