LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

What are these lights?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-12, 08:48 PM
Hiroshi12
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So I carried out my original plan and simply painted them over with a can of UCA75 which I purchased from Automotivetouchup.com. It was $20 for a 12 oz. can of spray paint but their product matches the OEM color perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails What are these lights?-dsc04588-640x480-.jpg   What are these lights?-dsc04583-640x480-.jpg  
Old 05-27-13, 12:07 AM
VanCityLS4
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

So this is something I wanted to do since I posted on the topic last year. Recently I did get around to modifying it the way I wanted. The USDM amber corners were an afterthought only added to meet DOT specifications. I wanted to utilize the blank/dummy housings so I wired it directly to the amber corner. It looks dope & functions well when cornering in dark environments. Bulbs are SMD x5 LED's.

Last edited by VanCityLS4; 05-27-13 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-28-13, 09:06 AM
rick1987
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VanCityLS4
So this is something I wanted to do since I posted on the topic last year. Recently I did get around to modifying it the way I wanted. The USDM amber corners were an afterthought only added to meet DOT specifications. I wanted to utilize the blank/dummy housings so I wired it directly to the amber corner. It looks dope & functions well when cornering in dark environments. Bulbs are SMD x5 LED's.

looks good,

any more pics?
Old 05-28-13, 09:45 AM
VanCityLS4
Lead Lap

Ya ill post some in a couple days. Well worth the time/money if you run LEDs in this housing. My headlights are not on in the above picture.
Old 05-28-13, 01:24 PM
rick1987
Pole Position

it must pretty awesome with matching HID headlights and fog lights!
Old 05-31-13, 12:46 AM
VanCityLS4
Lead Lap

I love the look. It rains lots up here so I run PIAA plasma yellows in the fog. Here's a pic of the light output.

Old 05-31-13, 06:34 PM
rick1987
Pole Position

that looks sweet man!

I think I will have to play around with mine!
Old 05-31-16, 01:10 PM
Hiroshi12
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kansas
Toyota chose not to put the substantially deeper cornering light units of the Japanese market 98-00 Celsiors on the LS400's sold in North America and in a number of other markets.

The same holds true for the LS430. The Japanese version had corning lights and the North American version did not.

Maybe Toyota didn't want the LS400 to seem like a Cadillac!

You can see a brief demonstation of the Japanese market 98-00 LS400 corning lights in the video at the bottom of this Japanese language webpage: http://celsiorup.com/custom20/2107winker_position.htm
Sorry to bump this old thread but to clarify - on the JDM Celsior these were cornering lights which came on when the turn signals were activated, correct? Only asking because I acquired a set and want to make sure that was the intention. Obviously my car does not have the male plug-ins required for installation so I'll be going to the local Toyota junk yard for some today. Bonus: the guy I bought these from also sold me the OE fogs with built-in yellow reflectors.
Attached Thumbnails What are these lights?-imag0597.jpg   What are these lights?-imag0598.jpg  
Old 05-31-16, 04:29 PM
YODAONE
Lexus Champion

Received 406 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Hiroshi12
Sorry to bump this old thread but to clarify - on the JDM Celsior these were cornering lights which came on when the turn signals were activated, correct? Only asking because I acquired a set and want to make sure that was the intention. Obviously my car does not have the male plug-ins required for installation so I'll be going to the local Toyota junk yard for some today. Bonus: the guy I bought these from also sold me the OE fogs with built-in yellow reflectors.
What are (Toyota) P.N.s for the left and right cornering lamps?

P.M. me if you have a source for another set.

Can you can provide a better image of the female plug in? I may be able to work up OEM connector shell and terminal P.N.s...

Or..if you determine the Celsior cornering lamp connector mates with, say the side marker lamp connector or common somewhere else let me know too.(careful what you plug into.)

Also, does anyone have the Celsior wiring schematic for the front wiring harness?

Thanks
Old 05-31-16, 07:25 PM
UNCNOR
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by YODAONE

Can you can provide a better image of the female plug in? I may be able to work up OEM connector shell and terminal P.N.s...

Or..if you determine the Celsior cornering lamp connector mates with, say the side marker lamp connector or common somewhere else let me know too.(careful what you plug into.)

Also, does anyone have the Celsior wiring schematic for the front wiring harness?

Thanks
Available from Amayama.com. 81361-50010 and 81390-50011.
Old 06-01-16, 07:44 AM
Hiroshi12
Lead Lap

Last night trip to the junkyard = score!
Attached Thumbnails What are these lights?-imag0610.jpg  
Old 06-01-16, 08:12 AM
Hiroshi12
Lead Lap

Thanks
Sorry, don't have any part numbers. Even if you had that info, your local Toyota dealer would not be able to get them since these were never meant for the US market. I got this set from the LS-400 Classifieds page on facebook. I would recommend that as a possible source for hard-to-find parts. As stated previously in this thread, adapting a plug to your US-spec "cornering light" shouldn't be that hard since it's a standard harness which is the same as the turn signals on our cars. I just happened to get these included when I purchased the JDM fogs - which is what I was really after. Anyway, when my new bulbs come in I'm gonna wire everything up this weekend.
Old 06-01-16, 08:12 AM
Yamae

Received 852 Likes on 644 Posts

Thanks
Here it is the wiring schematic for cornering lamps. It's for a Celsior and you need to read Japanese characters some.
Attached Thumbnails What are these lights?-cornaring-lamps.jpg  
Old 06-01-16, 08:25 AM
Hiroshi12
Lead Lap

Yamae, here is a strange question, but keep in mind I am not an electric/electronic expert as you are: if I splice my recycled wiring into the factory turn signal wires, will this corner light simply illuminate or will it blink?
Old 06-01-16, 01:10 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Hiroshi12
Yamae, here is a strange question, but keep in mind I am not an electric/electronic expert as you are: if I splice my recycled wiring into the factory turn signal wires, will this corner light simply illuminate or will it blink?
it will blink with the turn signals.

Quick Reply: What are these lights?