1993 Lexus Ls400
I have used the lexls method to retrieve the codes - lots of thanks to that fine gentleman.
Check engine code is # 25 25 - Air-fuel ratio lean malfunction
Trac code #51 - 51 - Problem in engine control system
I was thinking I might tackle the trac #51 1st since it seems to be fairly agreed that a removal of ecu and replacement of capacitors will fix, or not, this problem. Is that correct? I have replaced capacitors in my buick regal gs instrument cluster as well as capacitors in Eagle talon ECU.
Regarding Check engine #25 - I searched and saw another post
with this same code
- basically the advice given was check everything.
Does anyone else have further specific information on what the lean malfunction may cause?
Car symptoms include:
- track light turns on after driving a little while (5 min, or sometimes right away) by trac light, I mean that "trac off" illuminates.
- little power at low RPM (lots of power above 3k rpm
- gas mileage is pretty good - 9.5 L per 100 km, or about 19 MPG.
- car had light throttle misfire or detonation when I purchased, since running 93 octane for 2 tanks, stumble has gone away.
- I have bought new plugs & wires and plan to replace.
Besides losing track (which is a problem with Canadian winter coming) and low rpm lack of power, car seems to behave ok.
I would rather correct his (particularly trac) before winter comes and I end up stranded.
All helpful advice accepted!
edit 1: brake light bulb light on - checking harness in trunk
edit 2: maybe I try by passing fuel pump controller to see if cures low rpm sluggish
edit 3: will visually inspect ecu