LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

What is your take on this????

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-12, 04:58 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What is your take on this????

So I forgot where I saw it but I saw an idea of this from a picture in the internet that I was never able to find again. I searched on Alcohol bottle inserts for rear seats but all I saw was built into the actual arm rest/console so I went to my original idea and making an insert so here is my finished product...kept it JDM of course with some premium Soju and I was looking for this exact alcohol bottle for the longest time because of the elegant shape and chrome/glass mix because under the actual bottle is blue LEDs that shine thru the alcohol very nicely. Will take night pictures later with LEDs... only thing holding this enclosure/insert is pressure on the sides and wiring has removable ends to remove insert and put arm rest back up in case more ladies decide to ride comments are very welcome. And yes I know what youre thinking I have more Gucci than a flea market... but I like it and makes the interior stand out!

Old 09-24-12, 07:12 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

looks ok, reminds me of the 80's when cats used to do their rag tops, drop tops, etc..... on Fendi,Gucci or LV. Shout out to Dapper Dan.
Old 09-24-12, 09:57 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Haha Im from the 80s era so it suits well haha oh them jumpsuits!
Old 09-24-12, 11:01 PM
RA010623
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting ... look like a commercial shot but not sure how useful a bottle in the center would be
Old 09-24-12, 11:25 PM
yahoo_san
Driver School Candidate

soju isn't jdm, its a korean liquor.. fit it for a bottle of habushu that'll make a real nice center piece

looks good though, I've redone some interior pieces in my cars before.. affordable way to get a fresher updated look for the interior!

edit: oh btw if you dont mind me asking where did you get the fabric and how much? I can't find good quality fabric anywhere these days...
Old 09-25-12, 10:50 AM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Yes I know it is more of a Korean drink but it is the same thing just with added fermentation ingrediants and the change of cooking in temperature... but this specific company TyKu that makes both Sake and Soju doesnt make sake in a clear glass bottle. Although they do make a green Liqour bottle with an already built green light under the bottle but doubt that will be brighter than my 12v blue LEDs running under the bottle... I got mine multiplie times from www.fabric4home.com they have a great selection and prices range but are about 50/ yard for vinyl and 25/ yard for fabric... I used vinyl of course because doesnt stain, fade, its harder and easy to clean. Well worth double the price for better quality.
Old 09-25-12, 12:41 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Soju=/=sake. not at all.
Old 09-25-12, 12:53 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Yes... Soju is made just like sake except for with added barley and sometimes potato and instead of hot, in a cold environment... still a a base rice wine with different flavor sometimes comparable to vodka...
Old 09-25-12, 01:16 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

The only color that looks out of place, imo, is the light grey at the front and back arm rest. I would change those to black like the rest of the leather. Maybe even paint the blue-grey center console black. Kind of mismatched looking with all those color combos at the front.

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 09-25-12 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-25-12, 01:28 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

The lighting is messing with your vision... The grey is actually the same color as the seats... and there is no black in my interior except for the recently dyed carpet and my curtains.... so black would be the only out of place color in the interior... the car is black but im not doing a black interior, im keeping it the grey/dark grey scheme that came oem... the leather in the seats will be completely re upholstered using the exact same material used to cover the sides of the arm rest but it still matches the old seats great as is sits now either way
Old 09-26-12, 08:20 PM
filthyLS4
Driver

I really dig this how many yards did u use?all together
Old 09-26-12, 11:22 PM
shoob
Driver

Originally Posted by yahoo_san
soju isn't jdm, its a korean liquor.. fit it for a bottle of habushu that'll make a real nice center piece

looks good though, I've redone some interior pieces in my cars before.. affordable way to get a fresher updated look for the interior!

edit: oh btw if you dont mind me asking where did you get the fabric and how much? I can't find good quality fabric anywhere these days...

sure you can, youd never guess where this came from.....btw, this print is satin and velvet. the overlay is synthetic silk screen.

Old 09-26-12, 11:25 PM
shoob
Driver

to the OP, looks nice, ill be going a little different, such is the car game. where as you did the entire panel. im doing the bottoms where carpeted and speaker covers. however, i do like your rear and front center consoles, but that never work with kids, lol.
Old 09-26-12, 11:48 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by filthyLS4
I really dig this how many yards did u use?all together
Thank you, I used about 5 yards total for the doors, center consoles and insert and still have a little bit left. But will be ordering more to do the seat inserts aswell as new console matching grey leather to replace old ones on seats. Hmmm Im liking the the gold buttons looks good and that print too.

This is what it looks like at night with the LED light under... it lights up the liquid better than I expected.. looks kinda like a lava lamp to me.. haha

And for anyone that wondered how I made the enclosure.... a box like this would be a great enclosure for speakers... any electronics or anything else crazy anyone can come up with to fill this hole... upside to my option is that I have disconnecting ends on the LED wires behind the enclosure to have it removable to put the arm rest back up. This was the rough box I made before i filled it with foam to finish it...
Old 09-27-12, 07:15 AM
filthyLS4
Driver

how is the quality on the vinyl? i seen they also had leather did u happen to order a sample swatches? im thinking of getting the black leather gucci, I have grey interior like you but I already began dying my interior black but my inserts are still grey but i do have a nice black dashboard now lol

Quick Reply: What is your take on this????