LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

NooB to airbags *questions*

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-13, 09:29 PM
SynicalVip
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NooB to airbags *questions*

Well finally decided and saved up for airbags, but as title say am a noob to airbags so really don't know much about them or what will I need etc. I am currently on Megan ez streets right now and looking to go uas on coil. My question is, is there someone/place/company's who sell the whole uas kit with the bracket I need for my coil over? I keep hearing about bracket but not sure what bracket is needed. Just want to gather all the best info I can before making the purchase. If anyone can provide some links to the kit etc that would be great! I know there are quite a few vendors on here that have a pretty good deal on them but wanna hear from you guys. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-26-13, 09:42 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, I've been doing a little research into the matter myself (since I too am slowly [yeah, very, very slowly] working towards a bag-over-coil based air suspension). From my understanding, most recommend just calling up UAS and talking with a rep (I forgot which one specifically) since they can pretty much piece together what you're going for.

Second of all, now I have no idea about what I'm about to get into when I say this but are you sure your EZ-Streets will give you the kind of drop you're going for with air bags and such? Last I checked they don't really go as low as some other popular options (BC Racing) do. Not really sure if the spring-to-bag conversion really changes any of that.
Old 04-26-13, 09:48 PM
SynicalVip
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sc0pe
Well, I've been doing a little research into the matter myself (since I too am slowly [yeah, very, very slowly] working towards a bag-over-coil based air suspension). From my understanding, most recommend just calling up UAS and talking with a rep (I forgot which one specifically) since they can pretty much piece together what you're going for.

Second of all, now I have no idea about what I'm about to get into when I say this but are you sure your EZ-Streets will give you the kind of drop you're going for with air bags and such? Last I checked they don't really go as low as some other popular options (BC Racing) do. Not really sure if the spring-to-bag conversion really changes any of that.
With the ez I can go quite low on it as it is, pretty much can lay frame :P. the decision to go airbag is not just to get the drop I want, I just want the be able to air up when drive around from work and back and on trips etc and lay frame when park and all. With just being on coil I can't do that and the roads here is not all that great and I just love riding low lol so going bags I can adjust up and down :P
Old 04-26-13, 10:12 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SynicalVip
With the ez I can go quite low on it as it is, pretty much can lay frame :P. the decision to go airbag is not just to get the drop I want, I just want the be able to air up when drive around from work and back and on trips etc and lay frame when park and all. With just being on coil I can't do that and the roads here is not all that great and I just love riding low lol so going bags I can adjust up and down :P
Ah, yeah, that's my reasoning behind air as well. Basically, to give the "form" that we crave a bit more "function" Who cares about the haters, amirite? As I was saying before though, try giving a call to UAS and see what they've got. Or maybe wait and get the other members' word on the subject. Also, you may want to check out timmy0tool's little build thread for his air setup. He did the UAS bag-over-coil setup that you're thinking about, though the only thing he did differently was using the BC BRs instead of the Megan EZs.