LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

N20 NOSzles Performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-02, 07:36 AM
LexusWhoSmokedU
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N20 NOSzles Performance

I have been anxiously awaiting the time when college lets out for Christmas break for two reasons. 1. No school and 2. Get to spend quality time with my car. Anyway, I purchased a V-8 NOSzle kit from Holley and was wondering if anyone else has had experience with this kit. The performance shop my friend works at said that without any modifications other than the gas, a stock Mustang GT will double its horsepower without giving reliability fits. I was hoping that the same would apply for the Lexus since this is about a 250 shot of NOS. I have intake and exhaust done and everything has been rebuilt on the entire car. My worries are that the rear end is going to turn into a twisted pile of metal. I already have bent two driveshafts and also cracked three flex disks. The best thing I broke though was all the rear end bolts. I snapped them and my car was held together by struts... Not good. All of that wasn't too much work to do, but not cheap. I was wondering where I could purchase new rear end parts and also have my tranny sent off for a much much stronger rebuild. I rebuilt the tranny this summer and already from racing and hard driving, second gear slips a little. The real reason behind my madness is that I have a friend who bet me a lousy $100 that I couldn't make my car run a 10 second quarter. I told him that I would not only run a 10, but that I wouldn't take a single piece out for weight reduction purposes. I have until next Christmas (Dec. 2003) to get it done. After the nitrous, I want a supercharger so that I can easily make my 4 door big body Lexus beat just about anything willing to race.
Old 12-05-02, 01:22 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Sean, you are going to need a Supra Turbo drivetrain:
Tranny rebuild by a Supra expert shop
Supra TT 6spd torsen LSD differential

You already REALLY need a PI torque converter.

To run 10.90s at 4000 pounds you are going to need (in addition to GREAT traction) at LEAST 600 horsepower :eek:

From your other posts it seems that you have managed 350hp already

Your 250 shot of NoS could get you there but you will probably need better exhaust manifolds to flow that much exhaust mass. You DEFINITELY need MORE FUEL. Get the Supra fuel pump setups the upgrade twin/big single turbo cars are running.

Ignition timing is going to be CRITICAL. ANY and I mean ANY detonation at those levels will shatter the cast pistons. SRT carries forgings and that may be worth considering.
Old 12-05-02, 01:55 PM
LexusWhoSmokedU
Driver School Candidate

I already planned on forged parts for just about the entire bottom end and also forged cylinder sleeves. I am really wanting to get this done quickly but it sounds like I need to go find a wrecked TT Supra and strip it out. I am aware of the costs which won't be too bad, but mainly, I am doing this because I really love this car and also am acting like a elementary kid with mine is faster than yours. The funny thing is, I don't race anyone unless they taunt
sean gillette
Old 12-05-02, 02:18 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

Hello John,

I email SRT twice, but they did not response to me. When i get extra money, i will take my spare block and get a set of custom JE forged Dish turbo friendly pistons.