LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Celsior Badges are a crime! (apparently)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-12, 01:07 AM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but it is always fun to troll the cops when you know you're legit as fuuuu lol
Old 04-17-12, 01:32 AM
Raddison
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They see you rollin'...

...they hatin'
Old 04-17-12, 07:00 AM
Mugen_1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been pulled over a few times in my LS w/Celsior badges, and each time had to explain to the officer why my car says "Toyota" but comes back as a Lexus.

A state cop didn't initially believe me, so I showed him the un-Toyota'd interior and explained what JDM meant, then he understood. A local cop told me one of the times that I needed to "watch it" when I was in more urban areas, especially those known for having chop shops, because I was almost guaranteed harassment.

However, the last time I got pulled over, the officer never asked why there was a discrepancy as to why she had pulled over a "Toyota" with insurance/registration as a Lexus, which frankly, I felt was odd given my prior experiences.

My question is, what are they going to say to the guys around here driving Ford Probe GT-Rs?
Old 04-17-12, 07:51 AM
awdandrwd
Driver

Originally Posted by AYEmike
but it is always fun to troll the cops when you know you're legit as fuuuu lol
It'll be fun 'till you get shot.

Best thing to do if cops are messing with you is to stay in the car and keep both hands on top of steering wheel. Do that and I guarantee you a cop will chill out.

Stan
Old 04-17-12, 08:11 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

this absolutely sucks to hear. I have soarer griffin. I'd be pissed if I get pulled over just for that
Old 04-17-12, 09:44 AM
j2b4o
Pole Position

Originally Posted by awdandrwd
It'll be fun 'till you get shot.

Best thing to do if cops are messing with you is to stay in the car and keep both hands on top of steering wheel. Do that and I guarantee you a cop will chill out.

Stan
I pull the keys throw em on the dash and have my hands clearly on the wheel with the window down whenever I get pulled over. Some LEO fam and friends suggested it and it does work well "most" of the time.
However last time the guy was such a **** that I ended up loosing 2hrs and getting 8 yes 8 bull ish tickets. mostly for things that weren't even close to true.
Not that its no still a good idea to do but be prepared to bend over anyway.
Old 04-17-12, 10:24 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by whit3b0y
take it youve never tuned a honda. Ive been pulled over twice since i got my ls400 two years ago. One time deserved second time mistake. first i had no plates and was driving home from buying it, car was searched. second i was pulled over for my lexus plates on a benze. he then realized it was a lexus. I know vehicular harassment and neither was it.
this is why i stopped driving my honda (which i still have). we get profiled so much and it's not worth the hassle even if my swap is legit (BAR'd). living in socal, this is part of the lifestyle and honestly it makes things quite interesting at times. i do love rolling in the lexus and not worrying about getting pulled over every time i see a black and white. cops here are getting more and more knowledgeable with modifications so be careful.
Old 04-17-12, 10:27 AM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Duddddde Mike I told you the inside of your car smelled.... suspicious...

You need to ditch that air "freshener" already
Old 04-17-12, 11:24 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

The cars I had prior to this LS400 I'd shaved the emblems from. These were not super fixed up or highly modified to attract attention. I've still had my share of "meetings" but not to the point about a de-emblemized car.

OTOH and I'm unsure of this, was there ever a left hand drive "Celsior"? I was equally amused in Japan seeing the right hand drive with "Lexus LS400". Celsior= RHD, Lexus=LHD.
Old 04-18-12, 11:22 AM
radiokilla
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Brandicus
Duddddde Mike I told you the inside of your car smelled.... suspicious...

You need to ditch that air "freshener" already
My air freshener is orange/squash scented!

oh yeah and to the other posters, I always put my hands on the steering wheel so they can see them and i tell them whenever i am reaching for something, wallet, registration etc.
Old 04-18-12, 04:34 PM
ThatBeezy
Driver School Candidate

that is ridiculous how about the type-r vtec corrolla's i see everywhere? who is harrassing them?
Old 04-18-12, 06:50 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

If you are riding low, tinted with some big wheels, you are a target. We all have gone through it. This will continue from your late teens till however long you want to have a highly modded and obvious cars. When you hit that 35-60 range and drive stock cars, no worries. Unless you are speeding or doing something obvious to get their attention.
Old 04-18-12, 08:36 PM
blkvip
Rookie

just tell them youll open your door and they can look at the factory vin stamp....proof posiitive done. then go to go say it sounds better lol
Old 04-19-12, 12:33 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by radiokilla
My air freshener is orange/squash scented!
Lol you need a new one buddy, "orange/squash" is NOT what comes to mind
Old 04-20-12, 02:39 PM
ProjektS13
Driver

I've been pulled over many times in SF with my 240 for stupid things (looking suspicious, not having mud flaps when "wheels stick out passed the body"). My car is basically a K's silvia replica, only once received a ticket for modified emissions But never been hassled for silvia badges.

Quick Reply: Celsior Badges are a crime! (apparently)