LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Getaway LS400

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-13, 05:11 PM
HoodFellas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getaway LS400

thought i share this with you guys. video showing a ls400 pulling away and losing the cops. pretty impressive. makes me appreciate my car even more after watching this video. props to the guy that had the ***** and skills to get away.

Old 04-21-13, 05:46 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

nothing about this video is impressive other than the fact that by some miracle of luck and chance that idiot didn't kill or injure any bystanders.

-The car pictured in the start of the video is NOT the same vehicle that was in this chase.
-That 1st gen LS400 wasn't "outrunning" the 4.6L worked mod motor'ed Crown Vics, the dumbass driving it was simply driving it dangerously, whereas cops are actually not allowed to pursue past a certain speed in certain areas to maintain a modicum of public safety.
Old 04-21-13, 11:39 PM
Hodson
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why was that cop driving that friggin slow? sounded like he was revving it pretty damn hard. I understand the "speed limit" thing on his part but he was barely above highway speeds.. on the highway. Either he really wasn't trying hard or his car is slow as ****.

guy in the Lexus definitely juked his *** out and gave him the slip. Don't know why he needed to though, cop probably just wanted to pull him over because he was jealous of the ride. They'll be knocking on his door in the morning with cuffs, they definitely got his plate
Old 04-21-13, 11:57 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

All he did was get a few additional charges added to his file
Old 04-22-13, 12:07 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Hodson
Why was that cop driving that friggin slow? sounded like he was revving it pretty damn hard. I understand the "speed limit" thing on his part but he was barely above highway speeds.. on the highway. Either he really wasn't trying hard or his car is slow as ****.

guy in the Lexus definitely juked his *** out and gave him the slip. Don't know why he needed to though, cop probably just wanted to pull him over because he was jealous of the ride. They'll be knocking on his door in the morning with cuffs, they definitely got his plate
it was a stolen vehicle iirc.....
Old 04-26-13, 09:49 PM
SRV1
Driver

The cop was not driving slow at all. I can attest to the police interceptors since I used to own one. They are heavier than the LS400 and have a 240hp engine so you can do the math as why the LS is faster. Plus do not forget to add on all the equipment the police carry on the vehicles which slows them down even more.

James
Old 04-26-13, 10:16 PM
Hodson
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in-service cop cars are not the stock 240hp motor. My last job I used to work on them a lot, got to test drive them.... they are not stock. They most likely revert it back to stock before selling to the public, but I remember hearing the typical cop car has close to 350hp.

This guy was slow as **** though. ***** driving skills or his car just sucked.
Old 04-26-13, 10:17 PM
HoodFellas
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SRV1
The cop was not driving slow at all. I can attest to the police interceptors since I used to own one. They are heavier than the LS400 and have a 240hp engine so you can do the math as why the LS is faster. Plus do not forget to add on all the equipment the police carry on the vehicles which slows them down even more.

James
agreed the cop car is heavier, if the cop was driving any faster he woulda lost control. now the driver of that LS must be a member in here
Old 04-27-13, 12:10 AM
cobalt91
Lead Lap

I've read that some of the traffic enforcement cars have a 3.55 differential in them. The crown vic may be heavier and only 240 horse, but torque is like 300 or so if memory servs. That intercepter is not slow.
Old 04-30-13, 11:06 PM
GH5T
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I've seen this video before iirc the guy in the LS was caught by another unit off camera. He may have out run the police car but he couldn't out run the radio.

GH5T
Old 05-01-13, 02:14 AM
HoodFellas
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GH5T
I think I've seen this video before iirc the guy in the LS was caught by another unit off camera. He may have out run the police car but he couldn't out run the radio.

GH5T
disapointing to hear that all that hard work for nothing
Old 05-01-13, 07:29 AM
OldGuy60
Driver School Candidate

First, I agree with PureDrifter's opening statement.
Next I present the following info:

"The 2006–present Police Interceptors are mostly equipped with a 3.27:1 rear axle ratio (Axle code Z5) and are electronically limited to 140 mph (225 km/h) due to critical driveline speed limitations. (The weight of the vehicle with law-enforcement equipment on-board makes it highly unlikely the vehicle could ever reach speeds approaching this figure. However, a flat-out figure of 125 mph is the best that could be expected with the 4.6 modular V8, unless driving on an open straight for an extended period of time.). An optional 3.55:1 trac loc rear axle ratio with 120 mph speed limiter was available (Axle code X5 or C6). Pre-2006 Police Interceptors equipped with the 3.27:1 rear axle ratio were generally limited to approximately 131 mph (211 km/h). This is compares to the standard non-P71 2.73 rear axle ratio with a speed limitation of 110 mph (177 km/h) for all "civilian" Crown Victorias.[6]"

and I conclude with a request that one watch the video carefully and watch the closure rate by the cruiser on the other vehicles during the "interstate" portion of the pursuit. Then time the section (using the provide clock) for the portion from ramp to ramp stated on the signage as 1/2 mile (approximate of course) and you will conclude the cruiser probably reached 125ish mph.

PS the video states at opening, "stock LS", has anybody ever seen a factory lowered 9"/10" wide tires, rear valance thru exhaust LS? I would have loved that factory option

Last edited by OldGuy60; 05-01-13 at 07:53 AM.
Old 05-01-13, 07:19 PM
mikes7ke
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HoodFellas
disapointing to hear that all that hard work for nothing
Driving like a total retard is in no way hard work.
Old 05-02-13, 12:54 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

without getting into all these debates. that was awesome from a V8 Lexus owners perspective
Old 05-14-13, 06:12 PM
SRV1
Driver

in-service cop cars are not the stock 240hp motor. My last job I used to work on them a lot, got to test drive them.... they are not stock. They most likely revert it back to stock before selling to the public, but I remember hearing the typical cop car has close to 350hp.

This guy was slow as **** though. ***** driving skills or his car just sucked.
110% False. The engine is the same engine in the Town Cars, Grand Marquis, regular Crown Vics and Mustangs. The only difference between a P71 Crown Vic and a P73/P74 is the computer other than that the engines are all same. No naturally aspirated 4.6 2v from the factory ever had 350 hp let alone 300. Police interceptors are nothing special. So yes they are stock.

James

Quick Reply: Getaway LS400