LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

New; From Vancouver!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-13, 11:56 PM
Hodson
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New; From Vancouver!

Hey guys! I've been lurking here for a while, but now I'll introduce myself

I picked up a 1991 LS a while ago for a RETARDED steal at an auction-based dealership nearby. 210,000 km's, silver, grey leather interior, no accidents since 1993 according to the Carfax and that was only about $500. It has a rather noticeable dent on the bottom of the passenger rear door, paint chip about 3 inches large on the front left bumper corner, and the left rear bumper corner as well. Other than that it's mint, clean interior, nice paint, everything works perfectly.

Only thing I did was buy some 19" 5Zigen Sport Engine SC3000's for it. I think they fit it really well. Today I just finished throwing in some Megan EZ streets, it was absolute gravy. Easier than installing lowering springs in the '94 mustang I had last, I was shocked. My fitment isn't so great yet, I'm going to give them two weeks to settle and work themselves in before I start tinkering. Here's a sneak peek

The block of wood is so I could get my jack out from underneath, lol.

You can see that big rear door dent there.

In 2 weeks I'm going to get some wheel spacers for the front (I'm thinking 1 or 1.5 inch; i'll measure when it's time and make sure i get the perfect size.), stance it and do the exhaust. This is my daily driver as well

Stoked to get to know everyone here!

-Eric

Last edited by Hodson; 03-30-13 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-30-13, 03:11 AM
SynicalVip
Lead Lap

Welcome! Nice pick up! Look pretty clean!
Old 03-30-13, 09:26 AM
drs23
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome. I'd agree that that was a steal as well. As you've been lurking for a while you already know this site is just chock full of LS enthusiasts who really know what they're talking about. This site has really saved me time, money and headaches!
Old 03-30-13, 03:41 PM
mikebatman
Driver School Candidate

welcome from a fellow new member. I agree with Drs23, I've only been on here about 3 days and already have received many great tips and instructions on how to improve my ls400.
This is a great place to be for anyone with an ls400.
Old 03-30-13, 03:44 PM
chicov8
Lead Lap

welcome to the club
Old 03-30-13, 04:49 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus and congrats on the LS.
Old 03-30-13, 07:45 PM
Hodson
Rookie

Thanks! yeah, i've already got some sweet tips from searching around :]

This is my car today! Not having any rubbing issues so far, i don't know if they will settle more or not. Drove around with 3 people in the car today, still no rub and I only stiffened up the front damper 3 clicks, the rears are unchanged damper and max low. The ride is awesome! I'm sure i'll have to raise the fronts when I get spacers, i measured about 20mm to get a small amount of poke so I'll be getting those soon. I'll definitely try at my current height and see how it fares

I know, not super aggressive, but keep in mind this is my daily driver. Doesn't mean I won't be making it lower and wider though.. soon. Kind of miffed that's as low as I can get in the rear, it is a little better with me sitting in it.
Old 04-25-13, 06:31 AM
priestsls4
Driver School Candidate

so...some ?s if you dont mind...even though Megan claims fitment for only 95+, the ez street bolted up fine on your gen1? also, what settings did you use?

my 91 is laying on the tires while I try to decide what to buy...I like a ride similar to stock, but at a slightly lower ride height...looks like you nailed the height I am looking for!
Old 04-25-13, 06:38 AM
j2b4o
Pole Position

The Megan's were prototyped on the ucf10(89-94), so they will work. Most dealers have them listed for 89-00 iirc.
They will not get you close to a stock ride. A nice set of springs and shocks will though.
Old 04-25-13, 09:28 AM
cobalt91
Lead Lap

Man I'm really digging the ride height your at. Not so low that it looks like its gonna scrape. whats the offset on your rims? and welcome!
Old 04-25-13, 09:47 AM
priestsls4
Driver School Candidate

thanks j2. I may be rethinking that...because like cobalt I dig the stance on hodson's ls4. I can accept a new ride...heck, I cant really tell you with any certainty what the stock ride was really like anyway as I still have the original air susp...of course, there is no more air!

I will drive her quite a bit (nearly DD)...but in particular I want her for a nice cruising ride. I drive my jeep and truck a lot around town (daily in winter). hence, I want her to look great and ride nice.

do you all think the megans dropped a bit and set up a little firm will get me there?

how would you describe your ride Hodson?
Old 04-25-13, 01:10 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

looking good Hodson!
Old 04-26-13, 02:07 PM
Hodson
Rookie

Mine are currently on maximum firm on the front and are still definitely soft. In fact I'm trying to find a way to stiffen them up since I just threw some spacers on. The ride I would describe as comfortable but still sporty. Definitely really good for daily driving! Yes, the 95-00 coilovers bolt directly into an 89-94, manufacturers will even tell you it fits if you phone them. They're all just listed for 95-00 for some reason. Rears in that picture are maximum low, fronts could go lots lower but I obviously didn't want to lol. I did get fender liner rub, my wheels are 19x9 on the front I believe with 235/35s. I do not remember the offset, I bought these wheels second hand. I think +48 but I don't know for sure (fitment was awful; used 20mm spacers to get flush) now with the spacers I do not rub the liner, but now hit the fender.. God dammit, right? hah.

But. To put it simply, yes megan EZs are really good for the price and have a good ride. I wouldn't recommend for any racing purposes due to the overall softness, but for putting on your daily driver to get a good stance with a comfy ride and a good price tag, these are pretty perfect.
Old 04-26-13, 03:05 PM
jaraneta
Driver School Candidate

Nice ride Hodson! Whereabouts are you in Vancouver?
Old 04-26-13, 03:58 PM
Hodson
Rookie

Thanks for the love guys! I'm in south surrey area, right near the border in Canada BC!

Quick Reply: New; From Vancouver!