LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Blower Motor/Integrated Phone Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-13, 09:33 PM
CMFD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower Motor/Integrated Phone Issue

Hey, im new here! Well kinda.... ive been lurking the site for a long time just never post. But I cant seem to find the issue to my problem and a lot of you have a lot of know-abouts of the LS. I have searched the site over and over but cant find my exact issue with a solution.

98 LS400

I have owned the car for 2 months and the first thing I did to it was install an aux cable following the tutorial on here.

Next was to replace the blown factory sub with a 12" (wiring amplifier too). So, during the process of running the power power to the trunk, i randomly heard the integrated phone dial tone (like someone was holding down a number on the phone - beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep) that lasted for about 4 seconds. Wasn't even touching anything when it happened. Didnt think anything of it until after my installation was done, i noticed the blower motor wont go above the first speed. And before the beep i could turn the phone on but could no longer. I should mention right after i heard the tone i noticed for whatever reason there was a small puddle of water under the tool box in the trunk where the harness is and the harness was in it. WTF!! So i got on here and saw a post about switching the plugs in the back. so i did that and it worked!! and then it didnt work I then removed the phone in the center console (unplugged it). nothing. took another look at the harness and it was corroded like none other! a couple wires fell out. DUH that MUST be the problem. Since i was never going to use the phone, i decided to cut the clips and solder each wire to another (respectively). But still nothing. So I am stuck..... and summer is coming up and im in texas so this is no bueno!!!

Sorry for the lengthy read, i thought i should be as thorough as possible. Oh, one more thing, on the few wires that were heavily corroded, the wire was black and burnt looking. I'm not sure what that means. Its weird to me how most people with this problem also have issues with the radio but mine works fine.

Any help would be much appreciated as i am already starting to sweat my *** off. I could really use a wiring diagram for those pinouts

Thanks!!

Last edited by CMFD; 04-07-13 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-07-13, 08:24 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

I assume you can find the wiring diagram for the large phone connectors in the trunk is at https://techinfo.toyota.com

Maybe you soldered the wrong wires together or one of the metal wire cores is cracked an inch or so from where you soldered it. There are a lot of wires in those connectors so I can see how it could be difficult.