LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

1LS Quick Release/Hub?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-12, 03:37 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1LS Quick Release/Hub?????

Tried to search everywhere and came up with nothing on 1LS, only on SC's... Does anyone know which NRG hub and quick release fits the 1st gen LS? Is it a Toyota hub or Lexus hub that specifically fits the steering column of the UCF10 and which one? Any light shed to the mystery would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-26-12, 04:18 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

you need to search properly, this has been discussed here several times. If you're unsure, try searching for "steering hub" in the LS400 forum.

the best hub for the 1LS is imho the HKB cruise hub, which retains the cruise control and horn. plus its not overly expensive.
Old 08-26-12, 10:02 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

You swear like I dont know this... I obviously did a search and came up with nothing, last thing I want to do is waste my time asking a question already answered. I looked in CL aswell as google, vsc and so on and found nothing detailed on LS steering hubs other than just stating one was put and NO ONE with a quick release on a UCF10... NO SPECS or anything I just want to make sure of my purchase before so... and wanted to hear from people in experience with these hubs. I appreciate the input but I want to attach a QUICK RELEASE hub not a regular one. But thanks for the info either way I wasnt aware of the KHB brand, seems like their hubs arent so popular as I can hardly find them online. Any one else running an NRG quick release hub on their 1LS???
Old 08-27-12, 06:10 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

The HKB company is probably the single largest japanese aftermarket steering hub company out there. They make hubs for EVERYTHING, and usually combinations that retain the OEM cruise control as well.
http://www.hkbsports.com/product/bos...ta/toyota.html

there is NO NRG hub that is BRANDED to work with the LS. they may have one that fits, but it won't be specific. I recall a member using a civic hub, and another using an IS or A80 supra hub (which makes no sense as iirc they're 2 diff splines, though one may have been an early LS and one may have been later).

NRG Quick Releases are universal parts, and have been used on the LS several times. I've never used one of the QRs on my lexus, but did have one on my old cars.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-qr-setup.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ss-thread.html
(^both found by searching "NRG*" in the LS400 forum....)
Old 08-27-12, 09:29 AM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Hmmmm interesting I wish theyd have an English website to understand and possibly make an order the HKB hub. Yea I figured I searched everywhere for a specific LS hub but didnt yield anything. Nice thanks for the links, I did not search under NRG thinking too many results came up, just under "quick release and steering hubs" I saw the first posted link but didnt have a sure answer but the 2nd had someone stating the same thing that Civic hubs work on the 1LS. Yea I had an old 1.0 NRG QR in my ITR and have since then wanted another on my 1LS... I appreciate the input alot... I should now order that Civic hub and make sure it fits before ordering everything else. Thanks alot!
Old 08-27-12, 10:24 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

QRs can be attached to most hubs so the QR is not the issue. you simply need to find the right hub that fits. as far as what hub does fit a 1LS, i'm not too sure.

i did get my HKB hub for my accord from optauto.com but that was years ago, and i don't see them carrying that brand anymore. i did have to wait 3 weeks for them to source it and ship it here from japan. as PD said, it was still only $50 and it fit perfectly. this was before NRG was even around.
Old 08-27-12, 12:43 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

somewhere on the 3rd link i posted there's info on the correctHKB cruise control hub for the 1LS.